CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dsd Video Reviews (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=137)

Creedture 10-04-2002 09:13 PM

Dsd Video Reviews

Ok..I just checked out the video...

Basically, its nothing more than a performance video. I was highly dissapointed, DSD is such an amazing song that they could have done so much with...but they did a simple performance in a church. Dont get me wrong, its an amazing performance...but it doesnt go with the song at all...

If you've seen the video...reply with your opinion of it.

-Nic

Unforgiven Fan 10-04-2002 10:30 PM

It is the best they have done....it is going back to the basics..it is just KICK ASS!!!!

Mulletman 10-04-2002 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Unforgiven Fan
It is the best they have done....it is going back to the basics..it is just KICK ASS!!!!

agreed

Creedture 10-05-2002 10:17 AM

dont get me wrong..im not saying its a bad video...I just think for the kind of song that is, they could have done something besides a performance scene ya know?

TeriB19 10-05-2002 10:51 AM

Yeah but you have to consider the fact that they are in the middle of a huge world tour. Where would they get the time to do a big production number? While I still haven't seen it, I didn't really expect a lot of bells and whistles because they aren't just lying on the beach with lots of time to just hang around doing nothing. They are doing 5-6 shows a week. We're lucky they got some free time to do the video that they did.

Steve 10-05-2002 11:07 AM

I don't think their main concern is producing music videos. They've already shown that they don't need music videos to succeed...

The purpose of the music video is to just give something extra to fans. They aren't trying to impress you with the video; they impress you live in concert.

I agree though that for the type of song, the video is weak. They could have done MUCH more with it, but choose to do a simple band playing vid. It's cool, but could have been better.

Unforgiven Fan 10-05-2002 12:10 PM

they could have done better but they're not a video a band so it is no big deal. Like people they are in a tour schedule and they do not have time for the big production. After WAWO, MS, Bullets, OLB with stapp walking around or doing something is kinda old and I guess after all the big production videos they decided to keep it simple. There is not Stapp hogging the video thing and flip and mark gets some more time in it and mark is the only one the even goes out of the church..I think they relized that Stapp walking by himself is old and they need to show that they are great together..that is my opinon...

Pittock 10-05-2002 02:16 PM

I enjoyed the DSD video better than Bullets. It was broken up but I liked seeing everybody. The neck injury could have prevented them doing anything extensive too. With touring, Scott may be worn out.

Dogstar 10-05-2002 02:38 PM

I have yet to see it. My modem connection is too slow, and at work I couldn't install real player because of a firewall, so it wouldn't play. Did they have any crowd shots in it? They mentioned at their concerts that the single would be a live version.

Unforgiven Fan 10-05-2002 03:24 PM

no crowds..just amy stapp and several other people in a church....

Dogstar 10-05-2002 03:33 PM

Thanks, Unforgiven

Unforgiven Fan 10-05-2002 03:45 PM

if you want to see some stills of the videos here is a link:

http://www.creed-fanatic.com/forums/viewto...c.php?topic=853

TeriB19 10-05-2002 10:02 PM

Hey U.F. thanks very much!! That's more of the video than I've seen. Better to see the still pics than to hear the song and see chopped up dark fuzzy images. I hate my computer.:(

Taylor 10-07-2002 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve
I don't think their main concern is producing music videos. They've already shown that they don't need music videos to succeed...  

The purpose of the music video is to just give something extra to fans. They aren't trying to impress you with the video; they impress you live in concert.

I agree though that for the type of song, the video is weak. They could have done MUCH more with it, but choose to do a simple band playing vid. It's cool, but could have been better.

I totally agree with Steve, they aren't trying to impress anyone with the videos, they impress us in concert!! But, yes, they COULD have done ALOT with the video, but just didn't

Unforgiven Fan 10-07-2002 04:38 PM

why put out a video that is going to outtop the single that is for??

it is bad that some bands today are only remembered for the videos they made not the music..I am glad that Creed makes a videos that are good to watch but yet listening to the music is better...