CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Its a weird thing..... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9757)

UK_Bridge 10-14-2005 09:57 AM

Its a weird thing.....

basically as i have said on this site before i am a big fan of AB,Creed and scott stapp..... i feel really dissapointed in scott sometimes though when he says stuff like he did on that radio interview but then i stick on The Great Divide and i just get shivers down my spine and forget all about what hes done.... for me its such a rollercoaster ride being a fan of Scott.

there you go thoughts now off my chest!

titan9 10-14-2005 11:34 AM

I feel the exact same way. I am very angry with how Stapp has acted in recent interviews, but when I listen to his music, whether it's the stuff he did with Creed, or his solo stuff, I realize that I am still a fan of the work he does as a musician.

jmhonline 10-14-2005 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_Bridge
basically as i have said on this site before i am a big fan of AB,Creed and scott stapp..... i feel really dissapointed in scott sometimes though when he says stuff like he did on that radio interview but then i stick on The Great Divide and i just get shivers down my spine and forget all about what hes done.... for me its such a rollercoaster ride being a fan of Scott.

there you go thoughts now off my chest!

I just think about all stuff AB says, and the feeling goes away and realize scott is just human.

Dogstar 10-14-2005 05:01 PM

Worship the music, not the musician :D.

Chase 10-14-2005 05:07 PM

Exactly... I look at Tremonti's comments and Stapp's comments over the span of one year. Then I realize that Stapp is starting to react to Tremonti's game.

titan9 10-14-2005 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar

Exactly how I feel. I could care less about what Stapp does/says, so long as he continues to make music that I enjoy. Same thing goes for AB and every other artist/band I like listening to.

jmhonline 10-14-2005 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar

Words to live by! If you went by the lead singer's antics, think about how many cds and favorite bands would have to be thrown out! If the lead singer is squeaky clean, the band probably isn't that good. :D

The Lithium 10-15-2005 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_Bridge
for me its such a rollercoaster ride being a fan of Scott.

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
I feel the exact same way.

Yeah, I agree with you guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
I look at Tremonti's comments and Stapp's comments over the span of one year. Then I realize that Stapp is starting to react to Tremonti's game.

Oh please, gimme a break! You can never proove this! I want to hand me an interview, in text, in videos, in audio, whatever! If you find an interview where Tremonti have said ONE bashing comment, like Stapp does about Mark all the time now,(such as: "Fucking asshole", "So-called friend" or "I was Creed"). Don't just quote him, at least say in what interview he said it, and I might find it. But I won't believe this until I see it for myself! Mark Thomas Tremonti have never ever said a bashing comment about Scott Alan Stapp. (Birthname: Anthony Scott Flippen).

Chase 10-15-2005 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Yeah, I agree with you guys!

Oh please, gimme a break! You can never proove this! I want to hand me an interview, in text, in videos, in audio, whatever! If you find an interview where Tremonti have said ONE bashing comment, like Stapp does about Mark all the time now,(such as: "Fucking asshole", "So-called friend" or "I was Creed"). Don't just quote him, at least say in what interview he said it, and I might find it. But I won't believe this until I see it for myself! Mark Thomas Tremonti have never ever said a bashing comment about Scott Alan Stapp. (Birthname: Anthony Scott Flippen).

Tremonti has never bashed Stapp? C'mon... it's fine to look up to certain people and view them as role models. However, following them blindly is not a good idea. You know that Tremonti has been constantly bashing Stapp. Just because you intensely despise Stapp does not mean that you can't recognize the fact that Tremonti is human, has made mistakes, and has been bashing his former bandmate.

http://www.alterbridgeband.net/media...GuitarOne.html

That whole interview is dedicated to why Alter Bridge hates Stapp as opposed to their music. Brian Marshall is actually the worst with such lines as "Scott Stapp is a pathological liar." I just find it ironic that you're so adamantly against the hardcore Stapp supporters... but in reality you act the same way about Tremonti and Alter Bridge.

The Lithium 10-15-2005 06:08 AM

I've read that interview before, I can't recall Mark bashing Stapp about anything! Please quote, (from that interview).

I don't follow Mark or AB blindly as you seem to think, but I do see through Stapp's lies and crap, which you don't!

jmhonline 10-15-2005 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
Tremonti has never bashed Stapp? C'mon... it's fine to look up to certain people and view them as role models. However, following them blindly is not a good idea. You know that Tremonti has been constantly bashing Stapp. Just because you intensely despise Stapp does not mean that you can't recognize the fact that Tremonti is human, has made mistakes, and has been bashing his former bandmate.

http://www.alterbridgeband.net/media...GuitarOne.html

That whole interview is dedicated to why Alter Bridge hates Stapp as opposed to their music. Brian Marshall is actually the worst with such lines as "Scott Stapp is a pathological liar." I just find it ironic that you're so adamantly against the hardcore Stapp supporters... but in reality you act the same way about Tremonti and Alter Bridge.

C'mon! That is not bashing. Bashing is to engage in harsh, accusatory, threatening criticism. What in that article seems harsh or accusatory? We all need to stop living by the dictionary and instead live in denial. ;)

The Lithium 10-16-2005 06:22 AM

Exactly, it isn't bashing! And Mark is absolutely NOT bashing Stapp!

jmhonline 10-16-2005 10:26 AM

Notice the wink smiley. I wasn't serious. Only someone in denial thinks mark/ab isn't bashing stapp.

The Lithium 10-16-2005 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmhonline
Notice the wink smiley. I wasn't serious. Only someone in denial thinks mark/ab isn't bashing stapp.

Hey, I'm not saying they're telling positiv stuff about him. But bashing is what Stapp did to Mark. Calling Mark "A fucking asshole". Mark has never ever bashed Stapp in that way! You can search for 1000 years, you'll never find one bashing comment from Mark about Stapp.

Dogstar 10-16-2005 01:39 PM

Lith, AB might have not used as nasty a batch of words as Stapp did to bash them, but you can't say they didn't bash Scott. It was pretty clear through everything they said in countless interviews that they were pissed off at him. As I've said before, the truth most likely lies somewhere in the middle.