CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Alter Bridge First Listen!!!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6841)

Bridge of Clay 06-16-2004 10:25 PM

Mark started writing right after the nye concert. he was itchy to be playing but stapp needed the break.

ctfan 06-17-2004 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
What's with the 'woooooo ooooooh' stuff?

The first thing that came to my mind was "yodeling"...but I can't find a better word for it. Hmmm, dunno if that makes sense or not. :)

Shadow 06-17-2004 12:58 PM

I'm not sure yet. I have to listen to it a few more times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
What's with the 'woooooo ooooooh' stuff?

My thoughts to.

Like Marcos said, My Sacrifice gave me chills the first time I heard it too. Scott's voice still gives me chills when I listen to the acoustic version of Torn. I liked just about all Creed songs the first time I heard them. The only ones that had to grow on me were Bullets and FF, but I love them now.

Anyway - we're not talking about Creed here :( . So, back to AB - I'll have to wait until the album comes out. Seems like the local stations here are not picking up on AB. They are still talking about the Creed break-up and I have yet to hear AB even mentioned.l

Xterminator27 06-17-2004 01:04 PM

It was alright but it seems WAY to radio-friendly and Popy unlike the cool Misteriouse Funky sound of creed that kicks UBER ass.

It was Good and seemed verry.... MTV friendly.

It dosnt come close to comparing with creed though =(, oh well im still buying teh CD and hopefully they will have better different songs

guitarchitect 06-17-2004 03:21 PM

i've been readin some posts and i dont think it's like creed. sure.. there is a similar style.. Mark is still Mark. but he has written some great stuff and done a great job
i love the new song. but creed? no. alter bridge is alter bridge.
i think myles really does a great job too. he really does have an awesome voice. i think he fits well with the band. can't wait for more from alter bridge. it's a new era. creed are done. we have to remember that

TremontiRx 06-17-2004 04:18 PM

Come on guys! Did you think it would sound like Manson or something? :wtf: It's still Scotty P., Brian, and Mark. And like someone else said, Mark never stopped writting, so some of these songs *were* going to be Creed songs. We've been promised that there is MUCH heavier stuff on the CD and I'm honestly not surprised that they went with a song like this for the debut. Last time I checked, being widely played on the radio was a good thing.

Let's not all rush to judgement just because....well, for whatever reason.

I, for one, absolutely love it!

RockGoddess 06-17-2004 04:19 PM

Guitarchitect, I agree wholeheartedly! Yes, you're going to hear some things that may remind of you of Creed; it is Mark's music we are listening too. But it is a whole new band, with a new feel, and a new spirit. I, personally LOVE Myle's voice. And I certainly don't think we've heard everything that Myles can do just in OYE.

I like Stapp's voice too, I'm not taking anything away from him. But to me Myles' voice is more soothing. At least in this song, and I like that.

luvin monti 06-17-2004 04:29 PM

Not to mention....Myles has a bit larger range!

The song just kicks major ass! :D

Shadow 06-22-2004 09:47 AM

I've listened to the song a few more times. The lyrics have definitely gotten to me, more so then I thought they would.

Dogstar 06-23-2004 11:44 AM

Ok, I heard the song. It didn't blow me away or anything. I agree with others who said it sounds a little too Creed-like, but given that three-fourths of the members were in Creed, I guess that's a given. What disappointed me a bit is that it's the lighter side of Creed rather than the heavier and heavier was what was being hyped. I know it's supposed to be radio-friendly and all, but I hope they haven't compromised their creative process to satisfy the suits at the record label. That being said...I love Myles' voice and I really enjoyed the harmonies. I'm hoping the rest of the album is harder sounding, though.

Bridge of Clay 06-23-2004 12:44 PM

I don't think it's Creed. at first listen I did, but you keep hearing it and hear new details. What we liked is there and there are new additions to their own sound.

And ds, Denise (Michael's g/f) said the rest of the album is way harder! Well... I don't dig harder stuff... but it seems most of the fans do. Anyway, I loved OYE and I can't wait for what's to come!

johellion 07-02-2004 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
I'm not sure yet. I have to listen to it a few more times.

My thoughts to.

Like Marcos said, My Sacrifice gave me chills the first time I heard it too. Scott's voice still gives me chills when I listen to the acoustic version of Torn. I liked just about all Creed songs the first time I heard them. The only ones that had to grow on me were Bullets and FF, but I love them now.

Anyway - we're not talking about Creed here :( . So, back to AB - I'll have to wait until the album comes out. Seems like the local stations here are not picking up on AB. They are still talking about the Creed break-up and I have yet to hear AB even mentioned.l

Well..... that is why U have to call and request the song!!! The more it is requested ...the more it will be played!!! It is rocking in Mississippi!!!! and other places as well!!!

I'mRational 07-05-2004 11:06 AM

Great song....

Shadow 07-09-2004 04:12 PM

Michael are you still reading this thread?

What has been the reaction in other parts of the country?

I went to Best Buy today and they had a list of August releases. AB was not on it. So I asked the guy who worked in the CD section. I asked him if AB was coming out in August. He looked at me and had no idea what I was talking about. I said "you know the guys from Creed". He goes "I have no idea what you're talking about." I told him he should - he works in the CD section.

I'm sorry to say, but I still haven't heard the song on the radio here.

Saskane 08-25-2004 03:30 PM

i'm going to the concert in amsterdam!!! I like the music of alter bridge! but i think creed was better.. i misses Scotts voice...