CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Alterbridge Single Info (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6669)

velocityidp 05-23-2004 02:17 PM

New Alter Bridge Single Info

New info from Michael regarding the upcoming AB single... it's coming in a matter of weeks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel
Yes, you all may hear the first single fairly soon. It is an awesome song that highlights every members talents. I can't give any dates yet but we are talking weeks, not months. The song is a mid-tempo anthemic rocker that will play well on all formats of radio. Plus it has a solo that is fairly long, longer than any solos that I have heard on radio in recent years. Mark just completely shreds in it. You also will get a good sense of Myles range and vocal abilities in the song, he sings both high and low. As an added bonus you will hear some amazing harmonies between Mark and Myles in the song. I think it is a great choice for a first single because it has a bit of everything. Did I get anyone salavating yet?

P.S. as soon as it gets shipped to radio I will let you all know so that you may call in and request it!

Michael

Quote:

No, there is no Flip solo on the song. He does some pretty amazing drum work though. The cool thing about this song is that it is one big hook. It is one of those songs that you will be humming right after the first listen.

Michael

Quote:

Mark has already finished a radio edit of this song and the solo was not touched. It will not be cut.

Michael

(info from alterbridgeband.net forum)

Dogstar 05-23-2004 02:26 PM

Wow, thanks, velocity! Can't wait to hear it!

Trees of Wisdom 05-23-2004 02:29 PM

The single won't be released until late June, but hopefully we can get a sneak preview. :D

Bridge of Clay 05-23-2004 02:40 PM

ToW: says who?

I saw that, thanks for posting it here.

Trees of Wisdom 05-23-2004 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
ToW: says who?

I saw that, thanks for posting it here.

5/23/04 - Single and tour news

Ken F, AB's booking agent was kind enough to answer some questions for us, he said the single was set to be released mid-july, but got moved up to the end of June. He also stated that the band will tour in the fall, starting out at smaller venues initially.

Trees of Wisdom 05-23-2004 02:46 PM

Will the complete solo be on the radio edit?

Dogstar 05-23-2004 02:47 PM

In any event, it's still weeks, not months away.

Trees of Wisdom 05-23-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
In any event, it's still weeks, not months away.

The question is: Will we be able to listen to the single before it hits radio?

Dogstar 05-23-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
Will the complete solo be on the radio edit?

Cripes, read the whole first post, will ya?...

Mark has already finished a radio edit of this song and the solo was not touched. It will not be cut.

Michael

Trees of Wisdom 05-23-2004 02:50 PM

Quote:

Cripes, read the whole first post, will ya?...

Michael

I know, but will the solo be shortened?

Dogstar 05-23-2004 02:52 PM

What part of *the solo WAS NOT TOUCHED will not be cut* did you not understand???

Trees of Wisdom 05-23-2004 02:53 PM

Quote:

What part of *the solo WAS NOT TOUCHED will not be cut* did you not understand???

First off: Jeez, quit trying your best to bust my chops.

Secondly: Since they're going to have a radio edit, some parts may be shortened.

Dogstar 05-23-2004 02:58 PM

First off, I'm not trying to bust your chops.
Secondly, I give up.

velocityidp 05-23-2004 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees Of Wisdom
First off: Jeez, quit trying your best to bust my chops.

Secondly: Since they're going to have a radio edit, some parts may be shortened.

Quote:

First off, I'm not trying to bust your chops.
Secondly, I give up.

Oh stop flirting you two... :rolleyes:

DangerousDan85 05-23-2004 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom

Mark has already finished a radio edit of this song and the solo was NOT TOUCHED. It will not be cut.

Michael