CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Holy Cow!! Can't believe no one mentioned this! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5409)

TeriB19 01-02-2004 05:10 PM

Holy Cow!! Can't believe no one mentioned this!

Ok, so it's not really THAT big a deal, but all you sharp eagle-eyed CreedINK recipients have missed something that caught my eye today. Check out page 7, bottom right hand corner pic of Scott, Flip and a blonde. Scott's in a red striped shirt and is holding something in his left hand. Guess what it is!!!! :smokin:

Sheila63 01-02-2004 06:08 PM

Very observant, Teri. :) I didn't notice that before.

SCOTTSMYMAN 01-02-2004 07:09 PM

I love you Scott, but you are an IDIOT!!! I won't say anything more than that! OMG!!!! :( :rolleyes:

It explains alot to me about his voice!

Dogstar 01-02-2004 07:10 PM

Dammit, I'm at work so I can't check mine :D.

SCOTTSMYMAN 01-02-2004 07:11 PM

You don't want to know and it really just pissed me off! :mad:

jimmy2sacs 01-02-2004 07:15 PM

what is it?

SCOTTSMYMAN 01-02-2004 07:35 PM

He's smoking a cigarette! The stupid ASS!!! :mad1: :mad: :censored: :cuss: :grr:

Julbright 01-02-2004 07:52 PM

SHUT UP!!!!! He is not!!!!! really????????? argh :wtf:

SCOTTSMYMAN 01-02-2004 07:54 PM

Yes, he is really!!! Explains why he's having sooo much trouble with his voice! I used to smoke, quit five years ago! It did nothing for my throat but now that I don't smoke I've got it back! They say there is nothing worse than an x-smoker and it's true!

Frankie 01-02-2004 07:56 PM

Just an FYI...that picture was taken during the Making of the Video (My Sacrifice) special...before the Weathered tour started. Scott said in an interview that he had quit once the tour got underway....so maybe he's not so stupid after all. ;)

Julbright 01-02-2004 07:59 PM

yes I used to smoke too and you are right reformed smokers are the worst. I just can't believe he would make such a stupid choice - if I was a concert pianist I wouldn't go around getting in fist fights risking my fingers....if I was a supermodel (ha ha) I wouldn't go like dirt bike racing and risk getting beat up and bruised... what the hell is he thinking? Aside from the obvious health risks - he is jeapordizing his livlihood. Just one more thing that makes me worry about the bozo - still love him though...

Higher_Desire 01-02-2004 08:01 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought he quit smoking back when Jagger was born because he wanted to be clean for his son! At least, that's what he said in that SPIN magazine interview a few years ago. It says in that same article he was chewing tobbacco at the time of the interview... Check it out if you don't believe me.

Do we really know it's a new picture? Who is the blonde woman? Is it Hilarie? Scott's smoking in this picture, but it's from the My Own Prison days... So, either it's an old picture, or he started again. I'm going under the assumption of it's an old picture, since I haven't seen it yet.

H-D :darkdance

SCOTTSMYMAN 01-02-2004 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
Just an FYI...that picture was taken during the Making of the Video (My Sacrifice) special...before the Weathered tour started. Scott said in an interview that he had quit once the tour got underway....so maybe he's not so stupid after all. ;)

Thanks for the info Frankie, I didn't know that but it's still stupid! Even if he did quit it's still bad for his voice! I sing all the time and it was all I did in High School! It really hurt my voice and even though I don't smoke anymore my voice isn't the same! I can still sing but it's forever changed!

Higher_Desire 01-02-2004 08:04 PM

Quote:

Could someone scan the picture and post it???

SCOTTSMYMAN 01-02-2004 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought he quit smoking back when Jagger was born because he wanted to be clean for his son! At least, that's what he said in that SPIN magazine interview a few years ago. It says in that same article he was chewing tobbacco at the time of the interview... Check it out if you don't believe me.

Do we really know it's a new picture? Who is the blonde woman? Is it Hilarie? Scott's smoking in this picture, but it's from the My Own Prison days... So, either it's an old picture, or he started again. I'm going under the assumption of it's an old picture, since I haven't seen it yet.

It's a new pic Colin! So, I would have to say he started smoking again or he just never quit! The women is not Hilary!

Frankie 01-02-2004 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTTSMYMAN
It's a new pic Colin! So, I would have to say he started smoking again or he just never quit! The women is not Hilary!

Guess it all depends on what you consider new...that picture was taken late summer 2001...before the release of the Weathered album.

