CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   best album lyrically? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5371)

hide 12-29-2003 09:56 PM

best album lyrically?

for me I think My Own Prison is the best the title song is just pure genius. HC is also fantastic and some of those b-sides such as Is This The End and Young Grow old were great. Weathered not quite as good but it also had its moments such as WGMB and OLB. Interestering to see how the album from the new band will turn out lyrically considering Mark and this new singer whoever he/she turns out to be.

creedsister 12-29-2003 10:15 PM

Good lord this is hard one hide,,to me all the creed albums lyrics is what blows me away,,i will always be connecect to the lyrics of sacrafice and hide from weatherd i mean is just really deep and mind blowing of all lyrics on that entire album if you really take the time to listen to it~~but of all the lyrics on the last 3 albums i would say HC above all that albums music and lyrics was mind blowing it was going make you stop and listen~~what if~~peace inside us all~~beautiful~~facelessman~~great ones,,as far as the lyrics is concernd~~Rock On

musicmind226 12-29-2003 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hide
for me I think My Own Prison is the best the title song is just pure genius. HC is also fantastic and some of those b-sides such as Is This The End and Young Grow old were great. Weathered not quite as good but it also had its moments such as WGMB and OLB. Interestering to see how the album from the new band will turn out lyrically considering Mark and this new singer whoever he/she turns out to be.

I think all three had there moments, and as a trilogy they fit nicely together. Unfortunately, I think it's going to be years at the minimal when a new creed CD will come out that has stapp. Who knows, with stapps solo project he may move away from creed an go onto other things.

Still, I'm so excited about this new band....every day I think what could come from this. Still I can't wait to see what the new singer will be like male or female. And for godsake, will brian be in it? The question that baffles us all......

Yea, people are going to be pissed because it will be stappless. But well........... Unfinished thought...get back to me on that.

Alter Shredder 12-29-2003 11:31 PM

All are some of the best lyrical albums out. but the best one of the three IMHO is My Own Prison.

hayley 12-29-2003 11:42 PM

Best album lyrically, I've always said My Own Prison. It's just so dark and deep, more so than Human Clay and Weathered. And dark and deep is what makes brilliant lyrics!

Creed_Defaultgirl 12-29-2003 11:53 PM

I can't decide between either HC or MOP. They are both so great, but MOP might just have more meaning to it than some of the HC songs. Let's say 50/50, cuz some songs just mean more than others, if ya know what I mean!

hayley 12-29-2003 11:57 PM

Yeah, I defenitly know what you mean. They are hard to seperate, but lyrically I go for My Own Prison, and musically Human Clay :)

creedlvr 12-30-2003 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hide

Wow! You said what I was thinking ... almost exactly!

MOP as a whole just had some of the greatest, deepest lyrics. MOP, the song, still blows me away every time I hear it. It is so deep and meaningful. It is really one of my favorites for that reason.

HC ... I think the lyrics to Faceless Man are really deep too. Another one of my favorites.

Weathered ... I'd have to go with OLB and WGMB.

Overall ... its MOP for me!

creedlvr 12-30-2003 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind226
Yea, people are going to be pissed because it will be stappless.

Yes ... and that would be me. I just can't be excited for this new band at all!

Oh well ... I won't go there!

JulieCitySlicker 12-30-2003 12:17 AM

Best lyrically for me would be Weathered :)

hayley 12-30-2003 12:18 AM

Good idea let's not bring up anything like that once again

PaulMcCoygirl 12-30-2003 12:18 AM

Human Clay

facelessman 12-30-2003 01:24 AM

ill go with HC

creedsister 12-30-2003 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelessman
ill go with HC

what a way to go

WeatheredWoman 12-30-2003 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedlvr
Yes ... and that would be me. I just can't be excited for this new band at all!

Oh well ... I won't go there!

:ignore:

WeatheredWoman 12-30-2003 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
Good idea let's not bring up anything like that once again

WeatheredWoman 12-30-2003 12:34 PM

Hmmm... Best album lyrically??

That must be: " My own weathered human prison clay" :D

Creed_Defaultgirl 12-30-2003 02:31 PM

There ya go! Great choice! ;) I totaly forgot about that album!

JulieCitySlicker 12-30-2003 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
Hmmm... Best album lyrically??

That must be: " My own weathered human prison clay" :D

Good One ;)

hehehehe :D

creedlvr 12-30-2003 02:51 PM

Quote:

Good idea!

