CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Random Thoughts (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=2148)

Dogstar 12-17-2012 03:02 PM

Re: Random Thoughts

Sweet. It sounds as if you are making great progress.

VJ Raven 12-20-2012 07:01 PM

Thanks! P said it's a "page turner" and she's starting the second half this evening if she can. She got the last 26 chapters of it last night into this morning and I'd like to see her finish reading it by the time the new year rolls in.

I'm going to start researching agents and publishers again to make sure no one's submissions guidelines have changed in the last month or so. The one place I was looking at last year HAVE changed theirs and believe it or not, their guidelines fit my style of writing a lot more than they did last year this time. :D

I've had butterflies in my stomach since I sent the last chapter off to my mentor this afternoon... That means the instant she's done reading it and I've corrected any errors she's seen/picked up, NR will be in draft 3/final proofing mode, and after I'm done the final formatting, etc, I'll let it "perk" for a few days or a couple of weeks so I can see any remaining typos, etc a lot easier.

I'm just glad I have a ton of dreamcatcher kits, three Nora Roberts novels and Sinner's Creed waiting for me to read and do while NR is being looked over by publishers, and agents, so I don't feel like a squirrel on speed..... :thud:

VJ Raven 01-02-2013 09:34 AM

Well, my mentor has finished reading my manuscript and I've corrected any typos and anything else she's found. She also made a suggestion to make one of the climaxes near the end more plausible and I've done that.

Another friend of mine out in Washington State offered to be my second editor for it and I've sent it off to her... So after she's done with her editing (I'm expecting to make several grammatical and other revisions! LOL) my manuscript will go into its final draft mode and I'll start getting things like the cover letters and synopses ready for publishers and agents.

I've already finished the formatting. It's now set up in Draft 3 with the basic requirements for agents and publisher submissions. Double spaced, etc.

My husband's aunt suggested that I look into the local publishing houses around Nova Scotia and I have done that... One does look very promising. They're a smaller publishing house but focus on Canadian authors and stories set in Canada. Since my book fully takes place within Canada, mostly in Nova Scotia, they're on my list. I'm not saying just who all will be getting the manuscript for consideration, I'm scared I'll jinx myself if I do so... LOL :D

I'll let y'all know if I get an acceptance. I won't be able to keep the big yap shut if a publishing house accepts me! :D

Happy new year everyone. :D

Dogstar 01-02-2013 10:46 AM

Oh, wow, very cool. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

VJ Raven 01-04-2013 07:37 AM

Thanks Dogstar! :D

VJ Raven 01-19-2013 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The writing batteries needed a recharge so I started fiddling around in photography. I'm not good but meh, it's something creative to do! I'm also getting into NR's sequel and the ideas for that are flying fast and furious... Thanks to some brainstorming with my mentor. :D I'm hoping to get sucked into that story like I did with NR, but I hope it doesn't take so long... It took me over a year to really get into NR but if things keep going like this, I should be deep into writing "Untitled 8" sometime soon. I hope so at least. I'll keep y'all posted. :D

ETA: Here's one of the pictures I did, it's the cover picture on my old/pink rose FB profile....

VJ Raven 02-04-2013 07:20 PM

The new story is coming along, slowly but surely. I think. I HOPE! LOL I'm halfway through chapter 3 right now and it's going by fits and starts right now.

And I did miss a few things in the finished manuscript. My friend is catching everything my mentor and I missed on the first few passes so far, and I've been looking for typos once in a while and I did catch a couple here and there the other day. Progress is slow but steady, that's the main thing. I'm hoping to have the final draft ready by the first day of spring, and all cover letters/synopses done by then too. No squirrel on speed feeling yet but that's on the way! LOL :D

bilal 04-01-2013 09:26 AM

Wow. Glad to see this place is still up and running.

bilal 04-01-2013 10:12 AM

Today is first of April, the famouse April Fool's Day.

May be it's just me, but have people stopped pranking on April Fool's day? Because I don't see much action no more.

VJ Raven 04-24-2013 05:17 AM

Hi everyone! It's been crazy here, between writing and everything else. I'm still alive, just very busy! :D

VJ Raven 09-13-2013 01:25 PM

My computer died, I had to get a new one. :( I'm grateful I have backups of EVERYTHING on memory sticks and an external hard drive... Now I'm learning how to use Windows 8. Fun stuff. NOT!!!

Dogstar 10-14-2013 05:25 PM

Blech, I want nothing to do with Windows 8. I hope it's working OK for you.

VJ Raven 10-21-2013 05:49 AM

Thanks, Dogstar. So far, so good even if it took me a while to get used to it. It's designed with tablets in mind so I've had to take that into account while using it on a desktop system. I really didn't want it either but I couldn't get Windows 7 without paying a lot extra for it, and we could barely afford the new computer as it is. Thankfully my old version of MS Office works on it, even though the software is over 10 years old! LOL

By the way, I'm within a couple of chapters of finishing my second book... Less than a year after I got the idea for it, and taking a couple of months off for summer vacation and to recharge the writing batteries. Wow.