CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Brian Marshall? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5129)

Bridge of Clay 12-15-2003 04:40 PM

You want it or not, people already took sides... which is pretty stupid, from my point of view.

Creed was magical, it was pure chemestry! Creed was the Big Mac!

Now one band will be the bread and the other the meat... it's almost the same, but not the same... :(

Bridge of Clay 12-15-2003 04:42 PM

WTF I'm saying?

Creed is not done, yet! It's just a quick break!

musicmind226 12-15-2003 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
WTF I'm saying?

Creed is not done, yet! It's just a quick break!

Yea, a quick break that could, COULD last a couple of years. Lets think realistically.

Lets say this new band (assuming there are as many treno fans as stapp fans) does better far beyond what we thought of. Well, for finatical and musicall reasons this new band could be a permanent thing or not. Who knows, so it's pointless to try and predict the future.

Bridge of Clay 12-15-2003 06:04 PM

doh... I didn't imply any time frame...

Personally, my opinion is that Mark's band will do better than Stapp's.

Although I don't believe Stapp is setting up a new band, I think his solo project is not on the music scene. But if it is, I guess I should wait for who's handling the instruments.

musicmind226 12-15-2003 07:30 PM

Well of course, stapp can't handle all the instrumental part to his project. And I'm sure he's going to have a back up band. I'll also be looking a great deal into that to, should be just as interesting as marks. Altough I'm a little confused Will mark start this other band and it be the solo project or will he realse an actual solo CD? DAM wind-up, sometimes they give news out thats to vague.

musicmind226 12-15-2003 07:33 PM

And how do you get those pictures just below your name? Those are cool, I want one.

Back to topic, I hope tremo screds his guitar to the point where he actully sheds some light on the people who think he's a hack.

Bridge of Clay 12-15-2003 07:37 PM

Mark's "solo" project is the new band with flip/brian. It'll sound pretty much the same as Creed, since their songs will be stuff that would probably be on Creed's next album if they were together. One of the songs begin extremely metal then it goes all bluesy with guitar solos!!! (says Michael)

You can pick those pics (avatars) on your control panel. Click on User CP.

hayley 12-16-2003 02:21 AM

Quote:

You want it or not, people already took sides... which is pretty stupid, from my point of view.

Yeah I can see that people are already taking sides, I am clearly aware of that. But, it will get worse once the albums have been released, when the bands are official.

And I totally agree, I think it is pretty stupid aswell, more than that, damn right pathetic.

musicmind226 12-16-2003 09:56 PM

Indeed, pethetic. Is not music supposed to bring people together, not divide people?

And tremonti_fed, I'm very intrequed. The solo? is it long? fast? and are there throbbing bass lines as well? The demo? Is anybody singing or just flip. brian and tremo jamming to fill space?

hayley 12-17-2003 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind226
Indeed, pethetic. Is not music supposed to bring people together, not divide people?

Yeah, it is. :mad1: People who take sides are being really stupid, if they thought that Tremo and Stapp had real talent, they would follow both of them.

Oh well, it stumps me.

hide 12-17-2003 12:37 AM

i'm a little intrigued by this description of this song, it sounds great! While it will sound like Creed with a different singer somewhat, it sounds like Mark has gone a different direction with his writing, which is great I couldn't stand it if the bashers were saying what is the differene. but i guess stuff the bashers...

johellion 12-17-2003 09:16 AM

Quote:

Of course it's going to have some kind of akin to creed. I mean, with 1/3rd of creed brian, flip and mark your still going to have the distinctive tremo PRS sound, and those groovy bass lines of marshall. Don't take this the wrong way, but I always found flip to be an ordnary drummer, but still.

Still, I'm wondering if it's official if marshall is going to be in the band. The sentiment remains as to his musical input to this yet to be named band. Does not your your couriocity rise about this? And don't forget to mention the new singer, and like many have said, I would rather not have a nasaly voiced singer, something completely different.

So, after it's all said and done and the albums out, I wonder if there will be a fan divide where the fans of stapp will be sour to thus, and the fans of tremo, brian and flip will be the defenders? Hmm.....

