CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Favorite All Time Song Writer (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4908)

creedsister 11-14-2003 07:28 PM

hay guys i was just wondreing,,,who is your all time fav,,song writer,,My is jon bon jovi....its not that he writes about diffrent,,stuff,,its the way he comes up with a ballad or a love song,,in a way that i respect,,bed of roses,,i belive he put a lot in that one great song,,,peace

CreedKevin397 11-15-2003 04:50 PM

Bon Jovi the greatest songwriter of all time? Wow, pop culture really has corrupted all of our minds. You have a right to opinion though, whether I agree with it or not.

I would have to say Jim Morrison. He put all his artistic ability and deep understanding of human nature into his lyrics and his poems. The Doors and that man in specific just blow me away.

SmilinSkullRing 11-15-2003 04:58 PM

Bon Jovi?! No comment, but that is your opinion.

For me the greatest songwriter is Bruce Springsteen. Emotions, experiences, and the like help shape our opinions. Bruce has the ability to open my eyes, heart, and mind with his brilliant, beautiful, stark, honest, sometimes complex, and often simple lyrics.

He just barely beats out Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan as the best top three. Not only does his songwriting open my eyes to certain things in the world, but he gets me thinking, makes me have fun, and shows us his soul in many songs. Not many people open their lives to show us their feelings with their lyrics like Bruce does. I feel him connected to so many of his songs, but sometimes you can't feel Dylan connected to his songs, and so many singers seem light years away from what they are singing about.

Not to mention when you combine his lyrics with the music and performances their is no one better. Not only is it about the lyrics, but it's also about the delivery of the lyrics. That's why Bruce stands at the top for me.

After Bruce there is: Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Ed Vedder, John Fogerty, John Hiatt, Ozzy Osbourne, Billy Corgan, Hank Williams Sr., etc.

RMadd 11-15-2003 05:22 PM

Yep, Jim Morrison is pretty damn awesome! Bono writes some amazing stuff, too.

Creed_Defaultgirl 11-15-2003 08:12 PM

Scott Stapp is my all time fav songwriter. After him Brad Arnold.

Dogstar 11-15-2003 08:28 PM

I can never pick just one of these, but here's a few of my faves:

Page and Plant
Jerry Cantrell
Eddie Vedder
John Lennon
Chris Cornell
Jim Morrison
Bono
Kurt Cobain

creedsister 11-15-2003 09:28 PM

yes i love morrison too,,the,,guy was a legend that will never dye but..i have my opion,,as,,well,,i know there,,is,,a lot eddie,,vedder,,people here,,,i have never had know liken to the man,,which makes me even more angry,,when people can compare his singing to stapps,,he just wished,,,,peace

Dogstar 11-15-2003 09:55 PM

As much as I love Scott, Eddie is a better vocalist, range wise and power wise. He's been doing it a lot longer and though he's not as strong as he was back in the day, he's still pretty fricken awesome, IMHO :D.

facelessman 11-16-2003 12:31 AM

im gonna have to go with Scott stapp, kurt cobain, john lennon, bruce springsteen, and eric clapton

SmilinSkullRing 11-16-2003 02:29 AM

Rock on Dogstar and facelessman!!! :D

zin 11-16-2003 04:54 AM

Rob Thomas, Jayy Mannon, Aaron Lewis, Ken Block

CreedKevin397 11-16-2003 01:45 PM

Actually, Brandon Boyd is a close 2nd for me. I've been listening to the Make Yourself cd religiously lately, I can't get over how much Incubus kicks ass. Can't wait for the new album...Boyd is brilliant though. Its funny how I like Morrison and Boyd, because they are pretty much opposites. Morrison wrote about drugs and sex, and Boyd is a more enlightened thinker and Incubus can just totally change my mood.

Torn Signs 11-19-2003 04:54 PM

Stapp's good, Parton's good, but there also many others. I agree with Johnny Cash too. The world of music is really too big for me to choose just one.

creedsister 11-20-2003 07:28 PM

don henley_willie nelson_hank jr_merle hagerd_,,and it could just go on forever

tremonti.net 11-22-2003 02:28 AM

James Hetfield, Tremonti, Chuck Schuldiner, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Maynard James Keenan.
________
Amc eagle
________
MEXICO CITY HOTEL