CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Alter Bridge/Stapp Article From Metal Edge (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8179)

titan9 12-13-2004 08:50 PM

Yeah, but maybe that's not Stapp's fault?(about not releasing an album yet) He's still working on his album. He's had his choice as his backing band(The Tea Party) drop out of working on the project. To me, you can't compare the two until February/March or whenever Stapp releases his solo album. I'm just tired of seeing the negativity when it comes to Stapp.

Dogstar 12-13-2004 09:01 PM

Well, the negativity will continue as long as he keeps performing poorly in public. I for one, thought the God Bless America song was done poorly, as I have said before. I haven't seen the NASCAR thing. And there are people who aren't happy that he's out there playing Creed songs without the rest of Creed.

titan9 12-13-2004 09:06 PM

I understand that. But I don't see the point of bashing him here, in the AB forum. I think the focus in this forum should be on AB, not the former lead singer of Creed.

benkenobi 12-13-2004 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Well, the negativity will continue as long as he keeps performing poorly in public. I for one, thought the God Bless America song was done poorly, as I have said before. I haven't seen the NASCAR thing. And there are people who aren't happy that he's out there playing Creed songs without the rest of Creed.

You beat me to it Dogstar. But if Stapp would stop ripping off Creed songs with backup bands that are making jokes out of the songs we grew to love from the original then maybe the negativity would subside somewhat. As long as he keeps promoting his solo career with Creed songs then I WON'T support. He should trust in his own NEW solo stuff that's going to appear on his album anyhow.

TeriB19 12-13-2004 09:14 PM

Great article Michael, thanks. And Kerri, that Q&A had me laughing my butt off. Mark needs to come down here and make peacemaker with my kids (Damian and Satan for those of you who don't know). :flamer:

Dogstar 12-13-2004 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
I understand that. But I don't see the point of bashing him here, in the AB forum. I think the focus in this forum should be on AB, not the former lead singer of Creed.

The article also mentions AB, so that's probably why it was posted here. And this is also a Creed board, not just AB.

Teri, that's a great idea! I wonder what he would charge ;)

XenoN 12-13-2004 09:25 PM

Both of those articles are nice. I enjoyed them. They got me thinking also, so here goes...

Here's my take on why it's justified to be negative about Stapp.

As others have said, he has one song. Just one. According to several, even from what Myles says about Mark, Mark is always playing and always writing stuff. Sure, after Weathered and all that, the guys took some time off.

What I'm getting to is that if Stapp was as focused on the music as Mark, he would have an album's worth of material. He could have lyrics and, with his money, could have a backup band write the music part of that and get it down. He obviously is content with the millions of dollars he has, and doesn't have to make music to get on with life.

I believe that he wrote that one song because someone asked him to do it. He probably though that since Mark and AB had material on the way, he should get his name out there. The reasoning for this would be this: If Stapp didn't release any material...

1) The fans that heard ABs stuff when it came out would wonder "What happened to Stapp?" Then they'd see that NOTHING was happening and realize that Stapp wasn't a true brain behind the music of Creed.
2) Due to number 1, Stapp would fade into the background. His only hope would be the small amount of Stapp enthusiasts left.

This is why I think Stapp wrote (or someone else wrote it for him) this song. His name would be on the board during the arrival of Alter Bridge. This was the only way Stapp would be able to survive.

It'll only work temporarily, because if he waits another few years, he'll go almost completely unnoticed. When Mark was interviewed about how he moved from Creed, he mentioned something to the effect of 'if we were to keep going with this, it'd take years for us to get another record out.'

With "Relearn Love" being the only thing Stapp has to show for his musical drive and work ethic for music, it looks like Stapp will soon fade.

titan9 12-13-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
The article also mentions AB, so that's probably why it was posted here. And this is also a Creed board, not just AB.

True. ;)

RMadd 12-13-2004 10:24 PM

I'd say all this "Stapp-bashing" is fairly warranted by now. I won't bother to enumerate the reasons, as they've already been listed, by both Dogstar and XenoN. IMHO, it's not really Stapp-bashing so much as it is being disappointed with what we've seen & heard from him in the past year.

titan9 12-13-2004 10:35 PM

That's true, it's somewhat disappointing. I'm disappointed there hasn't been a solo album yet and disappointed with the lack of news about his solo album. And I do admit I'm disappointed he's playing Creed songs. If he played WAWO acoustically, you know just him playing and singing, it wouldn't bother me. But I still think you can't compare AB and Stapp right now. It isn't a fair comparison.

RMadd 12-13-2004 10:47 PM

I, personally, am not comparing Stapp to AB as of yet. And I'll admit, the author of the article--though he admits to never having liked Creed and, esp, Stapp--does make some valid points. Stapp just seems to be all hella discombobulated right about now, with no real signs of improvement. It's like... it's like he's a pennypinching owner of an MLB franchise who wants to win the World Series... or something like that.

titan9 12-13-2004 10:50 PM

Yeah, I know you aren't. But some are. Like I said, I'm an equal fan so if this was happening to AB, I'd be saying the same things. I agree, Stapp probably is a bit messed up right now, maybe still adjusting to the break up, maybe in a little bit of denial over it. But who knows. I don't know the guy personally, so I can't comment on him personally. But I do know his music and I can say I like Relearn Love and I'm pumped about his solo career. I think he sounded good vocally at the Nascar awards and sounded okay at the WS. My opinion, though.

Torn Daredevil 12-13-2004 11:06 PM

He's just so full of shit I don't know what to believe anymore. I was OK with him until the Nascar performance, but that was total sacrilege... I really doubt his album will be out anytime next year, or that he actually has any material other than "Relearn Love," which was mediocre at best. Someone needs to reason with those fucking PBF nuts... LOL

At least we have Alter Bridge :-)

shiver 12-14-2004 12:02 AM

You know, I was willing at some point to give Stapp a second chance. Everybody deserves a second chance. I think especially for me after hearing his comments about why he wrote Relearn Love, but I think after hearing stuff from AB and the article from the Tea Party (right?), it sounds like he is the same old Scott. He reminds me of a friend from high school, who was the kind of person that, depending on who was around, he was different. If he was around Christians, he was a Christian, if he was around guys who liked to drink and party, he liked to drink and party. But, thats another subject, I guess, and I think it is true that Stapp is riding the Creed wave. But hey, somebody has got to promote the greatest hits album right? Thats what it is. Too bad I can now sing better than him.

tremonti4life04 12-14-2004 12:03 AM

Actually, i believe that stapp is currently WALKING, YES WALKING to Mount Siani in Egypt to write his next record, man will it be a doozie, ill tell ya what. There on that mountain, a flaming bush will appear....and write his lyrics for him.