CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone heard rain on the radio?? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12691)

Krisoz26 09-29-2009 12:28 AM

Anyone heard rain on the radio??

Rain doesn't seem as fast on the radio channels as Overcome was. I think it's too soon to have a 2nd single out. Thoughts???

nagpo 09-29-2009 06:27 AM

Re: Anyone heard rain on the radio??

nah...and i can understand why.

King Oropher 09-29-2009 06:36 AM

Quote:

nah...and i can understand why.

Why Nag?

Chris98GT 09-29-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Oropher
Why Nag?

Probably because it sucks.

creve 09-29-2009 06:49 AM

I do think it was too soon to have a second single out. This seems like Wind-up's signature all over again; try to get something out as quickly as possible, sell some copies, when in actual fact, if they decided to put a bit more into it, it could reap rewards.

King Oropher 09-29-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Probably because it sucks.

Lmao

creediscool17 09-29-2009 02:14 PM

it just got released as a single not even a week ago, give it time. if that song doesn't get played on pop radio every 2 hours than it's only because creed is sort of old news. pop radio tends to play the shit out of new bands that are just the flash in the pan and they tend to ignore bands that have been around for a long time. watch michael jacksons new single get played for a week than theyll shelve it for some hannah montana and jonas brothers.

nagpo 09-29-2009 03:52 PM

Overcome got played more than Rain. Creed doesn't fit in with the new music scene, imo. All you hear on the radio is american idol bs and disney bs. It's mostly what kids listen to. Adults hook their ipods up or listen to the news or classical music.

Creed has already had their time on the radio. It's okay with me that they don't sell 6 million records this time. I don't expect them to. I just want some good songs.

And when Rain gets digitally released, it should come with a b-side. Rain itself doesn't warrent a purchase of 1.99 at itunes.

Creed009 09-29-2009 06:31 PM

I don't think the song actually goes to the pop stations until October 6th. I remember reading that on a blog somewhere.

nthor 09-29-2009 07:00 PM

Hell I have not even heard Overcome on the radio let alone Rain

eusebioCBR 09-29-2009 08:28 PM

I'm only hearing their old stuff on the three different rock stations in my area. There's a new rock, hard rock and pop rock stations where I live that play Creed. There's no talk at all about the reunion.

Krisoz26 09-29-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creediscool17
it just got released as a single not even a week ago, give it time. if that song doesn't get played on pop radio every 2 hours than it's only because creed is sort of old news. pop radio tends to play the shit out of new bands that are just the flash in the pan and they tend to ignore bands that have been around for a long time. watch michael jacksons new single get played for a week than theyll shelve it for some hannah montana and jonas brothers.

Yeah Rain could easily be Daughtry or someone pop so the stations should play it

nagpo 09-29-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthor
Hell I have not even heard Overcome on the radio let alone Rain

really? when overcome was released i was able to find it on my local rock station.

TrulyAmazing 09-30-2009 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
really? when overcome was released i was able to find it on my local rock station.

i was,nt been so busy aint heared jack to be hontest thats why im looking so foward the album

Icedmofo 09-30-2009 10:49 AM

Creed still has a stigma attached to their name in the eyes of the rock world, it's going to take patience and people listening to Overcome and Thousand Faces before taht starts to go away.

I wouldn't hope for rain on pop radio. Like someone above said, it's all flavor of the month type stuff, creed is old hat in that world. Overcome is too heavy for many pop radios, and they aren't popular enough now for Rain to get priority over the other flash in the pan band's music.

It's not speaking to the songs quality, just the business ethic of the music industry right now. It's pop's world the way the early 90s was grunge's world, everything goes in phases.

It's the fans that support the bands, not the radio, buy an extra copy of the cd, go to a concert, make your friends listen, make your friend's friends listen. Bands don't make much money off of airplay and cd's, the money is in the touring.