SCOTTSMYMAN 01-02-2004 08:27 PM

Well, it's a newer pic than the one he posted!

Dogstar 01-02-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

Guess it all depends on what you consider new...that picture was taken late summer 2001...before the release of the Weathered album.

Good lord, couldn't they put more up-to-date photos in this mag? I hate to say this, but CreedInk has been quite a disappointment.

SCTMM's hubby 01-02-2004 08:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the Picture so all can see.

TeriB19 01-02-2004 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Good lord, couldn't they put more up-to-date photos in this mag? I hate to say this, but CreedInk has been quite a disappointment.

Exactly!! If Frankie is correct and this was taken before the Weathered tour, what's next for the next issue? Stills of the making of My Own Prison? I honestly thought it was a more recent pic because it's in the latest CreedINK, guess not everything is as it seems.

ps.....Thanks to Steve for scanning the pic.

Higher_Desire 01-02-2004 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCTMM's hubby
Here's the Picture so all can see.

WHOA! That chick's UGLY! :yikes:

I mean... Thanks for the pic. Acute laryingitys my ARSE!

facelessman 01-02-2004 09:00 PM

his cool points just went down

JenRN 01-02-2004 10:11 PM

Yes I noticed this right away as well. But I hate to break it to you, the 2 times I was in the pit I saw him smoke first hand behind the stage. When they would take a brief break someone handed him a smoke and he took some drags off of it. I also saw him spit his wad of tobacco as well at one show. The one time he was right in my face singing I could see his pearly white teeth and I wondered how the hell he kept them so damn white especially if he chews. All I know is he had beautiful teeth, I just wanted to reach up and kiss him he was so damn close ;)

Creed_Defaultgirl 01-02-2004 11:29 PM

:( I'm dissapointed, but love him anyway. I could really use some good news instead of depressing news about my favorite band. It's really getting me down. :(

lifelovesoul 01-02-2004 11:32 PM

Scott, you are breaking my heart

facelessman 01-03-2004 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenRN
I could see his pearly white teeth and I wondered how the hell he kept them so damn white especially if he chews.

he has the money for all those whitening stuff, ya know?

Sheila63 01-03-2004 12:39 AM

Quote:

You're right, Frankie, because I remember seeing a few similar pics in the first CreedINK so it was a little over two years ago.

Alter Shredder 01-03-2004 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelessman
his cool points just went down

not just the cool points but the respect as well.

JenRN 01-03-2004 09:46 AM

I guess I am the black sheep of the bunch. I personally could care less if he smokes or chews, that is his business. Of course it affects his voice, that is no mystery. I think that for him especially he is "scrutinized" to the extreme for whatever he does and it simply is not fair. I like him smoking or not, I myself am a non smoker but I just look a little deeper before I pass too much judgement. Who knows maybe it is his only coping mechanism? :dunno:

mamm1234 01-03-2004 09:59 AM

Wow, Teri , you're pretty observant, never noticed that. I'm not a smoker but know plenty so that idea that he could just stop at will at the beginning of a tour seems pretty far fetched. Guess Jen set us straight on that one.

Don't you feel kind of betrayed. When you think of all fans went through because of all the cancellations. But, oh, if it was only ciggies....we wouldn't have had shows like we had at the end of the tour, State College and Chicago eg.

You know what though, Eddie Vedder not only smokes but smokes on stage during shows, along with chugging from a bottle of wine. His voice is fine but their tours are well planned and they don't criss cross the country for a year totally getting burnt out. At least he's honest and doesn't hide anything.

Thanks Teri and Jen...just another piece of the puzzle I guess as sad as it is.

Julbright 01-03-2004 10:34 AM

I don't think we can totally blame his voice troubles on cigarettes but we can certainly assume it doesn't help matters! So many performers smoke so that isn't the only culprit. It just adds another piece of the story to me - that he seems to be going down the road to falling apart - I am not judging him - just wishing I could help him. If he needs support and coping skills - I could be his crutch!!! ;)

SCTMM's hubby 01-03-2004 10:57 AM

OMG!!! he's smoking SO WHAT . At least he's not hanging from the rafters shooting heroin or doing crack.

