CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Downloading Creed Online for $0.99? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9561)

PJAmerica 08-26-2005 11:15 AM

Downloading Creed Online for $0.99?

I am a tad bit ripped and serously ill from the fact that I am a supporter of buying for downloads rather than downloading for free. I have no issues with those who do though so long as they share freely in return.

The downfall I have found is that I use Itunes, Rhapsody and MusicMatch for all my download purchase and not one of them have any creed songs available in there catalog?!!!!!! Why? Is it due to the record label? The band? Or the breakup?

I seperated from my ex of 7 years and she took my creed cds so I figured I would just buy them and download them to my pc. I am shocked that none of the services I use offers them :(

titan9 08-26-2005 12:42 PM

Without actually using the programs you mentioned and searching on them for the songs, I can't be sure if they do or don't have Creed songs. I would assume that, if they don't, it is because Wind-Up probably did not sign some sort of agreement to allow them to offer the songs. I highly doubt that those programs would not offer Creed songs, considering how popular Creed was/is. This is a band that sold over 30 million records, and Itunes, Rhapsody and Musicmatch probably sell artists that have sold far less than that and are far less popular.

My suggestion is that, if they definitely don't have these songs and cost is an issue, you can use Ebay to buy back your Creed collection. I believe that you can get Creed CDs on there, slightly used(or even new) for $6.00 or less with shipping. It's a fairly inexpensive route to take to buy back the three CDs.

Hope this helps

RMadd 08-26-2005 01:09 PM

i'd guess it's because wind-up doesn't have an agreement w/ any of the services you mentioned (try searching for finger eleven, evanescence, submersed, alter bridge, etc... just to see if that might be the case)... i read recently in rolling stone that there's a number of popular old-school bands that aren't available online (presumably for this issue of distribution rights). i think led zeppelin was one, the beatles were another (tho i think they might be available now).

The Lithium 08-26-2005 06:49 PM

Buy the CDs and import them to your computer through iTunes or just simpley download them illegal.

PJAmerica 08-27-2005 06:04 AM

I did not get my point across clearly so I apologise. I can easily buy the CDS and I am aware of how to obtain them. I simply decided to download them from one of the 3 sources and what appauls me is that NONE of them I noted offer Creed songs for download so believe it or not it's a fact and that was my whole point and intent that I was shocked of such a thing. ;)

jmhonline 10-06-2005 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJAmerica
I did not get my point across clearly so I apologise. I can easily buy the CDS and I am aware of how to obtain them. I simply decided to download them from one of the 3 sources and what appauls me is that NONE of them I noted offer Creed songs for download so believe it or not it's a fact and that was my whole point and intent that I was shocked of such a thing. ;)

They are not available through the now-legal napster either! :mad:

The Lithium 10-06-2005 05:03 PM

So download them ilegal or buy the goddamn cds!

jmhonline 10-06-2005 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
So download them ilegal or buy the goddamn cds!

no duh, sherlock!

Creed7352 10-06-2005 06:41 PM

it's windup...i don't think i've come across any windup artist i've looked for on any of those things...metallica isn't on there either. first metallica has a shit fit cause people were sharing illegally..now we have it up for purchase and it's legal and they still won't partake...dumbshits!