CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mayfield 4...suprised how i sounds good (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8902)

Dogstar 05-04-2005 01:58 PM

LOL....My Sacrifice -- Creed, hence Creedish :D. That's no slight or anything :)

titan9 05-04-2005 02:01 PM

The lyrics definitely aren't Creedish at all, in my opinion. The music....yeah, I can see the resemblence on some of the songs. OYE and DTML being the main songs I can hear the similarities, but I think that comes from the fact that it is the same guys who wrote the music for Creed, so of course it's going to sound a bit similar.

aussiecreeder 05-05-2005 08:17 AM

I'm hoping Myles has a greater input in the next album 'cause the guy is a very good songwriter. Not much point having that talent there and just being Mark's voicebox.

cariocawlad 05-05-2005 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
soundwise? OYE uses the same tone as My Sacrifice, but I wouldn't say Creedish... I'd say Markish!!! :D

In my opinion AB will always have a Creed flavor. We had 3 members of Creed there and the sound that they know to do is this sound, not Creedish, but Markish, Phillipish and Marshallish.

Of course, Myles can bring something new to the scene, but we still have the three guys there. And I think this is not bad. In my opinion is amazing, cause I being in love with their music when they were Creed.

Peace.

RMadd 05-05-2005 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
Not much point having that talent there and just being Mark's voicebox.

very true.... ILM was a good song, but it was kinda weird thinking "Myles is singing it so passionately, but it's for Mark & his memory of his mother"

uncertaindrumer 05-05-2005 07:31 PM

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm back!

lol, ummm... yeah, not sure where that came from... strangely enough, I'm not even REALLY back since I am still gone and have only got a ten minute chance to get on the internet... oh well. I'm ALMOST back.

Either way... I hate to say this but I think... *looks around furtively*

I might like MF4 more than AB

WHOA. Did I just say that? I might have. I think MF4 had reached a level of originality that AB hasn't yet.

However, I am DEFINITELY hopeful that AB is going in that direction. If Myles gets more input (especially in lyrics... I was so dissapointed by AB lyrics), AB will just be... awesome-er. I know that isn't a word, but, oh well.

As for AB sounding Creedish... The songs that sound creedish are:

OYE
BW
ILM
DTML
SMS
TEIH

Only OYE and BW sound creedish THROUGHOUT but all of them have very creed moments. But apparently the next album will be heavier and hopefully we will be rid of all these Creedisms... I mean, before you all jump on me, I know there will always be a CERTAIN amount of Creedishness in AB. But If we could have more RIFFS instead of chord progressions... Then I will be in heaven.

But really, I am really happy right now with both AB and all the MF4 stuff I have been hearing... It all rocks. It's all good. Now if we can just put the best of both together, the world's greatest band will emerge...

ROCK ON!!! (yeah I'm hyper)

TeriB19 05-05-2005 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cariocawlad
We had 3 members of Creed there and the sound that they know to do is this sound, not Creedish, but Markish, Phillipish and Marshallish.

:laugh: That made me laughish out loudish. Sorry. :laugh:

cariocawlad 05-06-2005 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
:laugh: That made me laughish out loudish. Sorry. :laugh:

No problemo Terry, you're always welcome! And I've been inspired by Marcos! :D

Soundslave 05-06-2005 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer

Either way... I hate to say this but I think... *looks around furtively*

I might like MF4 more than AB

WHOA. Did I just say that? I might have. I think MF4 had reached a level of originality that AB hasn't yet.

I think I feel the same way. The lyrics and sound that the MF4 has is much more original than AB. They kind of blend blues with rock, especially on the Fallout album. The lyrics are also more complex than AB's.

With that being said, Mark is incredible with writing music to fit the lyrics. If Myles writes the majority of the lyrics on the next album, and Mark does his thing with the music, AB will put out one hell of an album.

uncertaindrumer 05-06-2005 06:58 PM

Exactly. If we could just get Myles to write his awesome lyrics and Mark to write his awesome riffs...

*drools*

titan9 05-06-2005 07:13 PM

Yeah, I agree, that would be pretty awesome.

RMadd 05-07-2005 01:11 AM

me too
:rockout:
:pant:
:tremonti:

evyllsummer 05-10-2005 04:58 PM

Myles rules...

aussiecreeder 05-17-2005 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evyllsummer
Myles rules...

hey keep that in the proper thread buster! ;)

evyllsummer 06-04-2005 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
hey keep that in the proper thread buster! ;)

oops...sorry, AC, I'll keep it on topic...the Mayfield Four rules!!!!