CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Three Years and .....The world needs creed (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11566)

Tremontixriffs 02-21-2007 11:59 PM

Three Years and .....The world needs creed

Just sitting listening to creed songs and wondering when and if creed will ever reform. Yeah Alterbridge is a great alternative being able to listen to Mark shred but it sure as hell isn't the same! I really hope AB's new album kicks ass but at the same time I wish they would all grow the f!@k up and reunite. Its probably not going to happen but uf Alter Bridge falters again on this new album...There always is that chance!!! Peace

guitardude1985 02-22-2007 01:17 PM

Re: Three Years and .....The world needs creed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs
Just sitting listening to creed songs and wondering when and if creed will ever reform. Yeah Alterbridge is a great alternative being able to listen to Mark shred but it sure as hell isn't the same! I really hope AB's new album kicks ass but at the same time I wish they would all grow the f!@k up and reunite. Its probably not going to happen but uf Alter Bridge falters again on this new album...There always is that chance!!! Peace

Creed won't reform for a number of reasons. Many of what I can think of is because of the work ethic conflict between mark and stapp in the creed days that pretty much jepradized creed since HC. Stapp as I have read recently has not been doing so well reguarding stapp's substance abuse. So correct me if I am wrong on that. I would not count on anything of a creed reunion anytime in the near or distant future.

I think One Day Remains has some of the strongest meterial the ex members have put out by a huge margin to date and hope this next album will up the ante. Besides mark and the rest of AB seem to be pretty happy with what they are doing, and if their happy I don't think they would want to go back to the days of extreme media strutany and what not. But I guess there is always a chance, but I would not put any money on it.

Mrprophetman 02-22-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardude1985
Creed won't reform for a number of reasons. Many of what I can think of is because of the work ethic conflict between mark and stapp in the creed days that pretty much jepradized creed since HC. Stapp as I have read recently has not been doing so well reguarding stapp's substance abuse. So correct me if I am wrong on that. I would not count on anything of a creed reunion anytime in the near or distant future.

I think One Day Remains has some of the strongest meterial the ex members have put out by a huge margin to date and hope this next album will up the ante. Besides mark and the rest of AB seem to be pretty happy with what they are doing, and if their happy I don't think they would want to go back to the days of extreme media strutany and what not. But I guess there is always a chance, but I would not put any money on it.

Mind telling us where you "read" that?

BoundNTied 02-22-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrprophetman
Mind telling us where you "read" that?

I can tell you that. There was an article about it in Rolling Stone.

I agree with the topic starter, it would be nice if Creed got back together. But to set my mind to rest at this issue, I just always saw One Day Remains as Creed's fourth album. Works for me. Tremonti is still dealing out killer riffs. Miles' voice is definately complementary, although a little awkward since I'm used to hearing Stapp's voice over Tremonti's riffs. Ah well. We can always expect brilliant stuff from the crew.

Agent D 02-22-2007 07:59 PM

I think if I had a dollar for every one of these threads I'd be rich.

J.T. 02-22-2007 11:02 PM

Yeah...Creed rocked its just not the same..but they won't get back together and I've already accepted that. But they were the best and neither Alter Bridge nor Scott Stapp solo will top it. Though I'm leaning towards stapps solo stuff more than Alter Bridge...

Mrprophetman 02-23-2007 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoundNTied

I agree with the topic starter, it would be nice if Creed got back together. But to set my mind to rest at this issue, I just always saw One Day Remains as Creed's fourth album. Works for me. Tremonti is still dealing out killer riffs. Miles' voice is definately complementary, although a little awkward since I'm used to hearing Stapp's voice over Tremonti's riffs. Ah well. We can always expect brilliant stuff from the crew.

If One Day Remains had been Creed's fourth album.....I wouldn't have bought it.....no way I would spend money on music that I don't like.

Mrprophetman 02-23-2007 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoundNTied

I've read every article Rolling Stone has on Stapp, and I beg to differ.:D

BoundNTied 02-23-2007 05:23 PM

Well Tremonti definately lets loose more in AB as far as technicality. But I guess it doesn't really have the same soul.

nagpo 02-23-2007 05:33 PM

the most we can ask for is their unrealesed stuff.

BoundNTied 02-24-2007 05:30 PM

Maybe in 10 or 20 years VH1 will do that band reuniting thing to see if they can get them to play a show.

Mrprophetman 02-26-2007 07:25 AM

Ummmmmm.....I would venture to say that if One Day Remains had been Creed's fourth album......Creed's career would have gone down the drain...their career would have been OVER.

Very elementary.

The Lithium 02-26-2007 07:43 PM

"Creed will never reunite unless it's for world peace" --Mark Tremonti

There you have it

RMadd 02-26-2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
I think if I had a dollar for every one of these threads I'd be rich.

one million dollars!

just as long as AB ever comes out w/ new material, i don't mind if creed never get back together

Dogstar 02-26-2007 08:32 PM

I haven't seen anything in Rolling Stone since last February or so, when he was about to embark on his solo tour. In that article, he discussed his substance abuse, but professed to be sober. I haven't seen anything since that would indicate he's off the wagon. Doesn't mean it wasn't out there, but I haven't seen anything.