CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   music for christmas? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5344)

hide 12-25-2003 09:11 PM

music for christmas?

i did preddy well i think i got one cd plus got two others with a voucher:

Jeff Buckley-Grace
APC-Mer De Norms
Peppers-Greatest Hits

Creed_Defaultgirl 12-25-2003 10:26 PM

Is Buckley good? I'd never heard of him until Default did a cover of one of his songs! I'd like to hear some of his songs though!

Sincirr 12-25-2003 10:34 PM

Jeff is totally awesome! Grace is brilliant. Definately a sad loss to the music world. Amidst others, Grace is a spectacular album. His voice is just amazing, and I just love the moods he produces, and the attention to detail in the mix. Believe it or not, the first thing that struck me about Buckley was his Zeppelin influence. Do check him out.

I bought myself RATM live as an early Christmas present for myself! No CD's this year...ripped off!

TeriB19 12-25-2003 11:00 PM

I got the Duran Duran Greatest DVD. It is the best gift I got this year, other than the smiles on my daughters' faces as they opened their gifts.

Dogstar 12-25-2003 11:05 PM

I just bought that Jeff Buckley CD a couple of months ago. It's beautiful. There was one song on it that brought me to tears! And Mer de Noms rocks, hide! Enjoy.

I didn't get any tunes for Christmas, but that's OK, because I do a damn good job of keeping myself well-supplied :D.

Higher_Desire 12-26-2003 01:06 AM

Cool. I got: The Long Road by Nickelback and Picking Up The Pieces by Seventh Day Slumber. I also made a semi-illegal copy (burn) of my sister's copy of Closer by Josh Groban.

H-D :xmas:

Wylde-Tremonti 12-26-2003 12:57 PM

THE BLESSED HELLRIDE BY BLACK LABEL SOCIETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zakk wylde is so freakin amazing... plays Guitar... Sings... Bass... Piano... MAN... my 2nd fav guitarist now...

Dogstar 12-26-2003 01:19 PM

Way cool, Matt. I'm going to sample some BLS soon. I have one of Zakk's solo CDs, Book of Shadows, and it's amazing. Much more mellow than the BLS stuff, but really sweet.

Wylde-Tremonti 12-26-2003 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Way cool, Matt. I'm going to sample some BLS soon. I have one of Zakk's solo CDs, Book of Shadows, and it's amazing. Much more mellow than the BLS stuff, but really sweet.

you should really check out the next BLS album when i comes out.. it's gonna be mostly acoustic/piano...

Dogstar 12-26-2003 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB
you should really check out the next BLS album when i comes out.. it's gonna be mostly acoustic/piano...

Really? Wow, I definitely will, thanks!

JulieCitySlicker 12-26-2003 03:34 PM

Didn't get any cd's for Christmas this year :( Oh Well! Thats what after Christmas sales are for :D

Creed_Defaultgirl 12-27-2003 12:00 AM

I haven't gotten any CD's this year so far. We have a family Christmas tomorow, so I don't know what I'll get there! But I did get a totaly awesome new radio! It's a 5 disk changer, and it's got bass booster, and big speakers and......I could go on! I'd like to get Default's limited edition version of 'The Fallout'. That would be awesome! I got my Mom the U2 CD.

hide 12-27-2003 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl
I haven't gotten any CD's this year so far. We have a family Christmas tomorow, so I don't know what I'll get there! But I did get a totaly awesome new radio! It's a 5 disk changer, and it's got bass booster, and big speakers and......I could go on! I'd like to get Default's limited edition version of 'The Fallout'. That would be awesome! I got my Mom the U2 CD.

This might change but I actually prefer 13th step right now. Jeff Buckley is a great singer, the music is really mellow. Its not the best driving music but great while relaxing, studying etc:

Dogstar 12-27-2003 06:11 AM

LOL, that's true about Buckley. It's definitely glass-of-wine, reflecting-mood kind of music :D. Really good in the headphones.

hide 12-27-2003 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
LOL, that's true about Buckley. It's definitely glass-of-wine, reflecting-mood kind of music :D. Really good in the headphones.

Buckley is great atmospheric sort of background music and he is such a loss for sure!