CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   This is sad and unfair. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7704)

Bridge of Clay 10-15-2004 09:19 AM

This is sad and unfair.

:(

Feels like the fans won't ever get the respect they deserve.

Here's a post from Michael @ The pit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel
For the record, Mark and Flip did not agree with Wind-Up on the issue of this Creed CD coming out. They have refused to have anything to do with it and will not be promoting it at all. In the interview, Stapp stated that he and Mark sat down and picked out what should be included in this cd. Another flat out lie. Mark and Stapp have not spoken about this cd ever.

The Lithium 10-15-2004 09:56 AM

Come on, Mark and Flip didn't want to release this CD, and I think I speak for everyone when I say it's very disappointing it won't include ANY b-sides! So, we don't have to buy it, com'on! Let's turn our backs to Wind-up!

And second - Stapp is going down...

Torn Daredevil 10-15-2004 10:12 AM

WOW. That is very telling and surprising coming from Michael. Well, now even Michael has gotten sick of Stapp's bullshit. Let's see the Stapp fans defend this. LOL.

If the DVD content is good, this will be worth it, but they put out these greatest hits CD's for people who are casual fans and don't already have the albums. They don't put them out for the die-hard fans. I still hope for an album of b-sides and rarities, though.

Trimontana 10-15-2004 10:20 AM

i´m agree with Michael declarations to say the truth when someone else is saying..."oh, yes we agreeded and we choose the songs together". I just think Mark & Flip are not going to promote the Cd for the matter of fact that Stapp lied saying that. I respect the guys decision and i think is a true decision without hipocresy or lucrative expectattions....they are genuine. ;)

The Lithium 10-15-2004 10:24 AM

Come on, let's organize a boycott against this album!! The band did not want to release this and won't promote it at all!! I think we fans should stand up for the band and not buy this album so Wind-up could make more money! Who's with us?

musiclover291 10-15-2004 10:58 AM

Not surprise by Michael attack on Stapp I already predicted that he would bash Stapp for promoting Creed CD. First of all the CD has been in the works to be released for over a year before the break up announcement and second why wouldn't they be proud of there work with Creed. Lastly I have more respect for Stapp because he is trying to have a positive outlook around such a negative atmosphere so I will continue to defend Stapp.

The Lithium 10-15-2004 11:19 AM

So lying about the fact that Mark and Stapp sat down together and picked out songs for this Greatest Hits CD is positive?

Ann Allusion 10-15-2004 11:39 AM

Quote:

Not surprise by Michael attack on Stapp I already predicted that he would bash Stapp for promoting Creed CD. First of all the CD has been in the works to be released for over a year before the break up announcement and second why wouldn't they be proud of there work with Creed. Lastly I have more respect for Stapp because he is trying to have a positive outlook around such a negative atmosphere so I will continue to defend Stapp.

Seems to happen at every turn for Stapp, doesn't it...whenever he gives and interview or does something associated with HIS solo career...the anamosities seem to escalate...and the pattern is really getting old... :(

as you said Musiclover...from what the public was told...the greatest hits album has been in the works for a while. People were wanting a DVD...and now they're going to get it...

but of course there is no pleasing some people...you can give them what they ask for..and it still isn't what they want...they gotta have it NOW!!

For those of you feel slighted because you are not happy with the choices on this album...well..lets see...LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THE ALBUM...it says GREATEST HITS...logically that would be EXACTLY what is going to be on it...

On the positive side...that leaves the possibility open for a B-SIDE AND RARITIES ALBUM sometime down the line, now doesn't it...like a Now and Later candy bar....have something now and save the rest for later...leaving something to look forward to....and i feel such a thing will happen...

As Michael said...it was the other 3/4 of AB that chose not to promote the idea...they made their choice...but i bet they won't turn down any royalties that come their way....

musiclover291 10-15-2004 11:44 AM

Ann I already told my friends to watch out that Stapp and Creed and this entire project would be bash because everytime Stapp comes out this happens and I agree if Flip and Mark don't agree to promote the project so be it but I stand by Stapp 100%

Steve 10-15-2004 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Allusion
Seems to happen at every turn for Stapp, doesn't it...whenever he gives and interview or does something associated with HIS solo career...the anamosities seem to escalate...and the pattern is really getting old... :(

Looking at this objectively, no where did Michael bash Stapp in his post from The Pit. He simply stated that what Stapp said wasn't true. That's not a bash, that's posting his opinion/fact regarding the issue. Also this Creed Greatest Hits album has nothing to do with Stapp's solo career? You made it seem from this paragrah that it does have to do with his solo career, or at least the info Stapp gave from his interview that it does.

Also, the fans ARE NOT getting the DVD they have been hoping for. This DVD will contain music videos and live performances of individual songs. I think everyone has been waiting for a live concert DVD, which is what we were "supposed" to get way back from the Weathered tour.

Ann Allusion 10-15-2004 12:27 PM

Quote:

Looking at this objectively, no where did Michael bash Stapp in his post from The Pit. He simply stated that what Stapp said wasn't true. That's not a bash, that's posting his opinion/fact regarding the issue.

he gave his opinion, i gave mine...just as you are giving yours, steve...but nowhere did i say he was bashing stapp...those are your words...not mine.

Quote:

Also this Creed Greatest Hits album has nothing to do with Stapp's solo career? You made it seem from this paragrah that it does have to do with his solo career, or at least the info Stapp gave from his interview that it does.

Possibly, it could be taken as you chose to..then again, those are your words, not mine...as i see it, stapp is out there supporting the Creed Greatest Hits album that is coming out, and making himself visiable for his upcoming solo album release.

Quote:

Also, the fans ARE NOT getting the DVD they have been hoping for. This DVD will contain music videos and live performances of individual songs. I think everyone has been waiting for a live concert DVD, which is what we were "supposed" to get way back from the Weathered tour.

as i said...what people are getting now..may not be what they expected...but then again...you never know what may be in the planning stage...do we?...

RMadd 10-15-2004 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Come on, let's organize a boycott against this album!! The band did not want to release this and won't promote it at all!! I think we fans should stand up for the band and not buy this album so Wind-up could make more money! Who's with us?

i'm all for it... $15 for songs and videos i've already got? pffffft.......

musiclover291 10-15-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
So lying about the fact that Mark and Stapp sat down together and picked out songs for this Greatest Hits CD is positive?

Who says Stapp did lie. It's just a matter of who you believe.

RMadd 10-15-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve

see, now here we've got a man who knows everything! but why shouldn't he? i'm in complete and total agreement w/ that assessment, Steve.

RMadd 10-15-2004 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiclover291
Who says Stapp did lie. It's just a matter of who you believe.

well, if stapp says it happened, and multiple other sources say it didn't... you be the judge (oh, and before you do that, can i have my rose-colored glasses back?)