CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   AB is totally different from Creed (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7175)

The Lithium 08-06-2004 09:47 PM

Yes, you listened to it, but I'm not the one to tell if you gave them a fair chance... It's too bad you don't like AB, I think, but yes, they are totally different from Creed, that's what this thread is about. We all got to this board for our love to Creed, and I have choosen to join the Alter Bridge boards we well.

aussiecreeder 08-07-2004 05:50 AM

i agee with lith and don't think he sounds cold at all. he does a great job vocally on this record i think and live the experience will be great as he adds a second VERY competent guitarist to the band. that is something that creed lacked although i'm curious to see how stapp's guitar abilites have come along. is he up to playing for extended periods these days?

next AB album is the one though when myles is more likely to write most of the lyrics (or more than this one) and then he'll be passionately behind the lyrics 100% if he is not already.

The Lithium 08-07-2004 06:59 AM

He is passionately behind the lyrics to 110%!!

aussiecreeder 08-07-2004 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM
He is passionately behind the lyrics to 110%!!

seriously it can't be the easiest thing to sing lyrics you didn't write even if you did co-write some of them. i've noticed a small difference but a difference nonetheless in comparison to mayfield four's second skin for instance. its barely there and he sings with passion but its just detectable. ODR is simply amazing but the next album should be even better. flip will grow even more (his drumming has improved out of sight) and myles will write more both musically and lyrically which can only be a good thing.

WhatsUrCreed 08-07-2004 05:12 PM

PLease lets not get outta hand here...I agree...ODR is a decent effort at a good album...it doesnt compare to what creed took 10 years to achieve...

As for Myles...he needs to write his own lyrics...or at least have some imput into the songs...you cant pretend to have passion for the words you are singing...and lets not jump the gun about an Alter Bridge second album...you never know what may happen

Trees of Wisdom 08-07-2004 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatsUrCreed
PLease lets not get outta hand here...I agree...ODR is a decent effort at a good album...it doesnt compare to what creed took 10 years to achieve...

As for Myles...he needs to write his own lyrics...or at least have some imput into the songs...you cant pretend to have passion for the words you are singing...and lets not jump the gun about an Alter Bridge second album...you never know what may happen

Alter Bridge is a more mature Creed and with an upgrade for leadsinger.

Myles just owns Scott Stapp. Scott has no range and always suffers from throat problems. Scott also isn't as good at guitar as Myles is and Scott is just an ego maniac and has way too many issues for the other members to deal with.

aussiecreeder 08-07-2004 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
Alter Bridge is a more mature Creed and with an upgrade for leadsinger.

Myles just owns Scott Stapp. Scott has no range and always suffers from throat problems. Scott also isn't as good at guitar as Myles is and Scott is just an ego maniac and has way too many issues for the other members to deal with.

scott does have some range and his voice was awesome up until the american legs of the weathered tour. saying that i agree that AB is better than Creed ever was. the music is so more mature, the muscianship is much better (man flip has gone up a couple of notches) and kennedy is a better singer than stapp and the only people i've seen on the net disagree is on such sites as this. neutral opinion has AB being better than Creed by a fair margin, surely that must count for something.

Trees of Wisdom 08-07-2004 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
scott does have some range and his voice was awesome up until the american legs of the weathered tour. saying that i agree that AB is better than Creed ever was. the music is so more mature, the muscianship is much better (man flip has gone up a couple of notches) and kennedy is a better singer than stapp and the only people i've seen on the net disagree is on such sites as this. neutral opinion has AB being better than Creed by a fair margin, surely that must count for something.

Scott yelled too much. He isn't too much of a technical vocalist. Hence the "yarling" he does. Scott only used his throat and that killed him.

All hail to Myles and Mark and Flip's new venture!

Dogstar 08-07-2004 09:16 PM

Quote:

... and lets not jump the gun about an Alter Bridge second album...you never know what may happen

Nobody's jumping the gun. Some of us have heard what he did with the Mayfield Four and on that alone, I think his input will have an impact on the next album, if there is one. I, for one, am very interested in what I hope will be another album.

aussiecreeder 08-07-2004 09:24 PM

Quote:

Scott yelled too much. He isn't too much of a technical vocalist. Hence the "yarling" he does. Scott only used his throat and that killed him.

All hail to Myles and Mark and Flip's new venture!

he's vastly different to myles for instance. he didn't grow up in bands and receive training and the technical side was picked up along the way. anyhow in a more positive direction myles was a great writer for the mayfield four (second skin is proof) and if as i hope he writes more for the next album (a single is already planned for it that bluesy number) then it can even better than ODR which would mean this band would be unbelievably good.

I'mRational 08-07-2004 11:02 PM

In the singing world, passion is nice, but it alone (especially when used to mask lack of ability) doesn't cut it.

Trees of Wisdom 08-08-2004 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
he's vastly different to myles for instance. he didn't grow up in bands and receive training and the technical side was picked up along the way. anyhow in a more positive direction myles was a great writer for the mayfield four (second skin is proof) and if as i hope he writes more for the next album (a single is already planned for it that bluesy number) then it can even better than ODR which would mean this band would be unbelievably good.

I'm not sure if Myles should write lyrics or not, since Mark has done such a good job so far. You don't mess with success.

Dogstar 08-08-2004 12:41 AM

Quote:

I'm not sure if Myles should write lyrics or not, since Mark has done such a good job so far. You don't mess with success.

The lyrics for AB have been hit or miss, IMO, so I think it would be good if they collaborated on the next album. Myles wrote some pretty decent stuff for the Mayfield Four.

WhatsUrCreed 08-08-2004 01:43 AM

i dunno....personally i do not think AB can ever achieve the success that Creed once had but I am interested in seeing if I can be proven wrong. Nonetheless I am buying the AB cd...for collections sake

Trees of Wisdom 08-08-2004 02:04 AM

Quote:

i dunno....personally i do not think AB can ever achieve the success that Creed once had but I am interested in seeing if I can be proven wrong. Nonetheless I am buying the AB cd...for collections sake

Alter Bridge would not sell as much as Creed because Alter Bridge don't have an image. Creed had the christian image that helped them sell a lot.

Even if Alter Bridge doesn't sell as much as Creed did, they will still have gotten more respect than Creed ever did, and that's what I think makes all the more important.