CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Whos The Best ? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9703)

LIVING LEGEND 10-03-2005 05:08 PM

Whos The Best ?

Need some albums recomending for Pearl jam + Soundgarden
for soundgarden i have superunknown And for pearl jam i have there greatest hits cd. Especially with great guitar solos cheers guys + girls

And who do you all think is better pearl jam or soundgarden ?

RMadd 10-04-2005 12:10 AM

I prefer Soundgarden.
Their "Badmotorfinger" ain't too shabby either. In fact, you can go here for a list of all their albums.
As for Pearl Jam, "Ten" is my favorite album of theirs. The general consensus with them is that, especially as of late, they haven't been quite as solid as in the early '90s.

RMadd 10-04-2005 12:12 AM

An addendum to my pvs post: if you're looking to get into that old-school grunge, one band you may never have heard of but should check out is Candlebox. Their self-titled is pretty tight.

Muad'Dib 10-04-2005 06:29 AM

Could never really get into PJ, tried few times now. So Soundgarden is easily the preferred option for me.

scrit 10-04-2005 05:07 PM

my two favorite pj cds are vitalogy and yield, but neither have really memorable guitar solos, at least for me. I was never really that fond of pj's earlier stuff. My favorite soundgarden cd is definatly bad moter finger.

Dogstar 10-04-2005 07:20 PM

Vitalogy is also my favorite PJ album and Yield and No Code are also right up there for me. I like a lot of their later stuff as well. Binaural is awesome. I'm not much for greatest hits collections, except to complete a collection :D. I hardly listen to them.

For Soundgarden, definitely get Badmotorfinger and Down on the Upside. I like everything Soundgarden and PJ have put out, pretty much, so I'm sort of biased :D...

I can't pick which is better for me, as I like them both. I think Eddie Vedder is a superior lyricist, though. His stuff is amazing. That man can spin a yarn and then some.

JulieCitySlicker 10-05-2005 02:29 PM

I'm not really a big fan of either one,although I do like a few songs from both.

LIVING LEGEND 10-06-2005 04:39 PM

So Overall Who Do You Guys Prefer

scrit 10-06-2005 05:31 PM

Pearljam deffinatly! (their later stuff is what I like, but most like their earlier stuff more)

Anna1011 10-07-2005 05:45 AM

ME ME ME ME in the best lol

erm anyways i havent heard much by either i dont thinks

GregS 10-07-2005 11:00 AM

Ive never really been ito Pearl Jam and have always liked Soundgarden. So ye.. SG :)

Bridge of Clay 10-07-2005 03:43 PM

I'm not much of a fan of any, but I like SG better.

Rocketqueen 10-31-2005 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
Could never really get into PJ, tried few times now. So Soundgarden is easily the preferred option for me.

i dont like pearl jam about the only number i ever jamed to was 10 soundgarden