CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   AB is totally different from Creed (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7175)

Bridge of Clay 08-03-2004 03:22 PM

AB is totally different from Creed

Just check their album on Vh1... totally unCreedish. They don't need Stapp...

Jooji_2 08-03-2004 05:32 PM

I have checked out the clips they have posted. I wish them luck....but they are quite a bit heavier than my taste in music. I only go so heavy and then its a turn off for me.

revisfoot 08-03-2004 07:51 PM

Bridge of Clay -- you're right!! This is awesome. I don't think they'll have any trouble getting out from under the "creed'' shadow. This is really phenomenal stuff!

aussiecreeder 08-03-2004 08:11 PM

i agree it doesn't sound like creed to me at all apart from a couple of songs. only weakish song is "watch your words" although that could change and simply an awesome album. "in loving memory of" could make a grown man cry! lol

musiclover291 08-03-2004 08:11 PM

I listen and overall I liked what I heard but Myles voice just doesn't move me. However, the music is awesome Mark, Flip and Brian are at the top of their game. In Loving Memory just didn't move me the way I felt it should have. I wish them luck.

Just my opinion

aussiecreeder 08-03-2004 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiclover291
I listen and overall I liked what I heard but Myles voice just doesn't move me. However, the music is awesome Mark, Flip and Brian are at the top of their game. In Loving Memory just didn't move me the way I felt it should have. I wish them luck.

Just my opinion

myles' voice is very touching in the slower songs and overall his voice is very versatile. he has a lot of talent and all 4 members deliever so well. does anyone else think myles is more likely to write a lot more lyrics on the next album?

Shadow 08-03-2004 09:12 PM

Marcos, you are one of the reasons I checked their music out on VH1.

Don't be mad, but I'm going to give you my honest opinion. (If you haven't already read it at PBF)

I think the In Loving Memory lyrics are beautiful. However, Myles voice ruined the song. He honestly hurt my ears.

I listened to Metalingus and actually thought it was a good song. But again, Myles voice ruined it for me.

Can someone please tell Myles to stop ooooooohhhhhhing. He does it in 3 of the 4 songs I've listened to.

You're right Marcos they do not sound like Creed. The problem with AB isn't the music. It's the singer. I'm sorry, but I don't care for Myles voice at all, even less after hearing him sing In Loving Memory.

rabidgopher04 08-03-2004 09:39 PM

I think Myles sings too much over the guitars especially during bridges or solos. His voice doesn't always compliment the music.

musiclover291 08-03-2004 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Marcos, you are one of the reasons I checked their music out on VH1.

Don't be mad, but I'm going to give you my honest opinion. (If you haven't already read it at PBF)

I think the In Loving Memory lyrics are beautiful. However, Myles voice ruined the song. He honestly hurt my ears.

I listened to Metalingus and actually thought it was a good song. But again, Myles voice ruined it for me.

Can someone please tell Myles to stop ooooooohhhhhhing. He does it in 3 of the 4 songs I've listened to.

You're right Marcos they do not sound like Creed. The problem with AB isn't the music. It's the singer. I'm sorry, but I don't care for Myles voice at all, even less after hearing him sing In Loving Memory.

I kind of agree with you I listen to it for a third time the music is awesome but his voice it just doesn't move me especially In Loving Memory its like his voice doesn't fit the music but I will keep listening because the music rocks!!!!!!!!

Shadow 08-03-2004 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiclover291
In Loving Memory its like his voice doesn't fit the music

Exactly my point.

I'm kind of feel bad for feeling this way about Myles' voice. I want to like AB because of where they are coming from. I liked the music, just not the voice.

jurquiza 08-03-2004 10:41 PM

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way............

Scott's voice was so perfect for the music..............I miss it so much....... :(

I'mRational 08-03-2004 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
Just check their album on Vh1... totally unCreedish. They don't need Stapp...

The album is amazing.......probably will appeal more to musicians than regular folk........I'm going to post my review later.

Kimvan 08-03-2004 10:51 PM

Quote:

Exactly my point.

I'm kind of feel bad for feeling this way about Myles' voice. I want to like AB because of where they are coming from. I liked the music, just not the voice.

Exactly, Shadow. I want to like AB, and I do like the music - Mark, Flip and Brian have all grown as musicians, that much is obvious. But Myles' voice grates on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard...I can't even describe it, can't pinpoint exactly - whiney?? Cracking?? Those are two things that come to mind. He's probably a wonderful person, but I personally don't care for his sound, just my opinion.

farmgirl 08-03-2004 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurquiza
I know I'm not the only one that feels this way............

Scott's voice was so perfect for the music..............I miss it so much....... :(

Hey jurquiza! Just wanted to let you know your cd rocks! :) Hope you're doing good.

