CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   best songs their b-sides? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8559)

aussiecreeder 01-29-2005 10:12 PM

best songs their b-sides?

I'm of the opinion that much of Creed's best material was left off their studio albums. For instance I think its criminal that both To Whom it May Concern and Is This The End were not included on Human Clay. Thoughts?

Bridge of Clay 01-29-2005 10:15 PM

I think we never got to hear (or will ever) the best Creed songs.. they're probably all b-sides that W-up will keep locked forever. :(

DekWannaBFlea 01-29-2005 10:20 PM

To Whom it may concern was a badass song. But didn't really need to be on Human Clay.

aussiecreeder 01-29-2005 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
I think we never got to hear (or will ever) the best Creed songs.. they're probably all b-sides that W-up will keep locked forever. :(

Yeah there is probably heaps of good stuff that didn't fit the desired "formula" that we will never get to hear. I just hope all or at least most of this stuff is released some day. Lyrically I think ITTE is right up there with Scott's best work and TWIMC is just brillant.

revisfoot 01-29-2005 11:42 PM

We are supposed to get a B-Sides album sometime, however...

titan9 01-29-2005 11:46 PM

Yup, Mark said so. I'm hopeful that down the line(as he said) we'll get a CD full of unreleased stuff. THAT should be awesome.

aussiecreeder 01-29-2005 11:58 PM

I just hope it doesn't go the way of the DVD.........

RMadd 01-30-2005 12:40 AM

Is This The End is f***ing brilliant! It's my favorite song, along w/ WTLF & Higher. I'll be quite T.O.'d if we never get to hear the full complement of B-sides.

Torn Daredevil 01-30-2005 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
Is This The End is f***ing brilliant! It's my favorite song, along w/ WTLF & Higher. I'll be quite T.O.'d if we never get to hear the full complement of B-sides.

Yeah, Is This The End might be my favorite Creed song.

jammy123 01-30-2005 04:11 AM

Is this the end is totally awsome!

The Lithium 01-30-2005 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay

If they still have the best songs they will release them.

rabidgopher04 01-30-2005 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Yup, Mark said so. I'm hopeful that down the line(as he said) we'll get a CD full of unreleased stuff. THAT should be awesome.

Mark also said that he plans on never doing anything with Creed ever again so... :dunno:

Agent D 01-30-2005 07:05 PM

I hope that there's some stuff on this b-side album that we've never heard before. Otherwise, it'll be about as useful as the Greatest Hits cd for those of us who've scoured the web and bought imported singles just to get songs like Is This The End and To Whom It May Concern.

aussiecreeder 01-31-2005 01:46 AM

I wish Creed explored the sound of songs like Is This The End more than they did. Sure the songs with the "anthemic choruses" are cool but I like the dark and reflective tone of this song and lyrically its very good.

RMadd 01-31-2005 02:03 AM

yeah... I think the main reason they might not have was b/c it wasn't a good radio song, for its length. usually, five minutes is alot for stations playing modern rock and/or top 40 type stuff (esp for the latter). 6 is just wayyyyyyyy too much lol. or maybe i'm just wrong. but i like it alot.