CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   NEW BAND NAME -- Alter Bridge (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6405)

benkenobi 04-23-2004 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
When I think of album art, which I also did last night after reading the name, I immediately though of Nickelback's "The Long Road" album cover... take a look...

I was thinking of that also! "The Long Road" looks like "The Long Bridge" on the cover.

Higher_Desire 04-23-2004 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
Alter Bridge is better than most band names out there. Audioslave isn't that original of a name. Linkin Park sounds retarded. Hoobastank, huh? Alter Bridge is as original as Submersed. :D

It's funny that they decided to change their name and to lowercase the letter D in their name. They probably didn't want to be labeled in the nu-metal category. SubmurseD sounds and looks nu-metalish to me. :D

Linkin Park is actually a name of a park where they use to hang out. Marcy Playground is also a real place that a band named themselves after (remember that 'ol song Sex and Candy?)

E-- Thanks for sharing that stuff about what the bridge does, or the significance of it. I felt like a total idiot when I read Tremonticized1's post that said Mark grew up in that area. I totally forgot he lived there for some reason.

I hope their cover isn't like The Long Road. It was semi-unoriginal. I think Dan could do a better job than something like that.

H-D :bee:

Echelon122 04-23-2004 12:06 PM

When Shelly posted that It was **slaps forehead** Durhhh he grew UP there LOL.

I kept saying it this morning...it's definatly growing on me! :bounce:

The Lithium 04-23-2004 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
That VH1 release date isn't accurate. CDs are released on Tuesdays in the states and that is not a Tuesday.

Well, well, we'll see 'bout that.

Echelon122 04-23-2004 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM
Well, well, we'll see 'bout that.

LMAO!!!!

RMadd 04-23-2004 01:44 PM

sounds like a cool name to me

The Lithium 04-23-2004 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkenobi
I was thinking of that also! "The Long Road" looks like "The Long Bridge" on the cover.

When I hear the name I think of the long bridge in San Fransisco.

Creed_Defaultgirl 04-23-2004 02:24 PM

Hmm.....at first I thought it was kinda odd, but now that I read the 'biography' of it, it makes more sense to me. I can't wait until they release a song off of it. I wonder what they'll call the album.

The Lithium 04-23-2004 02:32 PM

Micheal told us to expect the album in early Augusti. He also told us that the frist single may be released sometime in June.

Shadow 04-23-2004 06:27 PM

Cool, I like it. I like the meaning behind it.

hayley 04-23-2004 07:28 PM

Yep, it sure is growing on me too

As for the cover art, well anything to do with Three Mountians (not literally, I'm talking about the art designer) will be awesome because I just LOVE all the art on Creeds albums. I'm hoping they will stay with Three Mountians, even though Daniel Tremonti did it, with Creed, hopefully he will do it with Alter Bridge

WeatheredWoman 04-23-2004 08:19 PM

Hmmm... Alter Bridge

I'm honest: I have to get used to it.
When I first saw the name my mind twisted it into AlteredBridge... although I'm not aware of what that exactly means. I have to do a search on the word "altered"...

I also thought of ABC... hahaha.. Alter Bridge Creed...

Trees of Wisdom 04-23-2004 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM
Actually they were frist named Submerged, but when they god signed Wind-up changed it.

I wasn't talking about when they weren't signed with Wind-Up. They were called SubmurseD which looks nu-metalish to me.

Sheila63 04-23-2004 08:30 PM

Thanks for all of the info about the name and it's origin everybody. :D

I have to get used to it too, but I like it.

RMadd 04-23-2004 09:37 PM

Steve, howsabout Alter Bridge Gang