CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   NEW BAND NAME -- Alter Bridge (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6405)

titanguy9 04-23-2004 10:14 PM

yes it really happening. wheres micheal to confirm all this, i would feel better if micheal confirmed it.

I think we should all get signed cds of the project because were supporting him ont his board so much. LOL

Wylde-Tremonti 04-23-2004 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echelon122
New Band Name announced here

Posted by Flip's mother at FlipOnline's BB.

Personally for me, it'll take a bit of getting used to...but I like it.

OK... id didn't read most of this thread... but am i the only one who thinks this name SUCKS? I was expecting something better... :( oh well!
I guess i'll have to get used to it...

Bridge of Clay 04-23-2004 11:31 PM

Finally I got time to post here! ah, it feels good!

My first thought was Nickelback's cover. I was expecting a different name too, a one word name. (Don't ask me why. I think I got used to Creed, Evanescence, Submersed combo)

But if you think, it has plenty of meanings:

Alter Bridge, separated in two:

Alter: to change, develop, become different, improve, modify
Bridge: a connection, a path that links 2 different sides

So, are the guys implying that they are changing (their sound, their band) a while in order to experience new levels of music and personal reasons but that they are still connected with Creed? If there's a bridge, they can get back to the other side anytime they want.

I think it's pretty cool. I'm dying to listen their stuff!

WeatheredWoman 04-23-2004 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
So, are the guys implying that they are changing (their sound, their band) a while in order to experience new levels of music and personal reasons but that they are still connected with Creed? If there's a bridge, they can get back to the other side anytime they want.

That was my thought behind the ABC-thing:

The Altered Bridge to Creed... kinda improved Creed?

titanguy9 04-24-2004 12:35 AM

HOW BOUT THEM SIGNED CDS, but you guys really got some material for the name, cant wait to hear them.

hayley 04-24-2004 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB
OK... id didn't read most of this thread... but am i the only one who thinks this name SUCKS? I was expecting something better... :( oh well!

That suprises me, I thought you would like it, it has a nice meaning.
And it will grow on you, like it has with all of us, at first I wasn't too sure and thoguht that it sounded a little stupid, but then I kept on saying it over and over and got to like it alot, it's cool.

Quote:

But if you think, it has plenty of meanings:

Yep, that's how I think of the name, that's why I keep on saying it has alot of meaning.

Shadow 04-24-2004 08:09 AM

Quote:

Very good way of looking at this. I like your point about the bridge and getting back to the other side. (It's what I eventually hope they will do).

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
And it will grow on you, like it has with all of us, at first I wasn't too sure and thoguht that it sounded a little stupid, but then I kept on saying it over and over and got to like it alot, it's cool.

I think once we hear the music, it will just gel all together. I like the name, it's different. But I think the music will just be the icing on the cake. Right now we can't associate Alter Bridge to anything sound wise. We're still all thinking it's the new band or Mark's project.

benkenobi 04-24-2004 01:33 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I think its just getting used to something new. The name will definately sound better when we hear some stuff by them!!! :D

Higher_Desire 04-24-2004 02:44 PM

Quote:

I said I thought it kinda sucked. I really thought they could have come up with something cooler.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
That was my thought behind the ABC-thing:

The Altered Bridge to Creed... kinda improved Creed?

Hmmmmm... Combinend with Marcos' post about seperate meanings of the words, that's a very interesting idea. :rolleyes: Kind of thought provoking. But, I don't think they were really thinking of that when they were coming up with a name. But, ya never know.

H-D :suave:

hayley 04-24-2004 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
I think once we hear the music, it will just gel all together. I like the name, it's different. But I think the music will just be the icing on the cake. Right now we can't associate Alter Bridge to anything sound wise. We're still all thinking it's the new band or Mark's project.

I agree. And yes, that's why I really like the name too, because it's different, it stands out.