CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Velvet Revolver's Contraband (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6824)

aussiecreeder 06-08-2004 01:31 AM

Velvet Revolver's Contraband

I bought Contraband yesterday and below are my brief thoughts on the album. Go and out and get you'll love it! :D

Its impossible for the album to live up to the unrealistic expectations that the PR machine hyped up but it is very good. It is a real blend some hard rockers, some punk rockers, ballads and the like. Josh Abraham is one of the best producers in the business you can hear all the instruments and voices quite clearly. About the solos its not the 1980's as they've gone for a modern sound but Slash still shows us why his reputation precedes him. All the players are intregal to the mix and Duff and Matt Sorum are one of the better rhythmn sections in the business.

Don't expect too much there is material that will remind you of GNR or STP or both but if you want a good rock album with a bit of edge you'll like it. They have being compared to Audioslave but thus far I prefer Contraband.

Creed_Defaultgirl 06-08-2004 02:08 AM

Did you guys see them on Letterman here a while back. Quite a show, eh? That was some dance Scott Weiland was doing, LOL.

Vixen_255 06-08-2004 10:23 AM

Thanx for the info. handmedown!

I'll have to go get it & I'll tell one of my best friends we both love G&R & STP!!!

farmgirl 06-09-2004 08:39 AM

I picked this up yesterday but haven't listened yet. I'll probably listen on the way to work. :D

aussiecreeder 06-09-2004 10:16 AM

some great rockers but the best songs are probably the slower numbers such as "fall to pieces" "you've got no right" and "loving the alien".

The Lithium 06-09-2004 11:21 AM

Alterflip sended it to me a few days ago... He had it a week before it was released. Actually I didn't thought the whole record was that great. If you just listen to one song it's really good, but the whole record sound too much a-like!

Dogstar 06-09-2004 11:46 AM

I'm going to pick it up later today. Thanks for the review, hide!

RMadd 06-10-2004 04:58 PM

it's a pretty good cd... bought it tuesday, put it on my computer right away
saw 'em on letterman, too... by the way scott was dancing and dressed, i thought maybe he had recently come out of the closet or something

Dogstar 06-10-2004 06:55 PM

Ok, I was going to buy it the other day, but D'OH, I couldn't get to the store. Anyway, I finally heard Slither. It was OK.

Bridge of Clay 06-10-2004 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Ok, I was going to buy it the other day, but D'OH, I couldn't get to the store. Anyway, I finally heard Slither. It was OK.

the whole album is ok. I'm NOT buying it.

Dogstar 06-10-2004 07:59 PM

LOL, Marcos, not a fan, eh? I knew it would be hard for them to live up to the hype. I'd still like to see them in concert, though. I've heard the shows have been pretty lively and rockin'.

aussiecreeder 06-10-2004 09:24 PM

its worth it for the ballads including "fall to pieces", "loving the alien" and "you've got no right". it can't live to the hype but its better than anything else released this year so far IMO.

Dogstar 06-10-2004 09:25 PM

Hell, I'm still going to see them! I just ordered my ticket for Atlantic City!! Weeeeee!

aussiecreeder 06-10-2004 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Hell, I'm still going to see them! I just ordered my ticket for Atlantic City!! Weeeeee!

i'm green with envy! :D

Dogstar 06-10-2004 09:28 PM

The ticket was wicked expensive. I think it's some sort of festival or something, but then, everything's more expensive in A.C....I'll have to look more into it. It's the only show I could make that was close to my area. But I'm stoked because I never saw STP or GnR back in the day :D.