CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Creed album in danger!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5620)

The Lithium 01-21-2004 10:52 AM

New Creed album in danger!!

You see... I've figured this out myself, so it's not official.

Here's what Mark shall be doing under 2004:

-New Creed release
-Doing the band with Flip and Brian
-Put out a solo album

That's the things that are for sure... But watch this! As Mark have said the Submersed album won't be out untill Juni. Mark have also said that the new band with Flip and Brian will put out their album in Augusti. That means that these two band maybe will tour together and make a kick ass show every night. If Mark shall do all this he will totally chrach down! I know that his sounds a little far-fetched 'cause Creed have said that there will be an album and they have not said anything about this tour... But this what's eating me:

Did anyone of you get the latest Wind-up e-news mail? It said "Coming up 2004". And I'm tellin' you! There was every single album that will be out this year, except Creed's. And Mark said at NAMM that Stapp was booted and that he is not writing with him anymore. So there is a chance that this could be right. It's all very far-fetched but the thing I'm worried about is that Wind-up didn't said anything about the new album. Maybe Mark will skip it...

chafin24 01-21-2004 10:58 AM

can you post the new e-news from windup records, and i have not recieved mine yet.

creed_sweden 01-21-2004 11:04 AM

the solo thing is the same as the flip/brian band...am i right?

i take this in swedish for my buddy to clear things up for him...:)...

som jag skrev till dig på lunar så sa jag väl att Marks solo grej e samma som det bandet med Phillips och Marshall...

lätt att han kommer hinna...:D

i can see your faces...theyr covered with " :confused: "...;)

DangerousDan85 01-21-2004 01:55 PM

Funny Pic

creedsister 01-21-2004 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDan85

your the man im laughing my LMAO :cool:

Bridge of Clay 01-21-2004 03:02 PM

no, no... :nono:

You know like when you go to the movies and there are posters of movies that are coming up? They don't have every single movie. Besides, WU wanna promote their unknown bands. Creed needs no promotion, specially for a Grand Hits album. It also doesn't say "Mark's new band in August 27th or whatsoever"...

RMadd 01-21-2004 03:36 PM

Lith... if you don't mind, try not to post any rehashings of, as Dan so pointed out, old news... people get worked up over it, and, quite frankly, I don't wanna see anything anymore that is not directly from Wind-Up, I don't care if people claim Mark said this and that... I'm going with what's official, b/c all this convoluted hear-say can be a bunch of b.s.

Higher_Desire 01-21-2004 04:02 PM

Maybe when Mark supposidly said "Stapp got the boot" (which keep in mind, this was paraphrased from some dude who supposidly talked to Mark at NAMM) he meant that there was a boot that Stapp was saving his money to buy. Maybe he said "boots" and not just "boot." Maybe he just got special boots.

#2, Mark also never said anything (that I remember) that he was not writing with Stapp anymore. Perhaps if Stapp was kicked out (which I find unlikely), they have already completed the work that they were going to do for the new release.

#3, What is Brett Hestla doing? I know we've asked this before, and no one really knows, but maybe had to leave for a while to do something, and another new bassist was needed. Possibly a reason as to why Hestla was never officially added to Creed -- They maybe knew when he had to leave. Maybe Mark and Flip thought they could get Marshall back, and because of the bad blood we know about between Stapp and Marshall, Stapp didn't want to have anything to do with it, so he left. Possibly, since it is labeled as a SIDE PROJECT, Hestla will come back again, and therefore bring back Stapp, Tremonti, and Phillips. **Please Note: This is just my OPINION. It may be completly wrong, as many of my opinions are.

H-D :hypno:

facelessman 01-21-2004 07:38 PM

Lol

The Lithium 01-22-2004 08:59 AM

• One: I just wanted to know what's up 'cause I haven't been online lately, no time.
• Two: If Mark's solo is the same thing as "the Flip and Brian band" it ain't no solo, right?

Aimee 01-22-2004 11:13 AM

Right!

TeriB19 01-22-2004 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
Maybe when Mark supposidly said "Stapp got the boot" (which keep in mind, this was paraphrased from some dude who supposidly talked to Mark at NAMM) he meant that there was a boot that Stapp was saving his money to buy. Maybe he said "boots" and not just "boot." Maybe he just got special boots.

I think he finally saved up enough money to get that cute little pair of Coach boots he saw in the window. Or, or, or, even better, maybe he only had enough money for one, so he was only able to get ONE boot. Hence, "Scott got the boot." Let's analyze EVERYTHING!!! :D

Dogstar 01-22-2004 11:42 AM

LMAO, Teri!!!

Aimee, I LOVE your sig!!! :D

Lissa 01-22-2004 11:59 AM

Just my thoughts

Hi Everyone... this is my first, and probably last post. I thank you in advance for letting me "vent". I came to this site originally to see if there was any info. on an upcoming DVD release and started reading. What great fans CREED has.