Dogstar 08-03-2004 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
does anyone else think myles is more likely to write a lot more lyrics on the next album?

Yes. I think the next album may sound totally different from this one, which would be intriguing as hell.

Creed_Defaultgirl 08-03-2004 10:55 PM

I like his voice, but you guys are right.....maybe he is missing the passion that Scott had, maybe it just doesn't fit the music very well. I'm not exactly sure why I don't like him. And I'm with you Robyn, ooooooooohhhhhhhhing doesn't put passion into the music when it seems that you don't have passion for it anyway. It just makes it sound bad. I think Myles is probably a pretty cool person, but he is definatly not "the best out there." One song that I listened to of theirs that I really really did like alot was "One Day Remains" That one sounds good IMO. I haven't listened to all of them, though. I know if it were Scott singing "In Loving Memory" I would have cried. I almost did, but I think Myles just didn't have it for me in that song.

Just to pick on him, not in a bad way.....me and mom call him goldilocks! sorry Myles..... ;)

musiclover291 08-03-2004 11:12 PM

I agree something is missing

Mr.CreedFreakTN 08-03-2004 11:46 PM

As most of you know I am very pro Stapp , Alter bridge is not Creed they are a very different band now . Frankly I love Myles voice he is everything from Scott Stapp to Chris Cornell even Sabastian Bach. They are going to do very well. I a now most definately fan and Myles voice helped me to be one. Scott Stapp will do well too . Let's just both the best of luck and support them in what they do. One Day Remains is an awesome cd. This is just my opinion. :)

aussiecreeder 08-03-2004 11:53 PM

my honest opinioin here, ODR is better than any creed album and myles is 2 times the vocalist stapp is. flame me if you will......kerri i look forward to the next album already lol.

revisfoot 08-04-2004 12:09 AM

I have to admit as well, Myles has the voice of an angel. His range, depth, and control is phenomenal. I personally think that Myles is much better than Stapp. I love Scott Stapp to death, don't get me wrong, but, listen to him strain so hard in "Wash Away those Years." Then, listen to Myles on "Summergirl" by The Mayfield Four. Myles -- rock on!!

Echelon Soldier 08-04-2004 12:44 AM

hey hey

Quote:

my honest opinioin here, ODR is better than any creed album and myles is 2 times the vocalist stapp is. flame me if you will......kerri i look forward to the next album already lol.

::HIGH FIVE::

Myles is just so much more of an acomplished singer than stapp. His voice isn't for everyone but i certainly love it.
:D

farmgirl 08-04-2004 12:58 AM

The more I hear of these AB songs, the more I dislike Myles voice. I really don't think he's that great of a singer...its just not to my liking. All the oooooooo's are a bit much. Just my opinion.

Echelon Soldier 08-04-2004 01:13 AM

hmm

like i said..he is not for everyone.
can't please everyone....nobody is going to make you people that don't like him listen to AB. If you don't like his voice....don't listen.
it's just that simple. :)

farmgirl 08-04-2004 01:52 AM

Well, I listened to a majority of the songs to see if I liked them better than OYE, which I really didn't. I wanted to give them a fair chance and I think some of the songs are good, but Myles voice doesn't do them justice. ;)

Dogstar 08-04-2004 02:00 AM

Quote:

Well, I will have to hear the whole thing before I say it's better than My Own Prison :D...but I know I'm going to like it :D

aussiecreeder 08-04-2004 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Well, I will have to hear the whole thing before I say it's better than My Own Prison :D...but I know I'm going to like it :D

MOP is very good but ODR is a better album for mine, just more mature. Scott is a very good vocalist but Myles is on another plane in my opinion. No vocalist is going to be loved by all but he can seriously sing.

Dogstar 08-04-2004 03:19 AM

Hmm, indeed Myles kicks ass, but man, MOP just really moved me and grabbed me from the get-go. I will have a better idea of which one I like better when I get to hear the whole thing at once.

Bridge of Clay 08-04-2004 09:05 AM

Just so you know, AB has picked a single for their NEXT album. Apparently, they really liked one of the songs Mark wrote, but that didn't fit into the mood of ODR. So they left it to the next. It's a bluesy song.

I'll be honest: I love old-school Stapp, his voice deteriorated a bit but when mixed he still sounds awesome. I like baritones better and that's just me. But Myles is a hell of a singer: he has the skills, he's trained, he owns!!!

I don't understand why you complain about the "oohhs" when Stapp used to sing "yeaahs", though.

I've always said that "oohs" and "yeahs" are to fill voids when writers didn't know what to write! LOL! Even Submersed has a lot of yeahs too. But it's all good!

