CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   From a musician's point-of-view: Where Stapp Went Wrong (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8346)

revisfoot 01-05-2005 09:43 PM

From a musician's point-of-view: Where Stapp Went Wrong

The fact of the matter is, is that Stapp is simply not delivering. When you don't deliver to your fans, they become antsy, restless, and soon get tired of waiting. Yes, we've heard "rumours" of a solo record, which was originally set for release in NOVEMBER, then pushed back to, what we HOPE, is now March 2005. But, if he's truly in the studio right now, and if he wants to keep his fans interested, give them some news! Some video clips! Some music snippets! Something! The last thing we heard was "Relearn Love," and then a remixed version. And, yes, I know, we've all seen him on television, doing "Higher" with the guys from Goneblind. But, where's the new stuff? Like I said, if you don't deliver, then there's no ending to hint at.

aussiecreeder 01-06-2005 02:57 AM

In his defense there are artists to take 5 or 6 years to produce a record and they are considered masterpieces (Tool or Nine Inch Nails anyone). On the other hand Stapp isn't going to produce anything like that, lets be honest. I think he needs to plead with Jeff Martin (The Tea Party) to come back and write with him.

Ann Allusion 01-06-2005 10:58 AM

:laugh: everyone has an opinion...luv it.... ;)

you've made a few valid points in general, revisfoot...but you have to remember there is nothing "conventional" in how ALL of the former members of Creed have approached their separate endeavours. Stapp will come through, and that is the bottom line...at least how i see it...and i think a lot of people will be surprised with what they get... :D

EvenStream 01-06-2005 04:50 PM

I think it's wrong that he's doing Creed songs, we call them CREED songs for a reason!

titan9 01-06-2005 06:00 PM

As I've said before, I think once his solo album is out, he'll only perform those songs and ignore the Creed songs. At the moment, the Creed Greatest Hits CD is out. 3/4 of Creed won't perform those songs and won't promote the CD. Stapp is the only one even willing to promote the CD. In order to keep his name out there(so people still know him when he releases the solo album) he's occasionally performing Creed songs. As I have said before, I am against Scott performing the Creed songs, but I think I understand why he is doing it:to promote the Creed GH album and to keep his name out there.

And I agree, we need to hear more about this solo album. Wind Up needs to get off their lazy butts and create that full site. If the Relearn Love music video was ever made, release that. Give us a new interview with Scott on his web site, discussing his solo career. If he's got some of his solo songs done, give us some 30 sec clips to listen to. Heck, why not get Scott to write a weekly newsletter/diary? It would keep people interested in his solo career. I personally will support him musically whenever he releases the solo album, whether it's 2005 or 2007. He has my support musically because I loved what he did in Creed. I think when Scott does release his solo album, people are going to like what they hear.

aussiecreeder 01-06-2005 06:52 PM

Can't you guys see that many have got to a little cynical with what he'll produce. Axl Rose may have not produced a lot thus far but at least he has had some of the best musicians on the planet working with him like Buckethead, Robin Finck, Josh Freese and the like. Stapp had the Tea Party (very good band) and now he's got what...Goneblind. :rolleyes:

DekWannaBFlea 01-06-2005 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
Can't you guys see that many have got to a little cynical with what he'll produce. Axl Rose may have not produced a lot thus far but at least he has had some of the best musicians on the planet working with him like Buckethead, Robin Finck, Josh Freese and the like. Stapp had the Tea Party (very good band) and now he's got what...Goneblind. :rolleyes:

Buckethead isn't with him anymore.

Dogstar 01-06-2005 09:04 PM

Key phrase *has* had...:D...anyway, I have some skepticism, but I hope I'm wrong.

Unforgiven Fan 01-06-2005 10:47 PM

scott may have made some bad choices musically...but the fact of the matter is that he is a source of a lot of jokes and critizism about how he acts...the media hates him and it is hard to rise above that to become commerical...

aussiecreeder 01-07-2005 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea
Buckethead isn't with him anymore.

Yes this is true! :) But at least they had studio time and actually recorded some music including Magdascar which is an amazing song. When Scott gets a drummer the calibre of Josh Freese in his studio then I will salivate but until then........

titan9 01-10-2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unforgiven Fan
scott may have made some bad choices musically...but the fact of the matter is that he is a source of a lot of jokes and critizism about how he acts...the media hates him and it is hard to rise above that to become commerical...

Quite true. It was, I guess, popular to hate Creed and, more specifically, Stapp. I remember watching The Best Week Ever on VH1 right after Creed broke up, and all those people on there being happy about it. Worst thing was this stupid idiot comedian(who isn't even funny!!!) making fun of Stapp singing WAWO.

Agent D 01-10-2005 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
I remember watching The Best Week Ever on VH1 right after Creed broke up, and all those people on there being happy about it. Worst thing was this stupid idiot comedian(who isn't even funny!!!) making fun of Stapp singing WAWO.

I think I saw that. I hate that f'ing show with a passion. Man, of all the retrospective shows on VH1, I hate that one the most. Nobody comedians making fun of celebs who at least have some shred of purpose.

titan9 01-10-2005 07:54 PM

Actually, I don't normally mind that show. Sometimes the show is kinda funny, and I do watch it every now and then. But I didn't think the Creed mocking was funny at all.(and, I believe they've mocked Creed before) I think I heard somewhere that Stapp was actually on one of the episodes of I Love the 90s. I never happened to catch that episode, though.

Agent D 01-11-2005 03:23 PM

His appearance on I Love the 90s was very brief. I don't remember the context it was in but even that had some weird attempt to mock him. I honestly didn't get it. They put his head on the body of a cartoon monkey or something.

Anyway, it just bugs me because VH1 were such big supporters of Creed for so long and suddenly they're ragging on them and Scott in particular as well.

titan9 01-11-2005 03:34 PM

No kidding, they were big supporters of Creed. I remember seeing the video for OLB for the first time on VH1's Fresh music. And Creed always had good success on the top 20 countdown. One positive is that they've been good supporters of Alter Bridge so far. Hopefully they are the same way when Scott's CD comes out.