CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Encouragement and Motivation!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3916)

Lechium 07-30-2003 10:46 PM

How would such motivaion of mine affect you?
Make you angry? Anger is good when you're trying to achive something.

Dogstar 07-30-2003 10:53 PM

Do you mean, how would I react to it? Anger can be a good motivator for some, but not for everybody. It also depends on the goal. I don't think negative reinforcement with regard to weight is particularly helpful. At least it hasn't been for me.

JulieCitySlicker 07-30-2003 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hotforscott
Milano's do rule. I actually found the mini ones over the weekend. They also have mini brussels, those are pretty darn good, too.

Milanos:throwup:

Lechium 07-30-2003 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
Do you mean, how would I react to it?  Anger can be a good motivator for some, but not for everybody. It also depends on the goal. I don't think negative reinforcement with regard to weight is particularly helpful. At least it hasn't been for me.

If everyone constantly calls you a fatass and whale, what do you do? Most people will get sick and tired of it, and try to loose some weight.

Wallowing in self pity is another path, but if you EVER choose to follow it... well you never should really.

Dogstar 07-30-2003 11:03 PM

There are less cruel ways to motivate people. Name-calling is counterproductive. And I don't think it's wallowing in self-pity. There are other factors involved when it comes to being overweight. It's not just about food.

JulieCitySlicker 07-30-2003 11:07 PM

I agree Dogstar;) Calling someone names to try to motivate them will probably make it worse:( I mean some people that are overweight already have a low self esteem:( Why make it worse....that is very cruel treatment!

Lechium 07-30-2003 11:22 PM

Example -- drill sargent in boot camp acts mean and all, but he whips people into shape.
When you call someone fatass, not to get kicks out of it, but to make them angry and make them change their lives -- it's not cruelty.

JulieCitySlicker 07-30-2003 11:25 PM

Maybe that would work for some but if someone called me that I would floor them;)

Lechium 07-30-2003 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
Maybe that would work for some but if someone called me that I would floor them;)

floor me
guess I can call you fatass wall I want than lol

Dogstar 07-30-2003 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium

When you call someone fatass, not to get kicks out of it, but to make them angry and make them change their lives -- it's not cruelty.

It is cruel and childlike. Most kids grow out of it at some point.

JulieCitySlicker 07-30-2003 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium
floor me
guess I can call you fatass wall I want than lol

Except I'm not fat;)

Dogstar 07-30-2003 11:33 PM

This is supposed to be a positive thread and I've let myself tangle needlessly in negativity. I'll try to stay more on topic, sorry everybody.

JulieCitySlicker 07-30-2003 11:36 PM

Thats alright Dogstar:D I kinda strayed from the positive side to:embarass: Back on topic;) Excercising in the morning before you even eat anything helps burn more fat:angel:

Dogstar 07-30-2003 11:39 PM

:D...I agree. I like to exercise before I eat anything. Sometimes, I get an upset stomach if I exercise with any food in my stomach.

JulieCitySlicker 07-30-2003 11:42 PM

I like to do a 3 mile walk before I even eat anything but since its been so hot here I have to have a little something like cereal so I don't pass out from the heat and I take water with me if I walk more than 5 miles, especially when its hot:P