CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The interviews of AB and Stapp (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9759)

Creed7352 10-16-2005 03:46 PM

stapp said that in an interview, that the lyrics on weathered were about his thoughts and feelings on the band...it doesn't actually say, "this is the last record i'm making with this band."

geletmote 10-16-2005 05:46 PM

LOL much better creed7352, be a little more precise next time Lithium...

PrtytilImPurple 10-16-2005 10:10 PM

I listened to the interview too, and no one actually heard Stapp say "Mark is an fucking asshole" either. The DJ said it...and Stapp replied..."did I say that?

Mark Tremonti's been calling Scott Stapp an asshole for more than a year now.

The Lithium 10-17-2005 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geletmote
LOL much better creed7352, be a little more precise next time Lithium...

He did say: "It says in the lyrics on Wheatered that this is the last album that I'm making with the guys" in the interview I was talking aobut.

So I was very precise!

ctfan 10-17-2005 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
He did say: "It says in the lyrics on Wheatered that this is the last album that I'm making with the guys" in the interview I was talking aobut.

So I was very precise!

No you weren't Lithium. If you must, go back and reread all the lyrics to every song on the Weathered cd, and you won't find them. Stapp was telling a story through the lyrics on Weathered, like someone else said, his thoughts and feelings at the time the songs were written. That's what Stapp meant man and you know it.

If Stapp's interviews are going to upset you this much, just don't listen to them anymore. Making a point is making a point, but you are stretching some of these things way too far.

ctfan 10-17-2005 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple
I listened to the interview too, and no one actually heard Stapp say "Mark is an fucking asshole" either. The DJ said it...and Stapp replied..."did I say that?

Mark Tremonti's been calling Scott Stapp an asshole for more than a year now.

Right. :)

geletmote 10-18-2005 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfan
No you weren't Lithium. If you must, go back and reread all the lyrics to every song on the Weathered cd, and you won't find them. Stapp was telling a story through the lyrics on Weathered, like someone else said, his thoughts and feelings at the time the songs were written. That's what Stapp meant man and you know it.

If Stapp's interviews are going to upset you this much, just don't listen to them anymore. Making a point is making a point, but you are stretching some of these things way too far.

I agree with you ctfan, lithium i dont know if your a creed fan or not but havtn u heard the weathered songs, it sais nothing like that in the lyrics, your just trying to play mind games I think..

Mrprophetman 10-18-2005 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geletmote
Hey Lithium were does it say in the lyrics on Weathered that this is the last album that I'm making with these guys" ???

Yeah. I listened to the entire CD and I didn't find a song on there that said anything about "I hate these fucking assholes and I'm never gonna work with them again.

Mrprophetman 10-18-2005 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
He did say: "It says in the lyrics on Wheatered that this is the last album that I'm making with the guys" in the interview I was talking aobut. So I was very precise!

He said "listen to the lyrics on Weathered". Then I don't know what interview you were listening to. Don't worry little guy. They will find another record label and put out another CD, and you can to just as gaga over it as you want to. You're taking what you hear and making if fit what you want to think. You are starting to get a little scary. But that's just my opinion

RMadd 10-19-2005 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
so what was your point?

i think his point was just another attempt to further villify Stapp

eusebioCBR 10-19-2005 01:05 AM

There's no need to justify loathing Scott Stapp. It's just fun! :laugh:

Bridge of Clay 10-19-2005 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
Stapp hasn't changed his story regarding the medication and steroids he was taking because of the pressures to continue the Weathered Tour.

no.

He said he was taking one for the team, he said he was forced to take them, he said had only two shots of whisky although he was smelling alcohol really bad...

The Lithium 10-19-2005 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfan

For God sake, I don't care what the man meant, for crying out loud! I quoted him as an example! I haven't said it says anywhere in lyrics on Weathered that Creed is breaking up, HE SAID IT!!! And I'm not upset with his interviews, I'm upset with you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrprophetman
He said "listen to the lyrics on Weathered". Then I don't know what interview you were listening to. Don't worry little guy. They will find another record label and put out another CD, and you can to just as gaga over it as you want to. You're taking what you hear and making if fit what you want to think. You are starting to get a little scary. But that's just my opinion

Little man? And you're the one to talk with your 16 posts? Are you trying to inslut me because I believe what AB tells us about Stapp? Doesn't mean I don't still like his music, which I do. And it seems like you wanna get into some "Name-calling-fight", and I'm not gonna do that with you. I'm more mature than that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
no.

He said he was taking one for the team, he said he was forced to take them, he said had only two shots of whisky although he was smelling alcohol really bad...

This man has always good points!... (Mostly because pretty often their close to my points :D)

Mrprophetman 10-19-2005 10:12 PM

[quote=The Lithium]Little man? And you're the one to talk with your 16 posts? Are you trying to inslut me because I believe what AB tells us about Stapp? Doesn't mean I don't still like his music, which I do. And it seems like you wanna get into some "Name-calling-fight", and I'm not gonna do that with you. I'm more mature than that.QUOTE]

You say you like his music, but go on and on about his personal life. You don't always act that mature. But then that is just my opinion.

I meant what I said. I'm sure that Alter Bridge will find a new record label and will make another album, and that I'm sure all Alter Bridge fans will swoon over it. It may even sell better than their last one if Kennedy has some input in the lyrics.

Oh and FYI...in the United States you sell 500,000 records to get a Gold Record. Something that Alter Bridge technically hasn't done. 1,000,000 gets you a Platinum Record, for every million its a multiplatinum record. And I think that once it goes over 10 million it achieves Diamond status...just like Human Clay.

The Lithium 10-24-2005 04:28 AM

Quote:

You say you like his music, but go on and on about his personal life. You don't always act that mature. But then that is just my opinion.

I don't care for his personal life. But I think the guy can be a jerk, from time to time. What I do not like about him is him lying about stuff in interviews. I'm not gonna quote him again and you don't have to believe it... But I do!

Quote:

I meant what I said. I'm sure that Alter Bridge will find a new record label and will make another album, and that I'm sure all Alter Bridge fans will swoon over it. It may even sell better than their last one if Kennedy has some input in the lyrics.

Well, I agree with the fact that the next album will sell more than ODR. I think Myles will have more input and I wish they could move on to a better label. But I don't think they're gonna leave Wind-Up.

Quote:

Oh and FYI...in the United States you sell 500,000 records to get a Gold Record. Something that Alter Bridge technically hasn't done. 1,000,000 gets you a Platinum Record, for every million its a multiplatinum record. And I think that once it goes over 10 million it achieves Diamond status...just like Human Clay.

Well, then you and I haven't heard the same information. But if AB technically hasn't done it, it's gotta be something to what I said. And still... The number of people downloading ODR is way higher than the people buying it. They're more known than what the album sells tells us. At least here in Sweden, very many know of them!