CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   AB is totally different from Creed (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7175)

Bridge of Clay 08-03-2004 03:22 PM

AB is totally different from Creed

Just check their album on Vh1... totally unCreedish. They don't need Stapp...

Jooji_2 08-03-2004 05:32 PM

I have checked out the clips they have posted. I wish them luck....but they are quite a bit heavier than my taste in music. I only go so heavy and then its a turn off for me.

revisfoot 08-03-2004 07:51 PM

Bridge of Clay -- you're right!! This is awesome. I don't think they'll have any trouble getting out from under the "creed'' shadow. This is really phenomenal stuff!

aussiecreeder 08-03-2004 08:11 PM

i agree it doesn't sound like creed to me at all apart from a couple of songs. only weakish song is "watch your words" although that could change and simply an awesome album. "in loving memory of" could make a grown man cry! lol

musiclover291 08-03-2004 08:11 PM

I listen and overall I liked what I heard but Myles voice just doesn't move me. However, the music is awesome Mark, Flip and Brian are at the top of their game. In Loving Memory just didn't move me the way I felt it should have. I wish them luck.

Just my opinion

aussiecreeder 08-03-2004 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiclover291
I listen and overall I liked what I heard but Myles voice just doesn't move me. However, the music is awesome Mark, Flip and Brian are at the top of their game. In Loving Memory just didn't move me the way I felt it should have. I wish them luck.

Just my opinion

myles' voice is very touching in the slower songs and overall his voice is very versatile. he has a lot of talent and all 4 members deliever so well. does anyone else think myles is more likely to write a lot more lyrics on the next album?

Shadow 08-03-2004 09:12 PM

Marcos, you are one of the reasons I checked their music out on VH1.

Don't be mad, but I'm going to give you my honest opinion. (If you haven't already read it at PBF)

I think the In Loving Memory lyrics are beautiful. However, Myles voice ruined the song. He honestly hurt my ears.

I listened to Metalingus and actually thought it was a good song. But again, Myles voice ruined it for me.

Can someone please tell Myles to stop ooooooohhhhhhing. He does it in 3 of the 4 songs I've listened to.

You're right Marcos they do not sound like Creed. The problem with AB isn't the music. It's the singer. I'm sorry, but I don't care for Myles voice at all, even less after hearing him sing In Loving Memory.

rabidgopher04 08-03-2004 09:39 PM

I think Myles sings too much over the guitars especially during bridges or solos. His voice doesn't always compliment the music.

musiclover291 08-03-2004 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Marcos, you are one of the reasons I checked their music out on VH1.

Don't be mad, but I'm going to give you my honest opinion. (If you haven't already read it at PBF)

I think the In Loving Memory lyrics are beautiful. However, Myles voice ruined the song. He honestly hurt my ears.

I listened to Metalingus and actually thought it was a good song. But again, Myles voice ruined it for me.

Can someone please tell Myles to stop ooooooohhhhhhing. He does it in 3 of the 4 songs I've listened to.

You're right Marcos they do not sound like Creed. The problem with AB isn't the music. It's the singer. I'm sorry, but I don't care for Myles voice at all, even less after hearing him sing In Loving Memory.

I kind of agree with you I listen to it for a third time the music is awesome but his voice it just doesn't move me especially In Loving Memory its like his voice doesn't fit the music but I will keep listening because the music rocks!!!!!!!!

Shadow 08-03-2004 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiclover291
In Loving Memory its like his voice doesn't fit the music

Exactly my point.

I'm kind of feel bad for feeling this way about Myles' voice. I want to like AB because of where they are coming from. I liked the music, just not the voice.

jurquiza 08-03-2004 10:41 PM

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way............

Scott's voice was so perfect for the music..............I miss it so much....... :(

I'mRational 08-03-2004 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
Just check their album on Vh1... totally unCreedish. They don't need Stapp...

The album is amazing.......probably will appeal more to musicians than regular folk........I'm going to post my review later.

Kimvan 08-03-2004 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Exactly my point.

I'm kind of feel bad for feeling this way about Myles' voice. I want to like AB because of where they are coming from. I liked the music, just not the voice.

Exactly, Shadow. I want to like AB, and I do like the music - Mark, Flip and Brian have all grown as musicians, that much is obvious. But Myles' voice grates on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard...I can't even describe it, can't pinpoint exactly - whiney?? Cracking?? Those are two things that come to mind. He's probably a wonderful person, but I personally don't care for his sound, just my opinion.

farmgirl 08-03-2004 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurquiza
I know I'm not the only one that feels this way............

Scott's voice was so perfect for the music..............I miss it so much....... :(

Hey jurquiza! Just wanted to let you know your cd rocks! :) Hope you're doing good.

Dogstar 08-03-2004 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
does anyone else think myles is more likely to write a lot more lyrics on the next album?

Yes. I think the next album may sound totally different from this one, which would be intriguing as hell.