CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   So which way are we gonna go now? New CREED album! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3360)

creednet-x 06-08-2003 05:15 PM

So which way are we gonna go now? New CREED album!

Hey guys! It's been awhile! I guess I was taking a long brake from CREED! But now I'm back! Great news! You guys made my day! So what do you guys think! Is it gonna be back to MOP or HC days! After this rough year I think it might get back to MOP! Scott went throught a lot of problems and I really hope it will get harder than they old stuff! Your opinion!:)

JulieCitySlicker 06-08-2003 05:26 PM

I think that after last year and everything that is going on with them now, especially the lawsuit. I think their new album is gonna RAWK majorly:jam: I can't wait till it comes out;) I'm gonna get it the day it comes out:D I think it will be better then the last 3 albums!

creednet-x 06-08-2003 05:35 PM

Well MOP and HC! Were AWESOME, AMAZING! Weathere was a little weak! But I think #4 will definetly rock as hard as we can imagine!:angel:

JulieCitySlicker 06-08-2003 05:38 PM

Darn right its gonna rock:angel: :dancing:

Bridge of Clay 06-08-2003 08:11 PM

I hope they play some salsa this time. But polka will be alright...

TeriB19 06-08-2003 08:30 PM

Disco all the way baby!!!:dancing:

Agent D 06-08-2003 10:27 PM

You know it's gonna kick ass no matter what.;)

souldancer 06-08-2003 10:35 PM

Such great news.......it's going to be awesom and appreciated whatever it is! LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEW!!

All that has been devastated
Can be recreated
Realize
We pick up the broken pieces
Of our lives
Giving ourselves to each other…
ourselves to each other

Dogstar 06-08-2003 10:51 PM

I know I'll be reserving my copy :D :cool:.

MrSeeker 06-08-2003 11:16 PM

I hope its unlike both. I love all their albums,but I want to hear something new. I dont want to be thinking to myself "havent I heard this before?". I think this will be their best album though.

Bridge of Clay 06-08-2003 11:25 PM

But seriously, I don´t know which way they´re going, but we all know their style.

And I´m feeling the lyrics will be awesome this time, since Stapp is having more time. I dunno, but I feel like Weathered was kinda rushed... I love it, musically it´s great, I love all the songs, but I just have this feeling... Do you?

creednet-x 06-09-2003 12:45 AM

Yeah I know what you mean! But I do really think that next album will be the best! I don't why, it's just something tells me!;)

velocityidp 06-09-2003 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
But seriously, I don´t know which way they´re going, but we all know their style.

And I´m feeling the lyrics will be awesome this time, since Stapp is having more time. I dunno, but I feel like Weathered was kinda rushed... I love it, musically it´s  great, I love all the songs, but I just have this feeling... Do you?

I feel Weathered was rushed too. The shame is, it had great, great potential if they just gave it more time and tweaked here and there. I agree, musically (for the most part) Weathered was strong, but two things really brought it down:

1) So-so base
2) So-so, sometimes repetitive lyrical content

IMO, they just were not as good as the other two albums. And while there were a couple extremely good tracks on there, Weathered ventured a little bit too far into the "poppy" category. Stapp has said DSD was as far as they are going to go, so at least that is encouraging. The song was beautiful I must admit, but cmon... Creed is a hard rock band.

I hope the next album is harder-edge and lyrically image-rich like MOP. Yes, I know they are trying to shake the whole "Christianity" thing, but that style of writing (using biblical-style imagery and poetry) is one of the things that made MOP and HC so interesting to listen to.

My suggestion to the band:

1) Christmas 2003: Release the b-side disk with the unreleased tracks as well as some re-done recordings of classics (I want the new version of What If they've been doing on tour!! Rocks!)
2) Chistmas 2003: Release the DVD, eh? 8^)
3) Sept 2004: release the next Creed album!!

:jam:

hayley 06-09-2003 03:59 AM

Yeah, it's awesome news :party2:

Because of all the s**t that Scott has been through over the last year or so, I think his lyrics are going to be like MOP. Very, very deep. (Not like HC and Weathered weren't, but MOP was is the deepest album in my opinion) :) But musiclly, i'm not so sure. I hope they go really diverse again, because Weathered was just awesome, I loved hearing one song, then the next one, which would be totally diffrent. So I hope they go diverse again. (But not so much as Lullaby).

I can't WAIT for this album, it's gonna be some major kick :moon:And I'll be lining up at the music store on the day it arrives in New Zealand. :jam: :D

Bridge of Clay 06-09-2003 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by velocityidp
<b>I feel Weathered was rushed too. The shame is, it had great, great potential if they just gave it more time and tweaked here and there. I agree, musically (for the most part) Weathered was strong, but two things really brought it down:

1) So-so base &nbsp;
2) So-so, sometimes repetitive lyrical content

IMO, they just were not as good as the other two albums. And while there were a couple extremely good tracks on there, Weathered ventured a little bit too far into the "poppy" category. Stapp has said DSD was as far as they are going to go, so at least that is encouraging. The song was beautiful I must admit, but cmon... Creed is a hard rock band. &nbsp;

I hope the next album is harder-edge and lyrically image-rich like MOP. Yes, I know they are trying to shake the whole "Christianity" thing, but that style of writing (using biblical-style imagery and poetry) is one of the things that made MOP and HC so interesting to listen to.

My suggestion to the band:

1) Christmas 2003: Release the b-side disk with the unreleased tracks as well as some re-done recordings of classics (I want the new version of What If they've been doing on tour!! Rocks!)
2) Chistmas 2003: Release the DVD, eh? 8^)
3) Sept 2004: release the next Creed album!!

:jam: </b>

I agree! But what do you mean by so-so base? :confused:

The whole Christianity thing... I must say, despite they claim they´re not, is one of best things about them!

I agree they´re not Christian, they don´t praise God on the songs, but reflect with God (on some of them). They make you think!