I have not been a CREED fan for all that long. Maybe a year. Scott Stapp's incredible voice and lyrics is what originally drew me in, but it quickly became more than that. Everytime I listen to their music I hear or notice something more. I don't believe CREED is Scott Stapp, Mark Tremonti, or Scott Phillips. It's the essence of all three of them together. CREED has it's own magic. It's much bigger than the individual. Scott Stapp can go solo, Mark Tremonti can start up a new band with Scott Phillips, but I don't believe they will ever duplicate what they have had with CREED. They were very lucky to accomplish this once in their lives. They had just the right combination. Many bands have went their seperate ways in the past (I'm sure you don't need a list) only to regroup. They never found what they had with another band or on their own. The magic or the feeling just wasn't there.

I noticed that Mark's brother monitors this site. I hope that he passes on a message. His fans.... the CREED fans... deserve more than they are getting. The rumors, the inuendos, the politically correct statements from the record company. The men of CREED need to step up together and make an announcement. No gorey details, just "it's over" or "we'll be back". I think they can stand in the same room for that long together. Your fans supported you... it's time to support them and let them know from all of YOU where this is going. Put it to rest. The members of CREED do not need all this hype for their fans to support them. They'll be behind you. You are all incredibly talented and I wish you all the best. We look forward to your new projects... and hope you can fit in some new CREED music in between. God Bless and Good Luck!

Bridge of Clay 01-22-2004 04:52 PM

hey lissa! welcome! stay with us, we don't bite! (ehh... it sounded weird!)

Ok, I heard from the single person I actually know from the Pit that during a chat, someone said "hey Michael, tell Mark we miss Creed" and he replied "I know, that's why he's doing this band thing" or something like that.

WeatheredWoman 01-22-2004 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa
the CREED fans... deserve more than they are getting. The rumors, the inuendos, the politically correct statements from the record company. The men of CREED need to step up together and make an announcement. No gorey details, just "it's over" or "we'll be back". I think they can stand in the same room for that long together. Your fans supported you... it's time to support them and let them know from all of YOU where this is going. Put it to rest. The members of CREED do not need all this hype for their fans to support them. They'll be behind you. You are all incredibly talented and I wish you all the best.

AMEN!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Very well said Lissa! :thumbsup:

hayley 01-22-2004 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa
His fans.... the CREED fans... deserve more than they are getting. The rumors, the inuendos, the politically correct statements from the record company. The men of CREED need to step up together and make an announcement. No gorey details, just "it's over" or "we'll be back". I think they can stand in the same room for that long together. Your fans supported you... it's time to support them and let them know from all of YOU where this is going. Put it to rest.

WELL SAID, Lissa. I can't agree with you more, that's what I've been wanting to hear, thank you so much you took the words right out of my mouth. :clap: :hugs:

creedlvr40 01-23-2004 04:23 AM

Creed Fans Unite!

Hello everyone,
I just joined this board to see what was going on with the band. First let me say how disappointed I am that there is any possibility that our beloved Creed would split. How can they do this to us ?
I am finally over withdrawl over not having to hear or see them other than tunes on my albums and radio. 2003 was a long year for us fans I know that this is true.I wish that the original 4 would be together again. It was the true Creed and I am just so :wtf: !I can sympathisze with the members wanting time off for personal reasons. But we as loyal fans deserve to know wht is going on. :mad1: How are we supposed to rock on? Do they expect for us to just suffer l :smokin: .I hope they all get the little side projects done and realize there is no substitute for full scale rock and roll that only they could give as a group, well thats my 2 cents . :rockon:

creedlvr40 01-23-2004 04:32 AM

My thoughts exactly!

thanks Lissa you hit the nail on the head. lets raise some hell maybe get a response thats solid. :dunno:

The Lithium 01-23-2004 07:58 AM

Whatever... I'm pretty sure the guys want to give the fans a farrwell!

Lissa 01-23-2004 10:21 AM

Well, I am glad I didn't offend anyone... too much ;)

My purpose for writing was not to start a revolt :D Just to let some of my "anger" go over how all of this has been handled from the beginning. It should have been handled honestly from the start. It seems that the members of CREED have always been upfront with their fans and let them know how much they appreciated them. It just seems to me, at this time, that they are being a little less than upfront. What has happened privately between the members of CREED should stay there. (There needs to be no "side taking". This will only tear the group apart farther.) The end result should be shared with the fans that made them what they are. I would guess that they are getting "advice" from the business end. However, CREED didn't follow the "normal" way to the top and I hope they continue to do things their own "special way". They know the rumors are out there and the only way to stop that is to come forward... face the music :D Even devoted fans will only take so much and then lose interest, move on to the new hot thing.

There are alot of REALLY great fans on this board. As I've said, I've been reading... you have power... you don't need to wait for something to happen. Write their fan club, let them know what you want to hear. I know they care what you feel. You don't write songs like they do, with no feeling and no heart. You, the fans, gave them as special of a gift as they gave you. I think what needs to be remembered though, is that they deserve a private life and those details that happened to get them where they are right now need to be kept to themselves. The fans just need to know, one way or another, where the public selves are going to end up.
'Nuff said...... all have a great day :nut:

Lissa 01-23-2004 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM
Whatever... I'm pretty sure the guys want to give the fans a farrwell!

