CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Burn or buy? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8956)

NeedforCreed 04-12-2005 08:08 PM

Burn or buy?

Never seen this here, I have a question. Do you all burn (legally, that is-don't rat yourself out if you still file share) or just buy the cd? Seems like there's something missing without the artwork on the cover. I've never burned, just wondering what the general feeling is.

Dogstar 04-12-2005 09:22 PM

*Takes the 5th*...Seriously, I download before I buy. If I really like it, I will buy it. I like having the artwork and liner notes.

JulieCitySlicker 04-12-2005 10:32 PM

I buy,sometimes I have friends make cd's for me,but I like having that cover,to see the pics and read lyrics,ect.

creedsister 04-12-2005 10:42 PM

I like to buy cds its just not the same :jam: :jam: but oh yes i like to burn older stuff and burn cds for other people and myself and put together my own tracks for ever ocassion and mood that you cant buy

Ana4Stapp 04-12-2005 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieCitySlicker
I buy,sometimes I have friends make cd's for me,but I like having that cover,to see the pics and read lyrics,ect.

same here ;)

RMadd 04-13-2005 12:55 AM

in response to your question: yes. actually, i haven't burned a cd from all the songs i've downloaded in the past few months, all 9000 illegal ones are just sitting on here. if i like the band enough, i'll buy their cd (if i can find it at best buy on my first or second try; if not, fuck 'em). i think i'm gonna spend a good deal of time this summer burning all the complete cd's i've got on here.

fluttergirl 04-13-2005 01:03 AM

i download before i buy too, and mix cds?
be they for myself or someone else, i dont really sweat it, its not available for purchase in that form anyways. im not going to spend 15 or so $ on one song.
NOTHING is worse than buying a CD and HATING it.

RMadd 04-13-2005 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluttergirl
im not going to spend 15 or so $ on one song.
NOTHING is worse than buying a CD and HATING it.

exactly. i've done that a few times. obviously not enough to make up for all the music i've stolen. but i've abandoned the practice of buying a CD for one song that I like that I've heard on the radio.

Bridge of Clay 04-13-2005 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
*Takes the 5th*...Seriously, I download before I buy. If I really like it, I will buy it. I like having the artwork and liner notes.

I second that.

I only burn copies of CDs that aren't available here yet or for back up when I don't wanna leave with the original copies.

Anna1011 04-13-2005 10:03 AM

i both download and buy, if i only want a song il download but i usually buy albums of bands i like

scrit 04-13-2005 03:31 PM

I always buy my cds, but I spend alot of time researching cds before I buy them so that I won't buy cds that I hate.

Mulletman 04-14-2005 12:20 AM

Neither, I havent seen a CD that is worth buying yet. But I do not buy mp3s because they digital copies that I do not own. You can spend 140 bucks on iTunes, but if your iPod or compuster crash... boom, you're fucked. Theres no warranty, theres no backups, nothing.

Steve 04-14-2005 12:23 AM

I don't see the point in buying digital copies... I'd rather have the actual CD and the artwork that comes with it if I'm going to spend $10 on an entire album.

Dogstar 04-14-2005 01:42 AM

Same here. I have an iPod, but I have yet to buy a single song. I'm using it mostly to put my albums on it. It saves me from carrying around 30 CDs in backpack for work.

Mulletman 04-14-2005 08:24 AM

You have an iPod? Hmmm, I dont have an iPod.