CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Album Leak (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12762)

nickmiller71 10-23-2009 12:43 PM

Re: Album Leak

I'm pissed that this new Michael Jackson album is coming out this week too...

pricey.21 10-23-2009 12:57 PM

I need this album.
NOW! lol

00iceman 10-23-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX
Its a great album. I gave it 8/10 for some of the vocals just sound over produced. I was a little disappointed in the Solos on the record, to me it sounds like Tremonti ran out of ideas for this record and nothing like the solos on Blackbird. Overall I Love the CD so far, Still can't wait to pick it up next week and Jam it on the Stereo at the house and in the Car.

I will agree that more Tremonti solos is always a good thing. But my thought is that that is probably why he created Alter Bridge. Creed is more of an all-around band for him - in my opinion there is a happy balance between Tremonti's guitar and Stapp's vocals, especially on this album. I will definitely continue to follow Alter Bridge for the Tremonti factor.

WHATSTHISLIFE4 10-23-2009 01:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

00iceman 10-23-2009 01:14 PM

I just have to say, props to Wind Up for being able to keep this locked down for so long. Truly impressive.

pricey.21 10-23-2009 01:47 PM

Thanks WHATSTHISLIFE4!

WHATSTHISLIFE4 10-23-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Hey man I would take this down before Steve Sees it, You will get banned man..I know it sucks!!!

From my understanding, posts from youtube are allowed. Correct me if I am wrong.

XALTERBRIDGEX 10-23-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHATSTHISLIFE4
From my understanding, posts from youtube are allowed. Correct me if I am wrong.

wrong!!!! lol..no links to copyrighted music from Wind-up if its unreleased...trust me man if you like this board, take it down...

00iceman 10-23-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Hey man I would take this down before Steve Sees it, You will get banned man..I know it sucks!!!

Getting banned would suck.

XALTERBRIDGEX 10-23-2009 02:20 PM

ya but I did not post a link lol..I mean you can say go to youtube and type the songs in but you can't link it...

00iceman 10-23-2009 02:22 PM

Understood. :cool:

alitea 10-23-2009 02:41 PM

Well I cannot find it. Just 2 more days.

RangerJim 10-23-2009 03:28 PM

Well...this record is one melodic piece of work(thanks to Mark) with absolutely superb drumming from Flip, excellent Bass work from Bryan and Scott's vocals are so invigorating yet refreshing. 9/10 because of the 2 "filler" songs. (On My Sleeve and Away In Silence)

00iceman 10-23-2009 04:09 PM

Away In Silence is definitely not a filler. Quoted from Creed's MySpace page:

"Songs like 'Away in Silence,' written by Stapp to his wife to mark the day back in November, 2006, when she almost walked out on him, an event Scott claims was the turning point in changing his life."

RangerJim 10-23-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00iceman
Away In Silence is definitely not a filler. Quoted from Creed's MySpace page:

"Songs like 'Away in Silence,' written by Stapp to his wife to mark the day back in November, 2006, when she almost walked out on him, an event Scott claims was the turning point in changing his life."

Well that doesn't really prove anything. I don't believe in "filler" tracks hence why I put quotation marks, but the general population indeed does believe in "filler" tracks. Every song a band puts on their record is special in some way or other but "Away In Silence", although it has superb acoustics I just don't like the general feeling of the song even if it's an important subject for Stapp. I like the intro and verses on "On My Sleeve" but the chorus feels a bit too generic but that's just me.