CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Black Market Radio (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9833)

Dogstar 10-30-2005 03:28 PM

Black Market Radio

Ok, I'm just getting into these guys. They are out of NYC and feature Peter Cornell (yes, Chris Cornell's older brother) on vocals. And yes, the man can sing. He's kind of like Chris only human :D.

I just got their EP and I have about 8 songs from a friend that are going to show up on their debut album. They've got some hard-driving catchy songs and you can hear the Cornell influence, because the man is his brother, but the more I listen, the more I hear his own sound. I hope these guys make it. The guitarist has also been around awhile and has toured wtih Lenny Kravitz and some other big names. They just recently added a new drummer and bass player. Peter and Keith (the guitarist) write the music. I think it's pretty rockin'.
Anyway, check them out here:

www.blackmarketradionyc.com
http://www.myspace.com/BlackMarketRadio

scrit 10-31-2005 09:16 PM

I've heard some of their stuff before and liked it, I think i'll check them out again when I have more time.

titan9 10-31-2005 10:28 PM

If it involves a Cornell in anyway, it's bound to be good. :D Anyway, I hadn't heard of them before you mentioned them, Dogstar, but I will definitely check them out now.

Dogstar 11-09-2005 08:03 PM

I'm listening to them right now. They have a song called Better Than a Killer that is just awesome. Kind of bluesy beginning that bursts into a nice fricken chorus. They write some catchy hooks.

Jez 11-11-2005 05:06 PM

HOLY CRAP!

Wow, thanks so much for the heads up on this band.... it's almost unbelieavable that the genes that make CC so irresistable have been spread to more than one man in this family! It's uncanny how much these two resemble each other. *thud* I'm really digging this so far.. I would be eternally grateful if you'd consider sharing some of what you already have, Kerri. Wow.

*double thud*

lol

The Lithium 11-11-2005 05:28 PM

Yeah, I got an email about this band, and the singer sure looks a whole lot like Chris and has the same family name! :D But come on... Can he sing as good as Chris? Well, I guess "lil' bro" really made it.

Dogstar 11-11-2005 06:42 PM

LOL, Lith, I described his as like Chris, but human, LOL. Chris hit some ungodly notes back in the day. This boy can sing, for sure, plus the music is really good, I think.

Jez, I can check with my friend about sharing the other songs, but I'm not sure because to be honest, the quality isn't that good. I'm pretty sure they will all be on the new CD, though.
I can get you the three songs from the EP, though :D

Dogstar 11-27-2005 11:05 PM

Little update: BMR's guitarist is taking a leave of absence, according to the web site, so they will get a new one. Also, it looks like the album is coming out around Christmas. I wish it would come out sooner.

Dogstar 12-14-2005 08:48 PM

Black Market Radio are playing CBGB's for New Year's Eve. I so wish I could go. :(

Dogstar 12-22-2005 07:30 PM

Re: Black Market Radio

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee, new show dates posted at myspace. I can go to the Philly show!! YESSSSSSSSSS! That place is three miles from my apt. Wooooo-hoooooooooo!

Feb 2 2006 8:00P
Don Hill's New York, NY

Feb 7 2006 8:00P
Grape St. Pub Philadelphia, PA

Feb 18 2006 8:00P
Double D's Morristown, NJ

Feb 25 2006 8:00P
Mercer County College PRINCETON JUNCTION, NJ

The Lithium 12-22-2005 07:59 PM

So when is the album comming out?

Dogstar 12-22-2005 08:08 PM

SOON, I hope. It was supposed to come out this month, but I still haven't seen or heard when the actual date is.

The Lithium 12-23-2005 04:41 AM

Is it a major record lable which will release it, or is a small one? Like most bands have to start out... Will it hit the stores immediately or will it only be available over their webstore?

Dogstar 12-23-2005 12:39 PM

Right now, I think they are putting it out themselves, which might be the reason for the delay. Cash flow and all. As far as I know, they aren't signed. I know their EP is for sale on their web site, so I'm assuming the new one will be, too.

The Lithium 12-23-2005 01:36 PM

Awesome, I'll ask Linda if she knows anything about a release date. I mean, if anybody knows, she'd be the one! :D