CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed song that hit you hard the first time you heard it (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3793)

mysacrifice411 07-17-2003 07:05 PM

Creed song that hit you hard the first time you heard it

I think the Creed song that hit me the hardest the first time I heard it was My Own Prison. It was probably mid-2000 (I only had the Human Clay album then) and I heard it on the radio for the first time, and I was amazed at how deep and spiritual the lyrics were, and how they tied in with exactly how my life was going at the time. I was trying to blame others, but, until then, I never stopped to realize that I'd "created my own prison." After that, I bought MOP, and Creed became my favorite band.

A song that didn't hit me hard when I first heard it, but does now is Wash Away Those Years. I thought it was good, but I never connected with it because I didn't know anyone firsthand that went through something of that magnitude. A couple months ago, I learned one of my friends from high school was raped during our senior year :( :mad: :( It hit me so hard, I never knew. Now I really love that song, and I've realized it's true that "tragedy strikes at home."

Anyway, sorry for babbling. I'd love to hear your guy's thoughts, and what songs have meant a lot to you the first time you heard them. :) :) :)

Dogstar 07-17-2003 07:09 PM

What's This Life For.

Sheila63 07-17-2003 07:30 PM

One song the really hit me the first time I heard it was Faceless Man. The lyrics and the intensity of that song just blew me away and it really touched me. I think I cried the first I heard it and there have been times when it has literally given me goose bumps!

Wash Away Those Years has always been special to me as well. This past winter, I was thinking about some things that happened to me in the passed while I was listening to Human Clay and the song started playing. I realized that at that moment, it was exactly what I was doing. I was "washing away" some of those years in my own life and it was a comfort to hear the lyrics "but do not hide your tears, 'cause they were sent to wash away those years".

Those are a few that I can think of for now. Thank you to Scott, Mark and Flip for such awesome lyrics and music:crest: To me, you guys are #1!! :jam:

hotforscott 07-17-2003 07:32 PM

Inside us all

Unforgiven Fan 07-17-2003 08:03 PM

What's this life for? back in 98....

I heard MOP and Torn but WTLF? just smacked right across my face and made me a fan after that.....

Higher_Desire 07-17-2003 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hotforscott
Inside us all

Ditto.

I loved the lyrics the first time I heard it very soon after purchasing Human Clay. It really helped for ways I sometimes feel in life.

<i>"There's a peace inside us all. Let it be your friend. It will help you carry on, in the end."</i>
It's really touching.

H-D

JenRN 07-17-2003 09:30 PM

MOP- way back in 97, hit me like a ton of bricks!:)

hotforscott 07-17-2003 09:38 PM

Ode is one of my favorite songs. I just love jammin' to that one.

TeriB19 07-17-2003 10:30 PM

Pregnant with my youngest daughter, I heard WAWO right before I was due to have her. Hit me and never left me.

benkenobi 07-17-2003 10:32 PM

Definately WTLF. But really the 1st Creed stuff I ever heard was Higher & WAWO on the radio. It's amazing that I never really listened to music earlier on in my life. Once I was hooked on Creed it opened up links to all sorts of bands I listen to today in rock music.

JulieCitySlicker 07-18-2003 01:02 AM

Faceless Man, it is a very inspiring song. Has a lot of spirituality to it;) It was just what I needed at the time:angel:

DangerousDan85 07-18-2003 01:45 AM

"All the Small Things"

Marty 07-18-2003 01:58 AM

I was wondering when thats was coming Dan. ;)

For me, it was With Arms Wide Open, musically at least.

Lyrically and musically, it wasn't until My Sacrifice.
________
Web shows

tremonti.net 07-18-2003 08:18 AM

Musically, Higher.
Lyrically, Torn.
________
Ferrari 212 inter history
________
Xxx videos free

Bridge of Clay 07-18-2003 09:26 PM

Musically and Lyrically, Higher.

When Scream 3 was on pre-production phase and Creed was announced as soundtrack executive producers. RIght after I read that, Higher played on the radio