CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Michael posts at the Pit (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6136)

Trees of Wisdom 03-20-2004 10:50 PM

Michael posts at the Pit

"Just wanted to let you all know that the new band is playing a little private showcase tonight for friends and a few industry people. I thought maybe one of you should be in attendence to witness this so I invited CreedGoddess up(Alicia) and she is on her way as we speak. I hope she makes it in time as I gave her almost no notice(haha). Anyway, I'm sure she will give a report to you all when she gets back home. I'm very excited to have a Creed fan hear this and get thier impressions. Talk to you all soon.

Michael"

Someone from the mt.net boards told us his/her experience at the private show. His/her name is TremsRoadie. I'll later post what he/she had to say about it. Also evyllsummer had something to say about the show.

Steve 03-21-2004 02:00 AM

I need to move to Florida...

velocityidp 03-21-2004 02:12 AM

[posted by Creedgoddess on creedpit.com]

I'm baaaaaack! Approximately 9 hours after I left for Orlando which was 8 hours after I had gotten up with 3 kids. Needless to say I'm wiped, so forgive me if this post is all over the place.

First and foremost, a huge "Thank You" to Michael Tremonti for your gracious invitation. And to Mark and the guys for be willing to let me sit in tonight. I am truly honored.

They played 12 songs tonight. They have about 30 songs in all, the majority of which are complete. The songs cover a wide range (in style, nuance and tempo, heavy to soft) but they all share one thing: they are classic, straight-up, old school ROCK & ROLL Songs you can embrace from the moment you hear them.

The limitations of working in a rehearsal space aside, I thought it sounded damn good in there. Afterwards Michael told me that both Mark and the lead singer were very frustrated in not being able to hear their own voices. Apparently there were mistakes made and some things were off. But this non-musician would never have known the difference. No, I wasn't in a 40,000 seat stadium, and no I wasn't listening to an engineered cd. But it sure sounded good to me!

The lead singer: (now we are intelligent folk and can look around this place and make a fairly educated guess as to who it is, but for the purposes of this post I will refer to him as "the lead singer"). His voice is simply amazing. He is a musician and he is trained. The difference is qualitative. You can hear it immediately. He has incredible control over his voice and he can take it places! There are songs where you can't believe you are listening to the same guy. That's how much talent and range this guy has. Now granted, this was a rehearsal space and not a concert, but it is my opinion that for this lead singer, it's more about musicianship and less about showmanship. You get my drift.

Mark: Finally. We are getting to hear this boy play! Really play. Most of the songs have guitar solos (Hail the return of the guitar solo! It's about damn time!) The music really allows Mark to showcase his talents. To this untrained ear, it sounds as if Mark's influences come from a wide range of music and you can hear that in the songs he's written.

Flip: Damn boy! What have you been eating for breakfast? I've never heard Flip play like he played tonight! He is really coming into his own.

Brian: You all will have to forgive me, because I came into Creed after Brian had already left. I can't speak for his playing based on any previous experience. He pretty much stayed off to the side and and concentrated on doing his thing. Michael tells me Brian is still working on getting to know the songs and will become more comfortable as time goes on.

One song in particular: Metalingus (as it's currently known, but whose name will be changed for the cd). IT'S OUT OF CONTROL! . Heavy heavy. And I couldn't decide which was more insane; the lead singer's voice, Mark's guitar playing, or Flip on the drums. The song frikkin rocks!

Of course they all rocked. Every time they played the next song I thought "that's my favorite". I thought that for just about every song. There is one song that Mark wrote for his mom. It's moving and powerful. But it stays strong and never gets sappy. I don't know how Mark does it.

I'll be honest. Watching them all together I did not once think of Creed. These guys are their own band. With their own sound. And after only two months together it already seems easy and natural between them. I get the feeling that Mark and Flip are in a time and place where they can really stretch and do what they want to musically.

Again, I was honored to have been in the room. I hope I have done them justice with this little report of mine. I wish these guys nothing but the best. And I for one will be happily waiting in the ticket line.

aussiecreeder 03-21-2004 06:50 AM

WOW I am insanely jealous! why couldn't it have been poor little old me? all those times defending Creed on the PJ board and for what hey? only kidding but wow what a privlidge. Great to hear Flip is coming in to his own and i'm sure Brian will be just fine. I think we can all safely assume Myles Kennedy is the lead singer. Metalingus is a cool name for a loud rocker but if its commercial sounding perhaps a name change would be good. Can you tell us if "the lead singer" has contributed lyrics or is it all Mark? I'm so exicted and I and I just can't hide it......you know you know I love you LMAO

JenRN 03-21-2004 09:41 AM

Way cool...... I wonder how any of us can go to a "gathering" like this. Hell I would hop on a plane to Orlando pronto to go to something like this. I can't wait to hear them. Sounds AWESOME!!!!!

Bridge of Clay 03-21-2004 11:00 AM

and how about the time I spent defending and promoting Creed here in Brazil? hehehe

Since it's complicated for me to go to FL, I'b be thankful with the demo CD through the mail! hehehehe LOL! ;)

Steve 03-21-2004 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
and how about the time I spent defending and promoting Creed here in Brazil? hehehe

Since it's complicated for me to go to FL, I'b be thankful with the demo CD through the mail! hehehehe LOL! ;)

Yea, I think for the time being I'll be happy with that too Marcos ;)

Sheila63 03-21-2004 11:54 AM

Very cool!! I wish I could've been there myself. I can't wait to hear the cd!!

Wylde-Tremonti 03-21-2004 01:42 PM

Hey that Reminds Me GUYS!!! i recently Saw "ROCKSTAR" on VH1... AND DAMN... DAMN DAMN!!!! MYLES IS INSANE!!!!

Trees of Wisdom 03-21-2004 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB
Hey that Reminds Me GUYS!!! i recently Saw "ROCKSTAR" on VH1... AND DAMN... DAMN DAMN!!!! MYLES IS INSANE!!!!

I need to watch that movie!

Bridge of Clay 03-21-2004 02:51 PM

hey, let's toast and pray for that, Steve! :)

question about rockstar:

-Myles is the fan that appears on the last concert, right?

Wylde-Tremonti 03-21-2004 02:53 PM

Yeah... the one that Get's On Stage and Tears It UP!!!!

titanguy9 03-21-2004 09:02 PM

need tremonti ahhh

Dogstar 03-22-2004 01:29 AM

WOW, thanks for posting that, velocity. It sounds kick-ass! I sooooooooo can't wait for this!

facelessman 03-22-2004 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
WOW, thanks for posting that, velocity. It sounds kick-ass! I sooooooooo can't wait for this!

ditto!