CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dream Theatre (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5977)

JenRN 02-29-2004 04:29 PM

Dream Theatre

Anyone familiar with them?

Dogstar 02-29-2004 04:33 PM

I've heard one album by them. They're good musicians, but I can't get into their stuff. I don't know why, it just doesn't do anything for me.

hotforscott 02-29-2004 04:44 PM

2 of their albums I have heard are tolerable, but I have heard that others aren't really that great. I have heard from numerous people that if you like Evergrey, you'll like Dream Theater, but I haven't given them a listen yet.

Dogstar 02-29-2004 05:04 PM

Wow, really? They seem so different from each other. I like Evergrey, but not Dream Theater.

hotforscott 02-29-2004 06:02 PM

I know, EVERY magazine or review I have read they compare the 2, but I don't think from what I have heard about Dream Theater that I will think they are anywhere close to the same. I guess it's all a matter of opinion and mine is usually out of the norm....LOL!

Dogstar 02-29-2004 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotforscott
I know, EVERY magazine or review I have read they compare the 2, but I don't think from what I have heard about Dream Theater that I will think they are anywhere close to the same. I guess it's all a matter of opinion and mine is usually out of the norm....LOL!

Hahah, me, too. I'll have to borrow my friend's DT CD and compare them to Evergrey. I haven't heard DT in a long time, so maybe my memory of them is fading, but to me they seem more prog rock, while Evergrey is more straight-ahead anthemic rock.

hotforscott 02-29-2004 06:15 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. I will have to give them a listen as well.

JenRN 02-29-2004 06:16 PM

I am going to see them in New Darby Pa in April with a "guy"! ;) I have listened to some of thier stuff it is alright, but not my total cup of tea.

Dogstar 02-29-2004 06:24 PM

Well, have a nice time, my friend! :D :dancing:...Hey, it's live music, right? Unless it's some genre I really despise, I can make the best of it...I'm sure you will, too, Jen ;).

hotforscott 02-29-2004 06:27 PM

Interesting. I hope you have fun, Jen. Sounds like a good time. Do you have any idea who will be with them? I may be able to give you some insight on some of the openers, if I have heard of them.

devils_here 02-29-2004 07:34 PM

I've heard 2 of their albums and really enjoyed them.

My favorite is Images and Words. I love it. It's kinda progressive rock. Give it a listen and tell me what you think.

I've seen them once live about 7 years ago and they put on a pretty good show. I hope you have fun at the show in April.

RMadd 03-01-2004 04:11 PM

I've got a couple of their CD's (Scenes from a Memory and Train of Thought). If you like them, check out Liquid Tension Experiment. I'm not particuarly fond of DT's lyrics, and LTE's music is even better, but without lyrics. I've got both of LTE's CDs, if you want some o' that.

facelessman 03-01-2004 05:06 PM

i heard theyre awesome

JenRN 03-22-2004 08:47 AM

I have incredible Orchestra seats for this show. Can't wait. I LOVE their latest CD, heavier than the others. I am craving live music!

devils_here 03-22-2004 12:26 PM

I hope you have you have a blast Jen :D