CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   need help with some strange Torn lyrics (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6301)

aussiecreeder 04-13-2004 09:50 AM

need help with some strange Torn lyrics

there is a file over at www.tremonti.net under the mark audio section of an intro to Torn with Scott singing some fairly biazarre yet hard to make out lyrics. Does anybody know what he is saying? thanks in advance.......

GeeK_2004 04-13-2004 10:25 AM

I :dunno::dunno::dunno:

RMadd 04-13-2004 12:50 PM

it sounds like the first thing he says is "I saw a river ____"... then the rest is fairly unclear

aussiecreeder 04-13-2004 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
it sounds like the first thing he says is "I saw a river ____"... then the rest is fairly unclear

sounds like something about finding home a little later on but its so hard to make out...if it i saw a river maybe it was the beginning of the evolution of faceless man? michael helllppp uuss!

RMadd 04-13-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
if it i saw a river maybe it was the beginning of the evolution of faceless man?

i was thinking the same thing! great minds think alike, i suppose

Dark_Knight 04-13-2004 08:15 PM

I don't think hes saying I saw a river, but I know he's saying "I saw" in the beginning. I've been listening to it a lot and I think he's saying "I saw it all" then after that its "To" something. Then after that I think he says something like "There" or "There wrong". But "there wrong" wouldn't make sense I dont' think. Anyways thats my opinion. Maybe someone can mess around with the audio and figure it out!

aussiecreeder 04-13-2004 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
i was thinking the same thing! great minds think alike, i suppose

hehe yeah right on! its nearly impossible to make out, someone HELP us! :confused:

Jez 04-14-2004 01:08 AM

"I found it hard....to be.....(unintelligable word)"

I've listened to this intro from many old boots so many times that I take it for granted.
I was just listening to another old one (Torn) and he was singing, "I found it hard....to feed my soul....to feed my soul"
And on another it was, "I found a reason...to feed my soul"

Hope this helps :)

aussiecreeder 04-14-2004 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jez
"I found it hard....to be.....(unintelligable word)"

I've listened to this intro from many old boots so many times that I take it for granted.
I was just listening to another old one (Torn) and he was singing, "I found it hard....to feed my soul....to feed my soul"
And on another it was, "I found a reason...to feed my soul"

Hope this helps :)

thanks Jez that does help a bit, that seem to fit with the song's lyrics of overcoming. I wish we could find out exactly what he is saying.

Steve 04-14-2004 01:01 PM

I just listened to a bunch of my old boots from 97/98 and some have a longer version of an intro to Torn and some are shorter. In general they all say

I found it hard...
to feed my...
to feed my...
soul.

(he drags on the word "my" and finishes the second time with "soul")

In a few of the intros from early 98 it sounds like he says a bit more but the audio isn't the best quality and it's hard to pick up what he's saying under the guitar sound.

edit>>

Ok, I've labeled each show and what it sounds like he's saying. Anything in brackets [ and ] are words that I can't quite make out.

12.14.1997 - "I've found no reason... I've found no [lies]"

12.06.1997 - "I found [it] one day"

01.18.1998 - "I found it [?? day]. Your time to find [it]"

01.20.1998 - "I found it [hard (then a bunch of other words)].

02.13.1998 - "I found it hard [down in] my soul. [Yeah...]"

02.25.1998 - "I found it hard, to feed my, to feed my soul"

03.05.1998 - "I found it hard, to feed my soul, to feed my soul"

03.27.1998 - "I found it hard, to feed my soul, to feed my soul"

The few other shows where he does an intro also say the above words. It seems like early on he was saying more, but then settled for "I found it hard to feed my soul, to feed my soul."

aussiecreeder 04-15-2004 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
I just listened to a bunch of my old boots from 97/98 and some have a longer version of an intro to Torn and some are shorter. In general they all say

I found it hard...
to feed my...
to feed my...
soul.

(he drags on the word "my" and finishes the second time with "soul")

In a few of the intros from early 98 it sounds like he says a bit more but the audio isn't the best quality and it's hard to pick up what he's saying under the guitar sound.

edit>>

Ok, I've labeled each show and what it sounds like he's saying. Anything in brackets [ and ] are words that I can't quite make out.

12.14.1997 - "I've found no reason... I've found no [lies]"

12.06.1997 - "I found [it] one day"

01.18.1998 - "I found it [?? day]. Your time to find [it]"

01.20.1998 - "I found it [hard (then a bunch of other words)].

02.13.1998 - "I found it hard [down in] my soul. [Yeah...]"

02.25.1998 - "I found it hard, to feed my, to feed my soul"

03.05.1998 - "I found it hard, to feed my soul, to feed my soul"

03.27.1998 - "I found it hard, to feed my soul, to feed my soul"

The few other shows where he does an intro also say the above words. It seems like early on he was saying more, but then settled for "I found it hard to feed my soul, to feed my soul."

thanks Steve you rock, I wasen't expecting so much detail! :D

Steve 04-15-2004 11:34 AM

Neither was I till I got interested in it heh :)

aussiecreeder 04-15-2004 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Neither was I till I got interested in it heh :)

sweet we both learnt something then! :)

Redeemer 09-14-2004 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
Then after that I think he says something like "There" or "There wrong". But "there wrong" wouldn't make sense I dont' think.

It could be "They're wrong" instead...possibly...