CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Audioslave Tour (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8861)

scrit 03-26-2005 05:24 PM

Audioslave Tour

I know that there are some audioslave fans on this board, but has anyone been able to get tickets to see them? Their concert in Boston sold out very soon after the tickets went on sale, and the only place to get tickets is on ebay for 150+ dollars when the tickets sold for around 30$. Aparently in some venues the tickets sold out in 15 seconds, but scalpers STILL managed to buy them and sell them, while the fans can't get them. This to me is not right, Audioslave should play in larger venues. :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

Dogstar 03-26-2005 07:20 PM

Njcreedite and I camped out at the Philly venue all night to be first in line for the show on April 29th. They did not have internet or phone sales because the scalping situation is brutal in Philly and they knew the real fans would be shut out. So it was Ticketmaster or the venue. We chose the venue, which turned out to be the best thing because they had lotteries at the outlets, which would have sucked waiting all day and then getting nothing. The sweet thing was, no fees because we paid in cash. I can't wait!! Last time I saw them in Philly it was an eBay deal because the show sold out in 4 minutes.

scrit 03-27-2005 08:56 AM

Have fun when you see them in Philly! I unfortunatly was could not buy tickets at the venue on release day because I was very busy that day, so I dont have tickets :( The only place to get them now is on ebay for as much as 250, and I cant afford that...

The Lithium 03-27-2005 09:09 AM

I have tickets for their show in Stockholm, Sweden.

Dogstar 03-27-2005 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrit
Have fun when you see them in Philly! I unfortunatly was could not buy tickets at the venue on release day because I was very busy that day, so I dont have tickets :( The only place to get them now is on ebay for as much as 250, and I cant afford that...

That sucks. I was lucky because I work nights, and tickets went on sale an hour before I had to show up for work, so we hung out all night and day. I had to resort to eBay for NIN tix, though, because of the same thing. There wasn't one ticket available for either show in Philly. The scalpers are unreal. I don't know how they do it, but regular fans are getting shut out. I prefer smaller venues, but in this case, it would serve the fans better to play in bigger venues. I don't get why they don't. It's pretty obvious they would do fairly well.

scrit 03-27-2005 08:54 PM

I wish I could even afford ebay......I heard that Audioslave will do another tour of arenas after the European tour...hopefully those tickets wont sellout in 15 seconds

Dogstar 03-27-2005 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrit
I wish I could even afford ebay......I heard that Audioslave will do another tour of arenas after the European tour...hopefully those tickets wont sellout in 15 seconds

Yes, this is kind of a pre-release type tour. Actually, I only paid $60 for the Audioslave ticket from the 2003 tour, so I didn't do too badly for a ticket that was originally priced at $30.