CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Fuel (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10158)

Drake 12-11-2005 01:12 AM

Fuel

I know this has nothing to do with Alter Bridge, but I just want some opinions on the situation with Fuel. In case you don't know what is going on with them, they kicked their drummer out of their band about a year ago. The lead singer of the band is playing guitar in this crappy band which probably none of you heard of called The X's. And finally they are releasing a best of CD December the 13th. Any thoughts that you may have on if its them getting back together or whatever, would be greatly appreciated.

Dogstar 12-11-2005 01:33 AM

What was the deal behind Kevin Miller's ouster? I confess I wasn't a fan of Fuel, mostly because I really wasn't familiar with the music all that much. Miller is playing in a band in Philly called Fosterchild, which also includes a former guitarist for a local band called Octane. They are pretty good, too. Kind of 80s sounding rock with a modern more updated sound, I guess. I've seen them a couple of times now and they are pretty good.

Chase 12-11-2005 01:50 AM

I'm listening to Scallions' new band (or side project). They're pretty shitty. Why isn't Scallions singing... he's playing bass instead? The lead singer isn't good at all.

The Lithium 12-11-2005 05:16 AM

Do you know why they kicked Kevin, their drummer out? Because their girlfriends couldn't agree... It's sad!

Drake 12-11-2005 11:36 AM

Where did you here that? I can't believe that's the reason they kicked Kevin out of the band.

The Lithium 12-11-2005 11:40 AM

Some dude told me, a while ago, when it happened. I think it was Jonathan, known as "alterswede" or "alterflip"

Dogstar 12-11-2005 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Do you know why they kicked Kevin, their drummer out? Because their girlfriends couldn't agree... It's sad!

??? Because they didn't get along? There has to be more to it than that.

RMadd 12-11-2005 02:08 PM

man, that's too bad, b/c even though I never got into them all that much, they were pretty solid... slightly different or more unconventional than your average, run-of-the-mill alt-metal group.

Unforgiven Fan 12-11-2005 02:26 PM

well fuel is in the same position like alterbridge, live, and a few others where airplay for new material is not much, and there albums may only go gold and it is not a very good to be in for a band sometimes because of their past sucess (alter bridge is included because of brian, flip, and tremo were in creed, and even Creed would start to face this probably if they stayed together probably). This could be accounted for their style not fitting in in exaclty the right radio format or there sound is not what the corporate fat cats want on the radio or the the mass listeners want (or their new material is not up to par with previous material, always a possiblity). All this can lead or help grow the conflicts within bands.

guitardude1985 12-11-2005 06:51 PM

So wait a minute, is fuel broken up or not? If so....well....that sucks I thought something like human was a pretty soild effort. However, natrual selection seemed kinda flat compared to something like human.

Wylde-Tremonti 12-11-2005 07:02 PM

Saw Fuel Live Once... Got a cpl of their CDs...
Good Band... Just wish their Guitarist would show off some of the skills i'm sure he's got... They kinda fit into the Same style that Creed did... I'd like to see them branch out (at least guitarwise) like Alterbridge did...

Chase 12-12-2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake
Where did you here that? I can't believe that's the reason they kicked Kevin out of the band.

I found them on Myspace... and they have like 4 songs. I don't know... I really hope it's just a side project for Brett Scallions.

emissarygtrist 12-12-2005 05:59 PM

I can't find the X's on myspace or a website... can someone hook me up???

AB ROCKS