CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   High expectations (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=1916)

Xterminator27 02-20-2003 07:51 PM

High expectations

It must be hard for the band to make a new CD now, If ya think about it everyone has such high expectations for them now, It must be impossible to throw out 11 Brand new ass kicken songs. I mean their human like all of us. Now im expection so much from them cuz their last CDs wererso amazing... well just havta see......

hotforscott 02-20-2003 07:54 PM

I know what you mean, sometimes I wonder what it's gonna be like and I cannot wait until it's finally here.

Dogstar 02-20-2003 08:05 PM

I just hope they don't fall into the trap of trying to please too many people, including the fans. So many bands get caught up in the business bs of demographics, focus groups, polls, what the label wants, want the corporate mongers want. I know there has to be a balance, but the success of MOP was due in large part to it being real, honest music, and Creed pretty much pushed it themselves in the beginning. They hit a nerve with people and I just hope they don't have to give up too much artistic integrity to get their music out.

Though I like Weathered, I think it has a more *packaged* feel to it, plus there was such a push to put so many singles out there. Maybe that is Wind-Up's influence as well. Hate to say it, but payola is alive and well. With MOP, people just went nuts over the songs more than the radio stations' being willing to play them. It was a real grass-roots thing.

hotforscott 02-20-2003 08:12 PM

I know what you mean, Dogstar. I hope we get a kick ass album!

HigherGirl 02-20-2003 08:25 PM

I don't think we all need to worry...Creed has put out excellent CD's in the past...I'm sure the next one will rock!!!:jam:

Lechium 02-21-2003 01:43 AM

That's why some bands start experimenting, so follow up is waaaaay different, and noone can compare it to old stuff. Radiohead's "Kid A" is best example really. #1 album with no singles, videos, promotion, and completly different musical style. If creed experiments for next record they are defently gonna grow in eyes of many.

hayley 02-21-2003 02:51 AM

This album is gonna be the deepest one yet.

hide_tremonti 02-21-2003 07:29 AM

Dunno if it's just me...but I was very disappointed with Weathered...

Sheila63 02-21-2003 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
I just hope they don't fall into the trap of trying to please too many people, including the fans. So many bands get caught up in the business bs of demographics, focus groups, polls, what the label wants, want the corporate mongers want. I know there has to be a balance, but the success of MOP was due in large part to it being real, honest music, and Creed pretty much pushed it themselves in the beginning. They hit a nerve with people and I just hope they don't have to give up too much artistic integrity to get their music out.

Though I like Weathered, I think it has a more *packaged* feel to it, plus there was such a push to put so many singles out there. Maybe that is Wind-Up's influence as well. Hate to say it, but payola is alive and well. With MOP, people just went nuts over the songs more than the radio stations' being willing to play them. It was a real grass-roots thing.

I'm with you, Dogstar. I just want the music to be honest and from their hearts. If they do that, it should be a fantastic cd!!:dancing:

Lechium 02-21-2003 01:17 PM

2hide_tremonti: its not just you. Most people are. That's why it sold 1/2 as much once people liek bringing sales up heh

Bridge of Clay 02-21-2003 01:43 PM

x, they´re human but they´re Creed!!! :crest: :jam: !!!

Weathered is an amzing album. I do agree with the package matter, but it kicks ass.
Honestly, I can´t find another band who did a better job.

Lechium 02-21-2003 02:40 PM

In 2002... Sigur Ros, The Flaming Lips, Beck, dredg. None of them had sold a tenth of what creed did, but anyways.

DangerousDan85 02-21-2003 02:48 PM

Dan could fly beneth the wings of the blue bird as she sings

creeder 02-21-2003 03:32 PM

We are waiting for the cd.... but i can trust creed.. they do awsome work all the time!

creedgirl99 02-21-2003 03:51 PM

I know I can't wait for the new cd and tour dates!