CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   billboard chart? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10045)

sina2b 11-28-2005 03:07 PM

billboard chart?

Im not sure how the billboard chart works and how frequently and when it gets updated, but shouldnt TGD be on this weeks chart, not a top position but it should have a spot somewhere amongst the top 100! I went to the billboard site but didnt see it anywhere on the charts.

Unforgiven Fan 11-28-2005 05:13 PM

well I think that comes out tuesday or wedensday...if I remember there chart releases schedule...

titan9 11-28-2005 05:16 PM

It's too early for it to be up. I've heard they put a new one up every Wednesday or Thursday, so look for it then.

facelessmike 11-30-2005 08:51 AM

TGD First week sales as posted at pbf:

#19 with 91,158 Sales

A little slower than I expected with all the promotion, but I still think TGD will do well. Before you ask AB moved 95,000 first week...

titan9 11-30-2005 08:53 AM

Hitsdailydouble.com, which reported those sales, is a tiny bit off typically. The official sales, by Billboard, should be out tomorrow. I think it should be a little bit higher than that, but I could be wrong.

SummerGirl 11-30-2005 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelessmike
TGD First week sales as posted at pbf:

#19 with 91,158 Sales

A little slower than I expected with all the promotion, but I still think TGD will do well. Before you ask AB moved 95,000 first week...

Thank you Faceless! That was very thoughtful...and it means that you are writing for your audience... :cool:

I'm pleased with these numbers. Both groups will continue to enjoy their own success as it should be.

uncertaindrumer 11-30-2005 10:14 AM

First off, didn't AB sell 135 the first week? I must be totally wrong but I coulda sworn that's what VH1 said... not that they are super reliable...

And second... Vindication. Sorry Titan. lol

sina2b 11-30-2005 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
First off, didn't AB sell 135 the first week? I must be totally wrong but I coulda sworn that's what VH1 said... not that they are super reliable...

with all the promotions i thought it'll do at least a few hundred thousand, opening at number 19 is not really good in my oponion.

titan9 11-30-2005 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer

I thought so as well, but it turns out that AB's official number was 95,000, according to Billboard. I think Billboard's is the most accurate, so that's why I'm waiting until I see their numbers for this week before I say much more on Stapp's sales.

Bridge of Clay 11-30-2005 12:20 PM

95,000 rounded? weird...

titan9 11-30-2005 01:02 PM

Yeah, I could have sworn it was 105,000, but I guess I had my numbers wrong. Anyway, MTV reports that the TGD sold 94,000 copies and debuted at #18(not #19). When you consider the fact that, to be in the top 5, it took over 200,000 in record sales, that's pretty good. Keep in mind that when ODR debuted, it only took 95,000 to debut in the top 5. The competition(bands like S.O.A.D., and artists like Madonna) was obviously tougher for TGD. Add in the fact that (1) the single hasn't gotten much airplay (2) it's been nearly 18 months since the official split (3) most people have probably forgotten about Creed, and it becomes apparent the reason why these numbers were less than a lot of people expected. I think timing played a huge role in these sales. Had TGD been released last November, I have a feeling that the sales would have been higher because that would have capitalized more on Creed's popularity. Of course, the lower than expected sales could be because there are a lot of anti-Stapp, anti-Creed people out there, but I'd bet on the former. Just a bit of food for the thought.

Bridge of Clay 11-30-2005 01:24 PM

still... among the Creed fan base, he didn't sell as much.

titan9 11-30-2005 01:31 PM

You're right. But AB didn't sell that much among the Creed fan base, either. I'm going based off of sales, not rankings. Both sold roughly 90,000-95,000. They're really both on an equal level: Stapp is trying to establish himself as a solo artist, and AB is trying to establish themselves as a new band, not Creed v2. Neither is as big as Creed was, and may never achieve that type of success again.

SummerGirl 11-30-2005 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
I think timing played a huge role in these sales. Had TGD been released last November, I have a feeling that the sales would have been higher because that would have capitalized more on Creed's popularity. Of course, the lower than expected sales could be because there are a lot of anti-Stapp, anti-Creed people out there, but I'd bet on the former. Just a bit of food for the thought.

I'm borrowing from a discussion at lunch today, but AB released during back to school time....08/10/04, while Stapp had the additional benefit of being released during the busiest shopping week of the year.

titan9 11-30-2005 02:00 PM

Yes and that's a very good point, but my point was that the break-up was still fresh back in August of last year. Creed was still rather fresh as well. Fast forward 18 months, and a lot of people have probably forgotten about Creed(they've essentially been replaced on Pop radio by the likes of Nickelback and 3 Doors Down) and the break-up. My point was that AB had the benefit of the break-up announcement and the publicity, while Stapp, because he waited so long to put this album out, did not.