CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Hetfield suicide hoax (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6409)

aussiecreeder 04-23-2004 09:15 AM

Hetfield suicide hoax

Blabbermouth reports: Several news agencies have falsely reported a rumor that METALLICA frontman James Hetfield took his own life by swallowing a dozen sleeping pills. The rumor has manifested onto METALLICA message boards and across the world. These reports are FALSE. Here is a statement from Metallica.com concerning this issue:

"Contrary to what you may have read on message boards or heard from news agencies, James Hetfield is alive and doing extremely well. Thank you for everyone's concern."- Click Here for the Full Story

that is one nasty hoax, more so then the hoax about Scott having a bus accident a few years back even.

The Lithium 04-23-2004 09:44 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm a huge Metallica fan as well. I don't know what I would do if they broke up, or if James took his life! I'm going to see Metallica live with 55.000 other freaks 37 days from now. I had to stand in line 2 and a half hours to get those tickets, and that was back in december. I would feel SO bad if they broke up now, when it's only 37 days left! And I would feel SO bad if I knew that they broke up because James took his life!

aussiecreeder 04-23-2004 09:45 AM

also Metallica related;

SFgate.com reports: The revealing documentary "Metallica: Some Kind of Monster,'' a hit at the San Francisco International Film Festival, almost got scrapped in favor of a TV reality show about the band members. The decision over how to tell their story came down to the exorbitant cost of the rights to Metallica's music.

"We waged an epic battle with their record company, Elektra,'' "Monster'' director Joe Berlinger said during an illuminating panel discussion Monday night on the partnership between music and independent film. Originally, Elektra had been happy to give Berlinger and co-director Bruce Sinofsky the rights for free as a way of promoting Metallica's new album. But that attitude changed "when the band started falling apart, and we started filming their therapy sessions, and when James (Hetfield) came back from rehab,'' said Berlinger. Suddenly Elektra execs could see larger financial rewards in turning the footage into an Ozzy Osbourne-type reality show.

"Fortunately, Metallica stood up for us and told them to take a hike. They said, 'We're Metallica and we don't need a cheesy reality show,' '' Berlinger said. Band members paid Elektra $2 million for the music rights and forked over an equal amount to the filmmakers to allow them to finish their documentary.

so who would have played Jessica Simpson's role?

aussiecreeder 04-23-2004 09:50 AM

its such a stupid, immature and selfish thing to do, to get laughs at the band's and their fans expense.

The Lithium 04-23-2004 10:00 AM

Who cares? HE'S ALIVE!!!!

Higher_Desire 04-23-2004 12:07 PM

I haven't heard the rumor, but thanks for sharing! It's good to know he's OK since I'm a huge Metallica fan. But then again, who isn't!? James always seems like such an up-beat kind of guy, as well as the rest of them. Seems like suicide would be the last thing on his mind.

H-D :bee:

RMadd 04-23-2004 01:23 PM

i'm not a big metallica fan... especially of their newer stuff, which nucks futs.

The Lithium 04-23-2004 01:53 PM

St.Anger ain't really metal, but it sure is kick ass!

aussiecreeder 04-23-2004 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM

oh no it doesn't.........

Trees of Wisdom 04-23-2004 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
oh no it doesn't.........

Metallica wanted to make a cheap million so they decided to go nu-metal. Shame on them.

aussiecreeder 04-23-2004 08:31 PM

it would have being better if they simply rehased stuffed from their first 4 albums although some orginality would be nice. st.anger was unlistenable almmost apart from a couple of songs. even re-load is far superior........

creeddane 04-24-2004 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM

hell yeah :D

creeddane 04-24-2004 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
it would have being better if they simply rehased stuffed from their first 4 albums although some orginality would be nice. st.anger was unlistenable almmost apart from a couple of songs. even re-load is far superior........

Maybe you got sensitive ears huh ???
:D

Jusilva 04-24-2004 12:24 PM

:wtf:
i love metallica, i almost had a heart attack when i saw this thread.