CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   America's Army (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6273)

Steve 04-09-2004 06:29 PM

America's Army

Anyone play the computer game America's Army? I think Mulletman plays it (right?). I finally downloaded it the other day and woah, this game is awsome. If anyone else plays, we should get a game sometime :)

Bridge of Clay 04-09-2004 07:25 PM

Is it good? I saw the ad but didn't pay much attention. I like car racing and sports better. On the other hand, my dad so loves war games, specially the ones from WW2.

I'll recommend it to him. I bet he'll kick your ass!!! ;)

Lechium 04-09-2004 09:20 PM

It's a ripoff of numerous 'militaristic' mods from half-life.

IHMO Day of Defeat (WW2 themed mod for H-L) is a much better militaristic shoot 'em up multiplayer game.

HoundDog 04-09-2004 11:02 PM

I haven't played it :confused: :eek:

Steve 04-09-2004 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium
It's a ripoff of numerous 'militaristic' mods from half-life.

IHMO Day of Defeat (WW2 themed mod for H-L) is a much better militaristic shoot 'em up multiplayer game.

I've never played any other shoot'em up multiplayer games other than Quake 1. I know people rave about HL and Unreal and other games, but I always felt Quake 1 was very fun and entertaining. I was hesitant about downloading AA but I finally made the move and really like it. I've been playing it for the past few days all night long (I should probably be fixing up CreedFeed heh).

Maybe I should try some of these other games that people rave about.

Lechium 04-10-2004 12:19 AM

Well quake1 (and Team Fortress for it) was probably the best shoot em up ever.

They did made straight ports of both Team Fortress (TFClassic) and Quake1 (DMClassic) for half life. Same game play, with very few tweakes (after all HL is made on quake1 engine).

Highly siggest trying that (and screw counter strike -- dumbest game ever)

Steve 04-10-2004 01:50 AM

Yeah, I've seen CS and it didn't appeal to me at all. I think after seeing CS it kind of made me stay with Q1 and not bother any of the other games because it looked like crap to me.

My favorite mod for Q1 was 3wav CTF, unfortunately there's not enough people left in the Q1 community and 3wav CTF has basically died off. :(

Lechium 04-10-2004 02:17 AM

yeah 3wav was a lot of fun.
I was always more into ftc thou -- pyro's rule =)

still duels were my true speciality (mmm ztndm3)-- nervewrecking as hell, but so much fun.

Mulletman 04-10-2004 11:40 AM

Yes Sir! I play America's Army. AA is a simulator, so if you dont follow team work, you will get get screwed and piss off a lot of people. Its sim nature can be very useful to you, you can hear your enemies in the rooms across reloading, walking, opening doors, jumping around, or just making too much noise. AA runs off the same Unreal engine.

"The Terrorist Win" -- counter strike was the stupiest game ever. I do not understand the entire hype with that game. The graphics were beyond sub-par, and its just felt cheap.

The only WWII games I play are Battlefield 1942 and Return to Castle Wolfenstien. Battlefield is fun, i love it. the fact that you can get into almost any vehicle is awsome. Wolfenstien is just a fast pace shooter, it has its moments. I like the single player more than the multiplayer.

I wanna play that new game Far Cry. i dont know if any of you have hear it. Its got some beautiful graphics and the game play just looks amazing.

GeeK_2004 04-10-2004 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoundDog
I haven't played it :confused: :eek:

me either !!!

Xterminator27 04-11-2004 02:17 PM

CS is the best by far.
Its like americas army but a shitload times better.

Mulletman 04-11-2004 03:51 PM

CS has the poorest graphics for a such an overhyped game.

Xterminator27 04-12-2004 11:00 PM

Noone cars for graphics, and they are actually not bad, You just need to change them in the Video option menu to make em as good as you want

Mulletman 04-13-2004 11:35 AM

Lets compare, America's Army

Pic 01

Pic 02

Pic 03

Counter Strike

Pic 01

Pic 02

Pic 03

...X is just mad that this is the only thing he can run off his $399 Dell. ;)

Lechium 04-13-2004 12:39 PM

problem is -- its not graphics that make the game, but the gameplay. I dont like CS's gameplay but a lot of people do. Also since it has simplier grphics it can run on more people's computers.
go figure