It is official...Brian is playing with the boys in this band...I talked to him yesterday. He said music is awesome, and the chemistry is still there!!! I didn't ask him the name of the band. He did say he had been real busy with both bands..and have a few more practices before they lay off for the holidays. :D

janem 12-17-2003 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johellion
It is official...Brian is playing with the boys in this band...I talked to him yesterday. He said music is awesome, and the chemistry is still there!!! I didn't ask him the name of the band. He did say he had been real busy with both bands..and have a few more practices before they lay off for the holidays. :D

That makes me smile... hi Johellion.. its been awhile :D

johellion 12-17-2003 01:00 PM

Hey there Jane!!! Is this your orginial name? Glad to know people remember me as Johellion....I haven't used that name in awhile...I love this board....I did not even know this place was here...The ppl. seem to be real friendly here. In the old crrednet bb. days ppl would really get rude at times.

janem 12-17-2003 02:35 PM

Yes Johellion, I certainly remember you. I was with the group when we were supporting Brian and "Grand Luxx".. remember that fun time. I'm billycat23, and Toni's friend from VA, maybe you remember. I'm so excited that Brian, Mark and Scott P. are together again... I'd always hope this would happen! Mark's an incredible person and so talented... I remember him saying that he always thought Brian was the best bass player he'd played with. Now, its all come full circle. This is a very nice chat area, the best I've found so far.
:)

chafin24 12-17-2003 02:40 PM

hey jane

Be sure to check out brian marshall new band headheavy.com they have music samples up and johellion put up a thread about it in the music matters forum hear at this website.

janem 12-17-2003 02:42 PM

I visited the site already... very nice!! This is just too damn exciting... I've noticed that the domain name "downshifter" (which is rumored to be the name of the band) is under construction and owned by Dan Tremonti... hmmmm - I wonder what that could mean...

hayley 12-17-2003 04:42 PM

Hey to all the new members of Creed Feed! :hugs: Hope you guys post more often here, and enjoy the board! :)

Yeah Downshifter, we heard about that. I personaly don't like that name, I think they could have come up with something far more better, not Downshifter. We were all talking about the name weeks ago, and came to the conclusion that Downshifter is what you do in a car, you down shift. Hmm...and there was something else but I can't remember.

hayley 12-17-2003 04:43 PM

Oh yeah I remember now...having things all rushed and then slow it down. That was it.

Interesting...

Bridge of Clay 12-17-2003 04:52 PM

and then I ask again:

what does it take to get the 4 of them together, in a band, again? Nothing is too big it can't be forgiven! Guys, get over it! You can do it! :)

hayley 12-17-2003 04:55 PM

But we don't know how big the argument/fight was so it might be something that can't be forgiven

musicmind226 12-17-2003 05:11 PM

Quote:

This is the aswsomest news I have heard sine out troops caught saddam heusein. :cool:

So, now brians official have they a clue as to what the new singer may be like?

johellion 12-17-2003 05:58 PM

Quote:

This is the aswsomest news I have heard sine out troops caught saddam heusein. :cool:

So, now brians official have they a clue as to what the new singer may be like?

We didn't talk about the singer.....I am sure that will be anounced when they find one. :D

musicmind226 12-17-2003 06:07 PM

Did you mention stapp to him? or him re-joining? creed on the 4th album whenever that may be?

Man, I am so glad that the chemistry is still there. :cool:

hayley 12-17-2003 06:29 PM

Don't keep ya hopes up dude too much

hide 12-17-2003 07:47 PM

man this is awesome news, I don't see Brian rejoining Creed for their next full album as impossible. If the issues with Mark and Scott P have been sorted out then why not with Stapp?

Bridge of Clay 12-17-2003 08:01 PM

those aren't news... those were thougths

hide 12-17-2003 08:24 PM

Quote:

those aren't news... those were thougths

thats true i guess i'm just trying to latch on to something positive its just rumour!

johellion 12-17-2003 08:41 PM

Quote:

Did you mention stapp to him? or him re-joining? creed on the 4th album whenever that may be?

