CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Scott Stapp on VH1's I Love the 90s (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7064)

Creed_Defaultgirl 07-14-2004 09:03 PM

I think a lot of times people see "Scott Stapp" and the next word they think of is "ego." Good for Scott for what he said, you go buddy! I want you to want to be you too!

TeriB19 07-14-2004 09:32 PM

It's on tonight at 9:00 est. Oh, and right now 1994 is on and they just showed Chris Jericho, for you Hayley!! :D

Rune 07-14-2004 11:21 PM

i didn't understand what the whole monkey thing meant.

If you watch it, after he says that tidbit of not wanting to be anyone but himself, they crop his head onto the body of a monkey and make a monkey noise.

Didn't really make sense to me, i've never really thought of stapp as a baboon lol.

PS - i didn't think he came off egotistical, but it did think it was a pretty lame thing to say lol. If i were him i probably would've said something to the affect of: "I'd be God so i could kick all your asses for making this show so annoying!!"

Dogstar 07-14-2004 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune

PS - i didn't think he came off egotistical, but it did think it was a pretty lame thing to say lol. If i were him i probably would've said something to the affect of: "I'd be God so i could kick all your asses for making this show so annoying!!"

Hahahaha!

Ann Allusion 07-14-2004 11:49 PM

Quote:

If you watch it, after he says that tidbit of not wanting to be anyone but himself, they crop his head onto the body of a monkey and make a monkey noise.

maybe the "monkey" was because he was goofing off with his answer...ever hear the phrase "monkeying around" ?

that's sorta of how i took it...;)

~peace

creedsister 07-14-2004 11:54 PM

i didnt see it storm knocked out my cable :D Heyyyyyyyyy aint nothing wrong with feeling GOD LIKE : :rockon: :rockon:

hayley 07-15-2004 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Hayley, Scott said it very quietly and without sounding cocky. It really didn't come off bad at all. The clip couldn't have been more then 30 seconds.

I believe you, that was just my opinion. I was just saying how there are basically 2 ways that you can say that, one way being cocky and one way of just being plain proud of youself, and I think Stapp is in between both of those, he always has been, throughout his career, that's just the kind of person he is, it's not necessarily a bad thing. That wasn't a post bashing Stapp, by the way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Oh, and right now 1994 is on and they just showed Chris Jericho, for you Hayley!! :D

Oooh!! :D Damn, I wish I could see this show. Jericho ... :wub: :p

Shadow 07-15-2004 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alter_Rocker
That wasn't a post bashing Stapp, by the way.

Hayley, I know you weren't bashing Scott. I just wanted you to know how he said it, that's all. :D

Agent D 07-15-2004 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alter_Rocker
I believe you, that was just my opinion. I was just saying how there are basically 2 ways that you can say that, one way being cocky and one way of just being plain proud of youself, and I think Stapp is in between both of those, he always has been, throughout his career, that's just the kind of person he is, it's not necessarily a bad thing. That wasn't a post bashing Stapp, by the way.

Exactly. If that wasn't true, people would never have called Scott egotistical at all.

aussiecreeder 07-15-2004 10:03 PM

i think if he wants to get into acting then he needs to find himself some good roles even at a small level, not on shows on VH1. small character roles in a hollywood movie or something like that.

hayley 07-16-2004 02:04 AM

Quote:

Hayley, I know you weren't bashing Scott. I just wanted you to know how he said it, that's all. :D

Okay. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
If that wasn't true, people would never have called Scott egotistical at all.

True, I guess. But people always find something to criticise about. :(

Shadow 07-16-2004 09:36 AM

Just because someone believes in themselves and has strong beliefs, it doesn't mean they have an ego.

Hayley - :hugs:

hayley 07-18-2004 04:06 AM

Quote:

Just because someone believes in themselves and has strong beliefs, it doesn't mean they have an ego.

Was that pointed at me, or not? :o lol