Jez 12-30-2003 03:49 PM

Love all of them, but have to say that HC just edges out the other two by a fraction...

creedsister 12-30-2003 06:20 PM

Quote:

HA HA HAHA HA :lolsign:

hide 12-30-2003 07:11 PM

maybe i'm hoping rather then expecting, but we could still a get a new Creed album by say late 2005. This new band and Stapp bring out their albums this year and tour hopefully and we get this anthology thing with hopefully a couple of new songs, one at the least. Hopefully this break rekindles the fire so to speak and everyone realises what a good thing they have and the talent that is there. I still think that Brett Hestla is likely to be Creed's bass player not Brian Marshall.

Dogstar 12-30-2003 07:17 PM

For me, MOP is the best lyrically. The songs just hit me so hard. HC also has some awesome lyrics (Faceless Man, What If), but taken as a whole, I like MOP lyrically the best.

hide 12-30-2003 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
For me, MOP is the best lyrically. The songs just hit me so hard. HC also has some awesome lyrics (Faceless Man, What If), but taken as a whole, I like MOP lyrically the best.

cool I think I may of been a bit hard on Weathered. Sure it may not be as good lyrically as the first two but compared to what is out there it is still right up there. WGMB, OLB, My Sacrifice, Weathered and Hide are fantastic and so many of these songs in retrospect to events such as the September 11 bombings took on even more meaning. If you focus on that event and listen to Freedom Fighter it fires you up like nothing else!

Dogstar 12-30-2003 07:27 PM

Yeah, I think collectively, Weathered sounds lighter, but you're right, Hide, Weathered, OLB, WGMB and My Sacrifice are all terrific lyrically. WGMB sent chills down my spine when I first heard it. It's a really sweet song, musically and lyrically.

hide 12-30-2003 07:46 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I think collectively, Weathered sounds lighter, but you're right, Hide, Weathered, OLB, WGMB and My Sacrifice are all terrific lyrically. WGMB sent chills down my spine when I first heard it. It's a really sweet song, musically and lyrically.

Well DSD was almost a b-side and if Lullaby wasen't on the album and it was replaced with "Nothing" which we think is quite dark it would much more like My Own Prison and the album would have a much different feel, a much darker one!

Dogstar 12-30-2003 07:50 PM

Yeah, I agree about DSD...a couple of harder songs would have made a bigger difference, I think.

njcreedite 12-30-2003 08:07 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I agree about DSD...a couple of harder songs would have made a bigger difference, I think.

Yup!!! Agree with you on this. :D

lifelovesoul 12-30-2003 08:38 PM

Very hard for me to choose. All three albums have lyrics on them that just blow me away.

MOP, One, WTLF, Faceless man, WAWO, Inside Us All, Higher, What If, WGMB, My Sacrifice, OLB, Hide, Weathered, Stand Here With Me, Is This The End....

That's my list of songs that absolutley blow me away!

CREED ROCKS MY LIFE!!!

SCOTTSMYMAN 12-31-2003 09:34 AM

Gotta go with "Human Clay" but I love them all soo much! MOP was written for me, the songs just came off to me at all sides and "Weathered' well, we all know when that came out and it was at a time when I really needed just about everyone of those songs! But HC was just incredible! What else can I say!?

musicmind226 12-31-2003 02:08 PM

Speaking of hestla, what the heck is he going to be doing? Now that creed has temorarily disbanded I guess it's fully back to the virgos. Kinda feel a bit sorry, becasue he seemed to have such a kin to creed.

Sheila63 12-31-2003 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifelovesoul
Very hard for me to choose. All three albums have lyrics on them that just blow me away.

MOP, One, WTLF, Faceless man, WAWO, Inside Us All, Higher, What If, WGMB, My Sacrifice, OLB, Hide, Weathered, Stand Here With Me, Is This The End....

That's my list of songs that absolutley blow me away!

CREED ROCKS MY LIFE!!!

I'm with you, lifelovesoul. I don't think I could pick one album. Each one has songs that I love and hit home for me. But if I had to choose, I would say Human Clay.

hide 01-01-2004 07:07 PM

I have no idea what Hestla will be doing, I thought he had a good thing with Creed and it was a matter of time until he became a fully fledged member of the band. I thought that Virgos had split, if so I guess he can form a new band or do a solo album of his own.

musicmind226 01-01-2004 11:25 PM

Hey, in a magazince theres an ad with tremo standing holding he silver PRS and underneath his leather jacket he's wearing a virgos T-shirt. Pretty cool.

But, I think brett may go back to whats left of virgos because now that creed COULD be gone for awile there no need for permanent and OR touring bassist. He seemed like a pretty rad dude.

hide 01-03-2004 05:06 AM

yeah thats true he probably will go to Virgos or what is left of it, wish him well hopefully we can have him in the band a little bit down the track but no too long!

Weathered is another great song lyrically espesically that last paragraph!