Man, I am so glad that the chemistry is still there. :cool:

Stapp is not going to be in this new band....As far as I know...(don't know about the others) ...Brian will not play music with Stapp.....sorry

chafin24 12-17-2003 08:46 PM

This is as close as you are going to get to the actual creed meaning its going to be brian marshall, mark tremonti and scott phiilps and a singer. :D
I am not trying to be mean this my take on the whole thing.

johellion 12-17-2003 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janem
Yes Johellion, I certainly remember you. I was with the group when we were supporting Brian and "Grand Luxx".. remember that fun time. I'm billycat23, and Toni's friend from VA, maybe you remember. I'm so excited that Brian, Mark and Scott P. are together again... I'd always hope this would happen! Mark's an incredible person and so talented... I remember him saying that he always thought Brian was the best bass player he'd played with. Now, its all come full circle. This is a very nice chat area, the best I've found so far.
:)

YESSSSSSSS...I remember you!!! We had fun on that yahoo site...I loved the chat sessions....How is Toni?..I haven't heard from her in a while...I had her cell number....but when I moved..I lost my book with all my phone # in it...Is she still in Alabama? She came to see me one day....and she had invited me to do numerous things with her...but at that time I worked night shift...it was just hard for me to go and do much. I am glad to know that some of the same people are still around

Brian always said the same about Mark...they have a good chemistry together musicly...

hide 12-17-2003 08:58 PM

oh okay so according to you there is a great gulf between Stapp and Marshall that will probably never be healed. that is too bad if Creed does indeed go on Heslta will be the bass player or the current arrangement will continue with Mark handling the bass parts!

chafin24 12-17-2003 09:06 PM

I heard on a mark tremonti bb that brett hestle and scott stapp had a falling out after the chicago concert the bad one.

hayley 12-17-2003 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chafin24
I heard on a mark tremonti bb that brett hestle and scott stapp had a falling out after the chicago concert the bad one.

Yeah, exactly. You heard this news...come on I mean everyone is thinking all of these different thoughts, most of them stories.

We need to stop making assumumptions, honestly, it's getting so hard deciding on what to believe.

Now I'm not saying you are wrong, but this story you "heard" could be all bullshit. You just can't believe everything you hear...

chafin24 12-17-2003 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
Yeah, exactly. You heard this news...come on I mean everyone is thinking all of these different thoughts, most of them stories.

We need to stop making assumumptions, honestly, it's getting so hard deciding on what to believe.

Now I'm not saying you are wrong, but this story you "heard" could be all bullshit. You just can't believe everything you hear...

I am not trying to start anything.

hayley 12-18-2003 02:43 AM

Yeah I know that, I'm not saying that you are. Sorry.

I'm just stating what I see on this board and other boards. Sorry again.

johellion 12-18-2003 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hide
oh okay so according to you there is a great gulf between Stapp and Marshall that will probably never be healed. that is too bad if Creed does indeed go on Heslta will be the bass player or the current arrangement will continue with Mark handling the bass parts!

yes...to much water under the bridge....I don't think Brian will play with Scott again....but you know...years down the road....like a lot of other bands have done...It could happen.

Not sure about Heslta as touring bass...I heard the same thing as other people....I need to ask Brian....but it will be awhile cause they are gone for the holidays. Maybe someone can ask Mike....Marks brother..

janem 12-18-2003 10:10 AM

I haven't spoken to Toni until just recently. You know her sister was killed in a car accident in Florida last year, so she's been out of it, but she's better now. She still lives in Alabama, same place.

PLEASE let me know when you from Brian that the "new" band will be playing. I'll be flying to FL on the next plane...

Jane

musicmind226 12-21-2003 12:25 AM

Quote:

yes...to much water under the bridge....I don't think Brian will play with Scott again....but you know...years down the road....like a lot of other bands have done...It could happen.

Not sure about Heslta as touring bass...I heard the same thing as other people....I need to ask Brian....but it will be awhile cause they are gone for the holidays. Maybe someone can ask Mike....Marks brother..

Wait, so you know brian? Have you yet asked him about stapp?

musicmind226 12-21-2003 12:26 AM

And what the hell is it with stapp and bass players?