TeriB19 01-03-2004 11:08 AM

Geez, it's just a cigarette. I only brought it up because I was surprised no one else had seen it in that picture. Steve's right, it's not like there's a picture of him fondling little boys or holding Jagger while feeding hungry crocodiles.

creedlvr 01-03-2004 12:15 PM

Quote:

Yes I noticed this right away as well. But I hate to break it to you, the 2 times I was in the pit I saw him smoke first hand behind the stage. When they would take a brief break someone handed him a smoke and he took some drags off of it. I also saw him spit his wad of tobacco as well at one show. The one time he was right in my face singing I could see his pearly white teeth and I wondered how the hell he kept them so damn white especially if he chews. All I know is he had beautiful teeth, I just wanted to reach up and kiss him he was so damn close ;)

He was THAT close to you?? OMG!!! I would just die! I was within arm's length of him at the NYE show and I thought THAT was exciting! WOW! I'm SO jealous!

Anyway, I did notice him spit a couple of times at Alcatraz.

As far as the white teeth ...
I always comment on how perfect they are. (Of course...his father IS a dentist!)

creedlvr 01-03-2004 12:28 PM

Quote:

I guess I am the black sheep of the bunch. I personally could care less if he smokes or chews, that is his business. Of course it affects his voice, that is no mystery.

You are not the black sheep! I agree! I mean ... of course I'd prefer that he not smoke ... not only for the obvious health reasons but also because his voice is his career and to risk that is just silly. But the bottom line is ... he's a big boy! I'd be far more upset if he was shooting heroin or something! It's just a cigarette for God's sake! I am not a smoker and do think that it is a gross and dangerous habit ... but I don't think he's commited a crime or anything.
Quote:

I think that for him especially he is "scrutinized" to the extreme for whatever he does and it simply is not fair. I like him smoking or not, I myself am a non smoker but I just look a little deeper before I pass too much judgement. Who knows maybe it is his only coping mechanism? :dunno:

I agree that it is ridiculous how much he is scrutinized! The poor guy can't make a move without people passing judgement on him. It's really no wonder he's having personal issues ... how could he not!?!?

I say we give the guy a break so maybe he could stop feeling like he wants to hide in a hole somewhere and get back to wanting to give us great music!

Sheila63 01-03-2004 12:32 PM

Quote:

I guess I am the black sheep of the bunch. I personally could care less if he smokes or chews, that is his business. Of course it affects his voice, that is no mystery. I think that for him especially he is "scrutinized" to the extreme for whatever he does and it simply is not fair. I like him smoking or not, I myself am a non smoker but I just look a little deeper before I pass too much judgement. Who knows maybe it is his only coping mechanism? :dunno:

I guess I'm another black sheep too. First of all let me say that I'm not a smoker, I've never smoked in my life. But, like Jen said so well, that's his business. It doesn't change the way I feel about him in any way. IMO, most of us have habits we'd like to break or change, he's human like the rest of us.

Frankie 01-03-2004 01:06 PM

Well...I am very happy to see the turn around in this thread...my goodness...as others have said it's a cigarette for crying out loud.
I have never smoked in my life...but I would NEVER ever call someone an ass...a liar...or loose respect for someone because they do. I cannot believe how judgemental some people are where Scott is concerned. It's not a character flaw and does not make him less of a good person...it's just a habit...one that I understand is extremely hard to break.
And just to clear up one more thing...Scott was terribly, terribly sick during the Alcatraz performance...any spitting you saw was NOT tobacco...just clearing his nose and throat as "guys" tend to do. He may be very talented...and he can chew gum and sing at the same time ;) ...but hardly doubt he could pull off singing with tobacco in his mouth. :rolleyes:
Sorry Teri that your innocent observation turned into this.

JenRN 01-03-2004 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedlvr
He was THAT close to you?? OMG!!! I would just die! I was within arm's length of him at the NYE show and I thought THAT was exciting! WOW! I'm SO jealous!

Anyway, I did notice him spit a couple of times at Alcatraz.

As far as the white teeth ...
I always comment on how perfect they are. (Of course...his father IS a dentist!)

YES at one show I was that close, so close I could smell him ;) I locked eyes with him several times, gave me feelings "all over" :D

creedlvr 01-03-2004 02:46 PM

I don't blame you! I'm getting "feelings" just thinking about it!

mamm1234 01-03-2004 03:01 PM

This was a cool discussion, it's great to talk about Creed, everything can't be good unless we think they're perfect which we don't.

What we all want is for all the guys, but especially Scott who seems to be having the most difficulty right now, to be healthy and whole.
I can't even bear to look at pictures of him now. Seeing those celebrity poker pictures make me want to cry. My heart goes out to him.