CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AB to hit the studio Feb. 16!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11554)

Dogstar 02-12-2007 04:03 PM

AB to hit the studio Feb. 16!!

This was posted today at abb.net....woooo-hoooooooooo!
"I promised you a date and here it is!

Pre- Production begins on Feb. 16th. Alter Bridge will be recording in Nashville, TN.

For those who are wondering what pre-production is.... it is a week to two week process in which the band sits down with the producer and goes through all the demos. They then exchange ideas on the songs, choose what will actually get recorded and then the band hammers out the final arrangements of the decided upon songs.

Stay tuned for more info as it happens!!!

Michael Tremonti"
http://alterbridgeband.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10095

guitardude1985 02-12-2007 04:13 PM

Re: AB to hit the studio Feb. 16!!

Sounds great. About time, but with all the hub bub with finding a producer and finding another label I can't wait to hear what this will sound like.

Dogstar 02-12-2007 04:19 PM

I know! I'm very excited. I'm so curious about what it will sound like now that Wind Up is out of the picture.

guitardude1985 02-13-2007 07:08 PM

Well, now that wind-up is out of the picture I'm more than sure that there will be no presure to re-hash OYE. However I will say this, why in the hell did ODR or DTML not become singles? I think ODR is one hell of a rocker and DTML had serious potential.

Dogstar 02-13-2007 09:17 PM

Yeah, ODR is kick-ass. Didn't have enough of the "Creed" sound for Wind Up, I guess.

revisfoot 02-13-2007 11:08 PM

Seriously. Wind-Up is my new most-hated label. They simply suck the life out of their artists. Where's 12 Stones? Where's Edgewater? Where's People On Planes? Oh, yeah, they got shoved under the rug in favor of Evanescence.

My new FAVORITE label? Tooth & Nail, most definetly. So awesome. Such great artists under that label, and no one is treated like a red-headed stepchild.

OMG...what if Alter Bridge went to Tooth & Nail? That would be CRAZY.

titan9 02-13-2007 11:27 PM

Tooth & Nail's a Christian label, though. It'd only bring up the whole "OMG! Alter Bridge is a Christian band!" thing. ;) Although I do love Tooth & Nail.

I heard a rumor that they were signing with Roadrunner. I so hope this is not true.

Dogstar 02-14-2007 12:14 AM

Good God, I despise both Wind Up and Roadrunner, who screwed over Jerry Cantrell. If you weren't Nickelback, they wouldn't promote you. Roadrunner bites, seriously.

Steve 02-14-2007 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Good God, I despise both Wind Up and Roadrunner, who screwed over Jerry Cantrell. If you weren't Nickelback, they wouldn't promote you. Roadrunner bites, seriously.

Roadrunner just got bought out by Warner Music Group though so things may change over there. They also run Atlantic Records.

titan9 02-14-2007 10:48 AM

Yeah, I despise Roadrunner as well. I just do not think that would be a good fit for AB, even if they were just bought out.

Dogstar 02-14-2007 12:19 PM

^^^Agreed. They may have more money for marketing and promotions, but it also means a greater chance of further homogenization of the music.

titan9 02-14-2007 12:30 PM

Yup. And I see another WU-ish situation developing. RR would probably give AB somewhat of a push for the new album, then abandon them to promote Nickelback.

J.T. 02-14-2007 05:57 PM

Yeah I dont think they should go with Roadrunner, it wouldnt turn out too well because of Nickelback. Lots of people over at the Nickelback forums have things against Roadrunner, and are happy that they are being bought out. Hopefully things change over there.

Agent D 02-14-2007 07:53 PM

So if they're going into the studio, how close are they to signing with a label?

tremonti4life04 02-15-2007 02:38 AM

I see alter bridge going to Atlantic Records. For some reason, that would just make the most sense. Look at other modern bands like them that are there. I dont see why any major label wouldnt take them, alter bridge is a cash cow, and if promoted right could equal the stardom of bands like nickelback, dont forget where AB spawned from.

So, all in all, im saying its Atlantic Records.