The Lithium 08-04-2004 10:33 AM

The album is totally unCreedish, and almost better! :eek:

goddess_bb 08-04-2004 12:20 PM

I am so behind the times here but I finally heard OYE and actually it exceeded my expectations..Mark's guitar work is awesome and I think Myle's voice will grow on me.. I don't think they sound like Creed at all and I am so glad. I was really disappointed in Creed's 3rd album so I actually think what has happened will make them better artists.. it sounds like some ppl need to accept that CREED IS OVER!!

Shadow 08-04-2004 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goddess_bb
it sounds like some ppl need to accept that CREED IS OVER!!

After hearing Scott's beautiful new song, I am sooooo over the Creed break-up. I will always love their music, but Scott can hold his own. He has proved that with Relearn Love.

Bridge of Clay 08-04-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

After hearing Scott's beautiful new song, I am sooooo over the Creed break-up. I will always love their music, but Scott can hold his own. He has proved that with Relearn Love.

He can do on his own with his lyrics and his singing... but with the music backing him up I was kinda disappointed... but I'll only judge when his first real solo single comes out.

And I do miss Creed yet.

SCOTTSMYMAN 08-04-2004 02:23 PM

Well, it's been a verry looong time since I've posted here. I'm currently listening to the new album on VH1. ~Open Your Eyes~ has grown on me some more. AB is definitely not CREED! The sound is very different and I'm soo glad to be hearing Mark play some heavier stuff. They have exceeded my expectations because I really wasn't sure what to expect after hearing the first single. I'm very much liking the heavier sound. I'm such a Scott addicted but Myles has a great voice and I like the range in it. ~In Loving Memory~ is a great song and I can see Scott singing it too. I will definitely be picking up this album.

:crying: I miss Creed,too!!!

WeatheredWoman 08-04-2004 04:38 PM

KRIS!!! :syncdance

Missed you badly... So great to see you again!! :hugs:

I second every word that you just said! I dig Alter Bridge a whole lot better than I expected. But after hearing both, AB and our beloved Scott, I just realized how much I miss CREED even more... I thought I was "over" it... :confused:

jurquiza 08-04-2004 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmgirl
Hey jurquiza! Just wanted to let you know your cd rocks! :) Hope you're doing good.

Hey farmgirl,

Thanks for the post. We're doing good. We're getting some area play in our area and around Iowa and Illinois. Hopefully good things will happen. Good to hear from ya.

Shadow 08-04-2004 10:49 PM

Quote:

He can do on his own with his lyrics and his singing... but with the music backing him up I was kinda disappointed... but I'll only judge when his first real solo single comes out.

And I do miss Creed yet.

Marcos, I will always miss Creed. But it has gotten much easier for me now that I know Scott can do solo and do it well! I loved Creed for the songs and for Scott's voice. With Relearn Love, we have Scott back and I am thrilled.

I just didn't get that satisfaction with AB. I guess it's because I really, really missed Scott's voice.

farmgirl 08-05-2004 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurquiza
Hey farmgirl,

Thanks for the post. We're doing good. We're getting some area play in our area and around Iowa and Illinois. Hopefully good things will happen. Good to hear from ya.

You're welcome Jose! :) I'm glad you guys are getting some air play and if you come to Wisconsin, I'll be there. :D I'm sure good things will happen for you...you have alot of talent.

ttyl
Rose

The Lithium 08-06-2004 01:40 PM

Quote:

I just didn't get that satisfaction with AB. I guess it's because I really, really missed Scott's voice.

I think that too, and I don't think you even want to like either AB or Myles. (Just my thought, I might be wrong, but to me it seems like many Stapp diehards wants to hate AB)

The Lithium 08-06-2004 01:43 PM

Quote:

I think his solo record will be better, and I also expected more, but Relearn Love have really growen in me, and it's a great message.

Shadow 08-06-2004 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM
I think that too, and I don't think you even want to like either AB or Myles. (Just my thought, I might be wrong, but to me it seems like many Stapp diehards wants to hate AB)

Lith, that's not the fact at all. I wanted to like AB. Mark and Scott had meant so much to each other, best friends, brothers. I had every intention of getting the CD.

But in all honestly, and especially after hearing the AB album, I got so turned off by Myles. I thought the music was great. In Loving Memory - the lyrics are beautiful - but I think Myles singing ruined the song. JMO.

And, I don't know if you have heard any of AB's comments this week from the interviews they have been doing - but it's starting all over again. When it comes to Scott they should say NOTHING! They made a comment about him in regard to Chicago, made a comment about WAWO. It sure hasn't taken them long to forget where they came from and who helped get them to where they are now. If Mark has a problem with WAWO then he should return the Grammy.

I could go on and on about this, but I really don't want to start an argument with anyone. Everyone has their own opinions. I am not against AB. I'm just more for Scott.