CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Brett Hestla (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10105)

geletmote 12-04-2005 11:27 AM

Brett Hestla

I was jsut wondering wats good old Brett Hestla doing these days, u know the fill in bass player for creed, any1 know??

titan9 12-04-2005 11:32 AM

He's the lead singer for rock band Dark New Day. Their debut album, "Twelve Year Silence" came out earlier this year. It's pretty good; I recommend checking it out. I believe you can listen to streams of their music at www.darknewday.com.

RoffeDH 12-04-2005 11:44 AM

"good old Brett Hestla"... What?

The Lithium 12-04-2005 01:15 PM

I am actually listening to Dark New Day right now! They rock! :D

Roffe, Brett Hestla replaced Brian on bass for Creed's tours.

RoffeDH 12-04-2005 02:18 PM

Yes... I know... It's not that... I'm just saying, it sounded as if he ment that Brett always were there! That he wasn't just a replacement!

GregS 12-04-2005 03:15 PM

Brett rocks.. Dark New Day is a band you really gotta to check out.

The Lithium 12-04-2005 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoffeDH
Yes... I know... It's not that... I'm just saying, it sounded as if he ment that Brett always were there! That he wasn't just a replacement!

Yeah, one hell of a replacement! Towards the end of Creed, he was almost an official member! Brett ROCKS!!! (Although I am glad to have Brian back in AB. I wonder what AB would be like with Brett on the bass).

evyllsummer 12-04-2005 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Yeah, one hell of a replacement! Towards the end of Creed, he was almost an official member! Brett ROCKS!!! (Although I am glad to have Brian back in AB. I wonder what AB would be like with Brett on the bass).

well, as I posted in the Dark New Day thread, if he had stayed around, Brett would have been the LEAD SINGER...Mark called him first, but, at that time, Brett was wanting to concentrate on producing...

geletmote 12-05-2005 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evyllsummer
well, as I posted in the Dark New Day thread, if he had stayed around, Brett would have been the LEAD SINGER...Mark called him first, but, at that time, Brett was wanting to concentrate on producing...

that would have been interesting, i dont remember his voice been all that pretty lol when he sang a few things with stap at SALT LAKE CITY show 02.. Name me a good song of his atm.

evyllsummer 12-05-2005 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geletmote
that would have been interesting, i dont remember his voice been all that pretty lol when he sang a few things with stap at SALT LAKE CITY show 02.. Name me a good song of his atm.

um, well, any of the Virgos albums, the Devine album, or his new band Dark New Day's album...truth is, he's the best singer that Creed ever had...too bad he wasn't singing for them...

RoffeDH 12-05-2005 06:09 AM

Did Mark actually call him up? I never liked that guy actually, he's probobly a good singer and a nice falla but I think I missed Brian too much!

bobben 12-05-2005 06:59 AM

Waoh! Corey and Clint Lowery from good-old Sevendust are members of Dark New Day together with Brett! :eek: Well, this has to be good!

evyllsummer 12-05-2005 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoffeDH
Did Mark actually call him up? I never liked that guy actually, he's probobly a good singer and a nice falla but I think I missed Brian too much!

yes, Mark called him after "Stapp lost his mind"...

Quote:

Waoh! Corey and Clint Lowery from good-old Sevendust are members of Dark New Day together with Brett! Well, this has to be good!

Yup...when Brett was actually talking to his wife about the prospect of singing again, he told her that it would have to be the Still Rain guys (a band that came on the scene in 1993, which featured Clint on guitar, Troy on guitar, and Corey on bass...also featured a singer that sounded a LOT like Stapp sounds at times, but a full four years before MOP) with Will Hunt on drums...Dark New Day is one of the tightest live bands I've ever seen, and Will is one of the best live drummers I've ever seen...right up there with Mike Portnoy and Neal Peart...

geletmote 12-05-2005 08:20 AM

Quote:

um, well, any of the Virgos albums, the Devine album, or his new band Dark New Day's album...truth is, he's the best singer that Creed ever had...too bad he wasn't singing for them...

no way stapp does it for me

The Lithium 12-05-2005 11:34 AM

Quote:

Yeah problably, you and me wouldn't know of each other! :D