CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Worst President in History? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5812)

Higher_Desire 02-09-2004 11:18 PM

Worst President in History?

The following appeared in the Durham, NC local paper as a letter to the editor.
---------------------
Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war. They complain about his prosecution of it. One liberal recently claimed Bush was the worst President in U.S. history. Let's clear up one point: We didn't start the war on terror. Try to remember, it was started by terrorists BEFORE 9/11.

Let's look at the "worst" President and mismanagement claims:

FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per year.

John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent . Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. We lost 600 soldiers, an average of 300 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home.

Worst president in history? Come on!
---------------------

H-D :fart:

JulieCitySlicker 02-09-2004 11:20 PM

What about Clinton :wtf:
He wasn't all that damn great :rolleyes:

RMadd 02-09-2004 11:23 PM

Bravo! Here, when I read the title, I thought perhaps you had defected to Canada or something, and started bashing Bush. But putting it all in perspective, well that's just fantabulous! Words cannot express my anger toward anyone and everyone who skews stuff. Is it just coincidence that all the presidents mentioned prior to Bush were Democrats?

RMadd 02-09-2004 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed
What about Clinton :wtf:
He wasn't all that damn great :rolleyes:

My take on Clinton's foreign policy is that he was too much of a pussy to take on the big guys; he was afraid from what had happened to Bush Sr. following the first Gulf War, and was scared to do anything big to rid the Iraqi people of Saddam. Sure, Eastern Europe's important (especially after the fall of the Soviet Union), but Saddam's been a bad guy for quite some time.

JulieCitySlicker 02-09-2004 11:27 PM

I don't think Clinton would have handled 9/11 as well as Bush did, just IMO ;)

Higher_Desire 02-09-2004 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
Is it just coincidence that all the presidents mentioned prior to Bush were Democrats?

Hmmmm. I've never noticed that before. :rolleyes: And "fantabulous" is a wonderful word. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
My take on Clinton's foreign policy is that he was too much of a pussy to take on the big guys; he was afraid from what had happened to Bush Sr. following the first Gulf War, and was scared to do anything big to rid the Iraqi people of Saddam. Sure, Eastern Europe's important (especially after the fall of the Soviet Union), but Saddam's been a bad guy for quite some time.

Well put.

H-D :fart:

RMadd 02-09-2004 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed
I don't think Clinton would have handled 9/11 as well as Bush did, just IMO ;)

He would've had Monica there under his desk, sucking his tiny little weiner while he sat back and did nothing.

JulieCitySlicker 02-09-2004 11:30 PM

;MFAO!!!
You got that right :D

DangerousDan85 02-10-2004 12:16 AM

George Washington, that guy was a douche-bag, plus he had wooden teeth, that's just sick

RMadd 02-10-2004 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDan85
George Washington, that guy was a douche-bag, plus he had wooden teeth, that's just sick

:hammerlol :hammerlol :hammerlol :hammerlol :hammerlol :hammerlol :hammerlol

CreedH8er 02-10-2004 12:22 AM

Hey DangerousDan, what's wrong w/ wool teeth. That's all momma n daddy could afford.

Higher_Desire 02-10-2004 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreedH8er
Hey DangerousDan, what's wrong w/ wool teeth. That's all momma n daddy could afford.

:laugh: Not WOOL! Wood. :D They were very high quality. Even though they weren't really wood. They were actually like synthetic ivory or something. I read that in a book about George Washington some time ago.

H-D :moon2:

Mulletman 02-10-2004 01:49 PM

Liberals are pussies when it comes to foriegn affairs... BUT Clinton had every single right to go into Kosovo. My father served in Kosovo during the height of the Milosavich ordeal. "It's not our war"... that has got to be the stupidest thing that anyone could ever say. If its really not our war, then who's is it?

DangerousDan85 02-10-2004 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
:laugh: Not WOOL! Wood. :D They were very high quality. Even though they weren't really wood. They were actually like synthetic ivory or something. I read that in a book about George Washington some time ago.

H-D :moon2:

it's funnier to picture him smiling with chunks of wood for teeth

RMadd 02-10-2004 06:05 PM

CreedH8er told me it was a quote from some movie when they say "wool teeth"... can't remember what movie, tho.