CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Exposure on Baseball Tonight (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8907)

RMadd 04-03-2005 07:58 PM

Exposure on Baseball Tonight

Ok, so I was just watching Baseball Tonight (& the Red Sox/Yankees Pregame show) on ESPN, and I was posing something in another forum about the movie Fever Pitch (title: "Holy Crap!" in Chatorama). Anyways, I look up, and they started a segment with none other than Flip & Tru. They were talking about how they're big Sox fans dating back to when they got invited to a game, presumably last year. OYE's music vid was playing in the background, and they wer flashing back to it every now and then. They talked about Damon & Arroyo @ the concert in Boston last fall... stuff like that. Fuck the Red Sox. But AB still rocks.

Dogstar 04-03-2005 08:04 PM

I love that they love my favorite team!! Rock on, boys, and GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!! That's cool that they were on!

Higher_Desire 04-03-2005 08:29 PM

Pretty cool. Too bad you weren't recording it.

H-D :pimp:

Soundslave 04-03-2005 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
Pretty cool. Too bad you weren't recording it.

H-D :pimp:

I have it. :D I'll try to post it later.

Wylde-Tremonti 04-03-2005 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
Fuck the Red Sox. But AB still rocks.

DITTO! ... No one's Perfect... lol

Dogstar 04-03-2005 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattr652
I have it. :D I'll try to post it later.

Sweet! That would rule.

Soundslave 04-03-2005 09:52 PM

Alter Bridge on ESPN

There it is. I hope it works. There's a limited number of downloads, but I'm not sure of the exact number.

Dogstar 04-03-2005 10:05 PM

Crap, I'm at work. I hope it's still up by the time I get home :D...Thanks, though.

TeriB19 04-03-2005 11:39 PM

Kerri I'm getting it now. If you don't get it, I'll either send it to you or you can see it Tuesday night at my house.

eta.......sorry, my Windows Media Player isn't playing it for some reason. I'll look into it more tomorrow. Sorry.

RMadd 04-03-2005 11:57 PM

awesome like a possum, yo
i can't believe it, i found myself rooting for the yankees here tonight for the first time in quite a few years

Anna1011 04-04-2005 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattr652
Alter Bridge on ESPN

There it is. I hope it works. There's a limited number of downloads, but I'm not sure of the exact number.

you're the best, thanx. :)

uncertaindrumer 04-04-2005 11:48 AM

I hated it. Nothing interesting except them proclaiming their newfound (and highly misguided) love of the Redsox.

No band is perfect and I have finally found AB's flaw... bunch of retards...

Oh well. They still make music like no one else, and that is kinda more important. lol

titan9 04-04-2005 12:39 PM

I heard about them being on Baseball Tonight last week through an email from Alterbridgeband.net. Of course, me being the supportive Alter Bridge fan that I am, I said, "I definitely have to watch that show now." Unfortunately, I later realized that Baseball Tonight was on at the exact same time as Wrestlemania 21. I decided to go between the two, with WM21 on the main TV and Baseball Tonight on the TV in the bedroom. That's what I ended up doing and, finally, around 7:45 PM, Alter Bridge was on Baseball Tonight. It was pretty sweet to see them on there, but my only complaint is that Mark isn't a Tigers fan, lol. I thought he might be a Tigers fan, 'cause he is from Detroit and all. Anyway, they showed the footage of some of the Red Sox players singing with Alter Bridge at that October concert. I've seen that already, but it was funny to see it again. Not only that, but it reminded me of how truly bad Captain Caveman sings.:D Overall, though, the appearance was a good one. I went back to watching WM21 afterwards and caught WWE Wrestler Edge coming out to "Metalingus". Man, I wish Alter Bridge could have been there live at Wrestlemania to perform that.

titan9 04-04-2005 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
I hated it. Nothing interesting except them proclaiming their newfound (and highly misguided) love of the Redsox.

No band is perfect and I have finally found AB's flaw... bunch of retards...

Oh well. They still make music like no one else, and that is kinda more important. lol

Lol! Now, now, it's not that bad that they are fans of the Sox. I'm not a fan of the Sox, but I can at least tolerate them(unlike that OTHER team from the area). Of course, I'd rather see Mark cheering for the Tigers.

RMadd 04-04-2005 03:54 PM

yeah, it'd make more sense if he was a Tigers fan, but i guess it shows he prolly wasn't a huge baseball fan growing up.
fuck the Red Sox... i wouldn't necessarily call 'em "bunch of retards", but their taste certainly is questionable lol
one thing i did find interesting, tho, was that they only had Flip & Tru, and they introduced themselves as "...Mark Tremonti" "and I'm Scott Phillips" "and we're Alter Bridge".... not "we're part of Alter Bridge" or anything like that