CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Scott Stapp update!!! 02/20 (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8674)

Bridge of Clay 02-22-2005 12:41 PM

ditto to Robyn!!! :)

Ana4Stapp 02-22-2005 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Exactly! I've definitely missed hearing his voice singing new songs. Hopefully we get that new album sooner rather than later.

I MISS Stapp's voice too !!!!! :( I want Scott's songs AGAIN !!!!! :)

adparaiki 02-24-2005 07:15 AM

Hey this is my first post on here

Yeah I have missed scott and creed but alter bridge rocks too. Hopefully his album will come out soon so I can but 2 copies of it. one for home and college.
I love playing creed songs on guitar cause creed rules. I miss scott's voice though. I hope the problems he had before are gone away now.

Ana4Stapp 02-24-2005 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adparaiki
Hey this is my first post on here

Yeah I have missed scott and creed but alter bridge rocks too. Hopefully his album will come out soon so I can but 2 copies of it. one for home and college.
I love playing creed songs on guitar cause creed rules. I miss scott's voice though. I hope the problems he had before are gone away now.

Welcome to this board! I hope you enjoyed it. ;)

Agent D 02-25-2005 11:44 AM

I'm kind of disappointed that Gone Blind is helping him out. I hope the album doesn't have a punk-rock sound. And I hope someone gives those guys guitar lessons.

titan9 02-25-2005 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
I'm kind of disappointed that Gone Blind is helping him out. I hope the album doesn't have a punk-rock sound. And I hope someone gives those guys guitar lessons.

Well, I'm not counting on the music(that is, the instruments) being really good, but I am counting on the lyrics and vocals to be really good. And, I don't think the album will have a punk-rock sound, at least it really shouldn't. Stapp isn't cut out for that. He's cut out for Rock. I agree with you on the lessons. It just seemed like they couldn't always play the right notes during the Higher performance. They got some of it right, but were wayyyyyy off on other parts of the song.

uncertaindrumer 02-25-2005 04:08 PM

Quote:

I truly believe his solo album is going to rock and is going to prove all the doubters wrong. But even I was beginning to question if it would even come out. This update is exactly what those who were beginning to question(myself included) needed. Hopefully Wind-Up updates Stapp's site and keeps us updated on the recording process.

Wind-Up never updates anything... :rolleyes:

lol

uncertaindrumer 02-25-2005 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
I MISS Stapp's voice too !!!!! :)

You could always just listen to Pearl Jam...

LOL! jk... Please don't hate me for that one, it was just to easy...

titan9 02-25-2005 04:23 PM

Lol, that's true.(about Wind-Up) They've got awesome artists signed to their label, yet they don't promote them properly.

NeedforCreed 02-25-2005 05:10 PM

Where Have I Heard That?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) I MISS Stapp's voice too !!!!!

Seems like I might have heard that somewhere. All jokes aside, it would be interesting to hear Mark, Flip, and Brian jam with Eddie Vedder.

Agent D 02-25-2005 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedforCreed
All jokes aside, it would be interesting to hear Mark, Flip, and Brian jam with Eddie Vedder.

Haha but I wouldn't hold your breath.

uncertaindrumer 02-25-2005 10:54 PM

Quote:

Lol, that's true.(about Wind-Up) They've got awesome artists signed to their label, yet they don't promote them properly.

Yep, it is. They have Submersed, Alter Bridge and 12 Stones and no one knows anything about any of em... GRRR! They also have some not quite so decent bands (i.e. evenascence) who people DO know about... GRR.

Anyway, I actually don't think Stapp and Vedder sound exactly alike. Definitely similar (sometimes freakishly so) but not clones like so many Creed haters would have one believe.

Also, in a question that actually has some (gasp!) relevance to this thread, how exactly did Stapp write the solo album? Did he just write the lyrics? Cuz I mean, last I heard of, he couldn't play the guitar...

titan9 02-25-2005 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
Yep, it is. They have Submersed, Alter Bridge and 12 Stones and no one knows anything about any of em... GRRR! They also have some not quite so decent bands (i.e. evenascence) who people DO know about... GRR.

Anyway, I actually don't think Stapp and Vedder sound exactly alike. Definitely similar (sometimes freakishly so) but not clones like so many Creed haters would have one believe.

Also, in a question that actually has some (gasp!) relevance to this thread, how exactly did Stapp write the solo album? Did he just write the lyrics? Cuz I mean, last I heard of, he couldn't play the guitar...

I agree, there are similarities. But the same can be said for Eric Durrance(former lead singer of Big Dismal, another Wind-Up artist) who sounds alot like Stapp at times. But Durrance isn't a clone.

I agree with what you said about Submersed and 12 Stones. Those guys deserve more attention than what they are getting. And more promotion.

As for Stapp, I'd think he's doing the lyrics and Goneblind is doing the music. But, of course, I don't know for sure. I'd love to see some more information on this.

uncertaindrumer 02-26-2005 12:33 AM

^That's what I was wondering because I didn't think GoneBlind would be the kinda music he would write music to... then again I haven't heard them really...

Ana4Stapp 02-26-2005 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer

LOL! jk... Please don't hate me for that one, it was just to easy...

Again!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: And you said to me once you weren't bashing Scott, and I believed it.!!! :mad1:
It's funny, but I don't know why, I really don't hate U!!! No quite yet!!!!! :rolleyes: ;)