CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dust For Life Is Back Details On The New Cd! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4839)

creednet-x 11-06-2003 09:00 PM

New album is called "Degrees of Black"
For more information go here: http://www.dustforlifemusic.com/

Dogstar 11-06-2003 09:28 PM

HOLY SH*T!!!! This is great news! Thanks, creednet-x...Their site had been down for a while! I'm so psyched. I LOVE this band! My check is soooo in the mail!!!

RMadd 11-07-2003 01:38 AM

Got "Step Into the Light" a few years back when it was available along w/ the "TWIMC" MP3 download on Creed's website (those 2 and "First Time" by F11). Good song, but never bought the CD. I'll have to look into them again. I've sorta been wondering lately what happened to 'em.

Dogstar 11-07-2003 01:42 AM

They had been in some sort of legal dispute with Wind-Up that had to do with support. Supposedly, the band publicly criticized the label and things got worse from there. I'm wondering how they got out of it and whom they're with now. "Step Into the Light," which is a good tune, isn't even the best song on that CD, IMO. I'm just so happy they're back in business!

orlando 11-07-2003 01:43 AM

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THEM, BUT I LOVE THEM ANYWAY, I LOVE EVERYTHING

Said Eyes 11-07-2003 02:32 AM

Well I just came.

Been waiting forever for new stuff, as the demos from ages ago are awesome tunes. Its great music and they're not afraid to solo, whats not to like?

Dogstar 11-07-2003 04:17 AM

This is so great! I'm ordering the CD ASAP! Man, I hope this means a tour of some sort. I would love to catch them live. They are talented musicians.

Steve 11-07-2003 11:28 AM

Regarding their past - I believe the dispute was regarding the label supporting and spending money on the band (as was mentioned). The band dropped their management and booking teams and then sat limbo with Wind-up doing nothing. This is when they came out and criticized the label on their own messageboard (I think that's what happened - or maybe it was that they opened their own website and did it it there). Anyways, they eventually had meetings with Wind-up and the label agreed to drop the band and release all of their rights over the band's music.

By the looks of things, I'm assuming they are independant right now. Looks like the CD is just being put out by themselves.

Dogstar 11-07-2003 01:38 PM

Yeah, Steve, I went on their site and in the BIO (they have a new lineup. Two old members out, two new ones in) it mentioned a little about the dispute. They said *untouchable* publishing money was spent by *parties involved*. Then they dropped JHMP and the other teams you mentioned, got public about it, and that's when they went in limbo. It does appear that they are putting this out themselves, as they mentioned they will sell the CD at shows and through the web site. The site is pretty cool, by the way. I signed up for their mailing list and for the message board. They are giving away an autographed CD at some point, but you have to join the board to have a chance :D.

Dogstar 11-20-2003 07:46 PM

I won the autographed CD!!! Woooo-hoooo, plus a nice new pic of the band :) :dancing:...I already got the new EP anyway because I couldn't wait. This is definitely a continuation of their self-titled. There are a couple of lighter songs on this one, though, which I have to say are quite good. Chris sounds great and the guitar playing is pretty awesome. Couple of really nice solos. It includes versions of some demos they had on their old web site as well, Nightbreed (killer song) and Antenora. Highly recommend this one! You can order it from their web site!

JulieCitySlicker 11-21-2003 12:03 AM

I've never heard of them, I'll have to check em out ;)

Dogstar 11-21-2003 01:06 AM

They're a really good rockin' band, Julie! They have some songs for downloading on the site...Great guitars and a kick-ass lead singer. They sort of have an AIC, STP influenced sound. I dig them tons.

JulieCitySlicker 11-21-2003 11:15 PM

Cool Dogstar :D

Said Eyes 11-24-2003 03:04 AM

Oh man, my copy of Degrees of Black arrived today (much props to Dogstar) and it's awesome. Great solos, Chris' voice sounds great too. A little short at just over 33 minutes, but what's there is fantastic.

Dogstar 11-24-2003 03:25 AM

AGREED!!! Isn't AWESOME??? I've been listening to it at least once a day, sometimes twice in a row, LOL! I'm really looking forward to them putting out some more stuff. It's just so great to have them back!