I would guess that they would want to do what makes their fans happy also. But, that's the thing..... I don't want to be "pretty sure" or wonder. Just give me an answer and we'll all move on to their next project. There' s alot to be said for closure :)

The Lithium 01-23-2004 10:48 AM

As far as I know Creed have never broken a promise, right? Exept maybe this:

Quote:

"I think we're a band who'll be around in ten years time, and
people will talk about our songs and not about our escapades."
~Flip about Creed in the future

Anyway... I can't see a reason why Creed wouldn't do a new record, they've said that they would. It's not like the guys to fail the fans!

Lissa 01-23-2004 10:57 AM

Quote:

As far as I know Creed have never broken a promise, right? Exept maybe this:

Anyway... I can't see a reason why Creed wouldn't do a new record, they've said that they would. It's not like the guys to fail the fans!

You're absolutely right! I don't believe they would purposely break a promise either, but things and situations have a way of changing as you live day to day. As far as them doing a record.... I thought it was mostly a "Greatest Hits" type of thing?? With a couple new releases?? We don't know when those new singles would have been recorded. So, really they would be making good on their promise just by releasing a Hits album with previously recorded songs that weren't released the first time around. You all, would probably be more up on all of that though....

The Lithium 01-23-2004 11:20 AM

Well, Lissa, you'll be more than happy to hear this!! The next album will be new material, unreleased material and grand hits. No one is sure, but right now it seems like it will be a box with 3 CDs. Grand, unreleased and new. I'm also pretty sure that they will release a DVD, 'cause there is material for a rocking DVD Creed haven't released yet. Sooo... It would be kind to the fans to release a DVD before they are breaking up and it would also make them more money. (As if they would need it).

Lissa 01-23-2004 11:37 AM

Quote:

Well, Lissa, you'll be more than happy to hear this!! The next album will be new material, unreleased material and grand hits. No one is sure, but right now it seems like it will be a box with 3 CDs. Grand, unreleased and new. I'm also pretty sure that they will release a DVD, 'cause there is material for a rocking DVD Creed haven't released yet. Sooo... It would be kind to the fans to release a DVD before they are breaking up and it would also make them more money. (As if they would need it).

Thanks for the info!! That is what brought me to this site in the first place. I was looking for info. on a DVD that I heard was to be released before Christmas. I hope they can pull it together!!

TeriB19 01-23-2004 11:51 AM

Quote:

The next album will be new material, unreleased material and grand hits. No one is sure, but right now it seems like it will be a box with 3 CDs. Grand, unreleased and new.

Lith, where did you get the idea there would be 3 cd's?

JulieCitySlicker 01-23-2004 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDan85

:lolsign:

The Lithium 01-23-2004 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19

It's something Marcos said... I think he has some special contacts.

The Lithium 01-23-2004 12:20 PM

Quote:

It's something Marcos said... I think he has some special contacts.

Jez 01-23-2004 02:00 PM

Quote:

That's what I wanna know :wtf:

NO ONE in the Creed camp has said anything about it being a box set.

The Lithium 01-23-2004 04:56 PM

Well, that's what I've heard.

Bridge of Clay 01-23-2004 05:33 PM

guess you've heard wrong, dude! :nono:

hehehe :rockon:

The Lithium 01-23-2004 05:48 PM

I guess I'm not!!!!!

We'll just wait and see when we're 100% sure that I'm right.

Bridge of Clay 01-23-2004 06:14 PM

:wtf: me????????? when did I say that ???

let's cut it into pieces:

~Flip quote: ok, but he said that before the break-up/pause came up. *IF*, for example, Mark and Stapp can't stand each other, there's no way they'll keep this promisse.

~DVD: not gonna happen until lawsuit is dropped/solved

~2004 release: great hits + b-sides... nothing BIG! Perhaps just like that U2 thing, that came with 2 cds...

WichitaCreed1 01-24-2004 03:34 AM

lol...

LOL, Mark is not gonna tell some guy at a meet n greet that Stapp got "The Boot". I guarantee he wouldn't use those words, he is to professional for that...

hide 01-24-2004 09:36 PM

it would be awesome if we get 3 cd's but I am expecting 2. 1 cd of greatest hits 3 to 4 from each album plus 1 or 2 that some wouldn't consider one of their hits that will leave fans saying hey where is this song or that song? Then one cd of b-sides, covers and I guess 2 new songs.

creedsister 01-24-2004 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hide
it would be awesome if we get 3 cd's but I am expecting 2. 1 cd of greatest hits 3 to 4 from each album plus 1 or 2 that some wouldn't consider one of their hits that will leave fans saying hey where is this song or that song? Then one cd of b-sides, covers and I guess 2 new songs.

cant wait

hayley 01-24-2004 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WichitaCreed1
LOL, Mark is not gonna tell some guy at a meet n greet that Stapp got "The Boot". I guarantee he wouldn't use those words, he is to professional for that...

That's what we all thought to begin with

Bridge of Clay 01-25-2004 11:07 AM

yeah, I don't think he use this words... he may just have implied something and the guy interpreted that