CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's up with this? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5562)

Chris98GT 01-17-2004 06:05 PM

What's up with this?

So I haven't been around these parts since last May, since I knew Creed was taking a break, but now that it's 2004 I started wondering what they were up to. I found a link to this story:
Quote:

Copied from: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...news-headlines

Singer speaks out on lawsuit, life

.......With 30 million albums sold, the post-grunge group with a Christian tinge stepped out of the limelight shortly after four fans sued the band -- for $2 million on behalf of 15,000 concertgoers -- following a Chicago concert that they described as lackluster.

But Stapp said Monday that allegations he was drunk or that the band's performance was halfhearted were simply bogus.

For instance, when fans said he appeared to have passed out onstage, Stapp said, he was making a dramatic statement during the song "Who's Got My Back?"

"I had some things going on in my life. I kind of felt alone. And it was a symbol that I didn't think anybody had my back at the time.

"Some people get it. Some people don't."

In his messages, Stapp sounded frustrated but not angry. And very serious.

"We appreciate the fans," he said. "We know that the fans are the reason we are here today. And that night, we gave it everything that we had -- like we do every night."

Stapp could not be reached for a follow-up interview. But his attorney, Rob McNeely, said band members wanted to air their opinion that the show was a good one. McNeely cited an online petition with 1,310 fans who agree. Stapp said that in the past, his band has given repeat shows for performances band members thought were subpar. The Chicago show, he said, was not one of them.

"If these allegations were true, the band would, of course, feel that the fans deserved a free show," he said. "These allegations are a lie. They're false."

Stapp did not offer an explanation for why he thought fans would sue him for a strong show. While he did say he was "fighting off illness" at the time, he "It was a symbolic, personal gesture," Stapp said of his decision to lie down during the show. said he watched the concert on tape and doesn't understand the fuss.

"We didn't feel like it was an awful show," he said. "That's why it kind of shocked us."

:lolsign:

He can't be serious!? Anyone that was there knows the show was a fucking disaster.

"That night, we gave it everything that we had."
- Um, yeah, about as much as you can give while bombed off your ass on Maker's Mark whiskey.

"It was a symbolic, personal gesture," Stapp said of his decision to lie down during the show."
- Yeah, a personal gesture that said, "HAHA I'M SOOO DRUNK AND I'M ON STAGE AND I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THIS SHOW AND THESE FANS RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE." :mad:

I'm not trying to stir up the pot or anything, believe me. I just wanted to see what everyone thought of this. I can't believe he doesn't have the balls to fess up to his actions and apologize. I could care less about a free show or money back. Just a simple, "I messed up, I'm sorry." That's it. And he can't even do it.

Sorry Scott, but until you fess up or change your ways, you lost a fan.

No wonder Mark and Flip recruited Brian to start a new band. Can't wait to hear their stuff.

P.S. - Did anyone miss me? Teri? :D

Dogstar 01-17-2004 06:24 PM

Quote:

I'm not trying to stir up the pot or anything, believe me.

Really? :rolleyes:

Chris98GT 01-17-2004 06:28 PM

Hey I'm trying to be civil here, maybe you could do the same?

Dogstar 01-17-2004 06:29 PM

That was civil. No name calling was involved, no profanity, just my opinion. *Looks for that beating-a-dead-horse icon..* :D

Chris98GT 01-17-2004 06:32 PM

heh, Sorry that I don't live, breathe, eat and shit Creed (I do that for Metallica :D ). This is news to me.

Bridge of Clay 01-17-2004 06:32 PM

YAYNESS! THE TROLL IS BACK! :rolleyes:

now get the out of here, punk.

The first time you were here, you came to bash Creed. Do you expect us to believe in you when you're saying you're here to stir shit?

:umbrella: excuse me :umbrella:

Chris98GT 01-17-2004 06:35 PM

Can't we all just get along? :(

Dogstar 01-17-2004 06:36 PM

Well, then, look for the scads of threads on this topic instead of repeating what's been said and dissected a gazillion times...Why don't you go play at the Metallica board if you're such a fan.

Chris98GT 01-17-2004 06:39 PM

Been on MetClub's boards for a good while now....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
The first time you were here, you came to bash Creed. Do you expect us to believe in you when you're saying you're here to stir shit?

FYI, I was a big Creed fan. The last time I was here I was hurt and angry. You would have been too if you had witnessed what I and the rest of Chicago did.

I got over it all a long time ago. I was actually looking forward to some new Creed in 2004, but things aren't looking that good I guess.

Scott always seemed like a class act. But after reading that article, I now know better.

Oh well. I still love the music, but I won't be attending anymore concerts (if they ever tour again).

JulieCitySlicker 01-17-2004 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
YAYNESS! THE TROLL IS BACK! :rolleyes:

now get the out of here, punk.

:umbrella: excuse me :umbrella:

Ya no kidding :rolleyes: Lose one troll and gain another! I thought we got rid of the trolls when Lech left :wtf:

Bridge of Clay 01-17-2004 08:02 PM

oh... did Leech leave for good? I remember he saying he would spend some time with his parents...

JulieCitySlicker 01-17-2004 08:06 PM

Hmm! Not sure Marcos, I'm just glad he's not around :D

creedsister 01-17-2004 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Invisible Kid
So I haven't been around these parts since last May, since I knew Creed was taking a break, but now that it's 2004 I started wondering what they were up to. I found a link to this story:

:lolsign:

He can't be serious!? Anyone that was there knows the show was a fucking disaster.

"That night, we gave it everything that we had."
- Um, yeah, about as much as you can give while bombed off your ass on Maker's Mark whiskey.

"It was a symbolic, personal gesture," Stapp said of his decision to lie down during the show."
- Yeah, a personal gesture that said, "HAHA I'M SOOO DRUNK AND I'M ON STAGE AND I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THIS SHOW AND THESE FANS RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE." :mad:

I'm not trying to stir up the pot or anything, believe me. I just wanted to see what everyone thought of this. I can't believe he doesn't have the balls to fess up to his actions and apologize. I could care less about a free show or money back. Just a simple, "I messed up, I'm sorry." That's it. And he can't even do it.

Sorry Scott, but until you fess up or change your ways, you lost a fan.

No wonder Mark and Flip recruited Brian to start a new band. Can't wait to hear their stuff.

P.S. - Did anyone miss me? Teri? :D

As To a Army Of creed Fans Im sure The 4 of you Fricking MORONS wont be Missed :deadhorse :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

Bridge of Clay 01-17-2004 09:16 PM

4 of you ????? :confused:

Dogstar 01-17-2004 09:17 PM

Yeah, I'm confused, too, Marcos.